PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Tests Positive; Out for KC game

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've heard about all these + "cases"... Has any player who tested + in the NFL actually been sick? Required hospitalization? Spare me the "BUT THEY CAN SPREAD IT TO GRANDMA!"... seriously is anyone actually sick or are these all asymptomatic healthy athletes who may have a tiny trace of viral load, without any chance of getting sick or transmitting to others....
Do your ****ing job media and report on this....somehow I doubt any of the doom and gloom boo hoo pandemic crew media would ever bother looking into this... doesn't fit their shutdown the world narrative
Then there’s this superhealthy student athlete who catches coronavirus and....

Chad Dorrill, a 19-year student at Appalachian State University who his mother and former coach described as a "super healthy" athlete, died on Monday due to coronavirus complications, officials said.

all this talk about people getting infected twice. theres only like 2 confirmed cases in the whole world. and one was asymptomatic
This. This this this.

Every human body is unique and there's something like 8 billion of 'em on the planet. Even viruses which you can only get once still have some people get multiple times simply because the antibodies never take hold. Right now the general consensus is recovering from Covid provides immunity, at least for some period of time, and the ridiculously rare instances of people getting it more than once does not change that.

Does Patriot place have the ability to have the whole staff live there? They need to stay in a foxboro bubble unless they have to travel and only stay in the hotel when they travel. No friends, no family, no exceptions. Problem solved.

No friends, no family, no exceptions. Problem solved.

Another troll, or just someone who doesn't grasp the concept of "family" and "human beings"?

With cam out for 3 games...FB_IMG_1601761552453.jpg

Another troll, or just someone who doesn't grasp the concept of "family" and "human beings"?
If coming up with the best possible solution to a problem is being a troll, then yes. Newsflash: they had the chance to opt out

Does Patriot place have the ability to have the whole staff live there? They need to stay in a foxboro bubble unless they have to travel and only stay in the hotel when they travel. No friends, no family, no exceptions. Problem solved.

Yes. This was the setup for training camp as I understand it.

Well, I'd be fine seeing what we have in Stidham, whenever the game is played, however many games do get played in the end. I have thought all along that this season is about next season: seeing what we have, seeing how they develop with NFL coaching/games.

As for Cam, I see no prospect he'll be back next year anyway. I do not think he's the sort of person you rely on long term in any case: too flighty, too histrionic, too narcissistic, too unsteady. He's charming in a childlike way, I suppose, but who cares? I would note too that he has pretty certainly demonstrated that he's the sort of person who gets sloppy sustaining productive behavior: he did get the disease after all, and that is generally the result of a lapse in judgment in my view.

Last edited:
Oh god, I'd rather watch re runs of Home Improvement than watch Hoyer and Stidham

Well, I'd be fine seeing what we have in Stidham, whenever the game is played, however many games do get played in the end. I have thought all along that this season is about next season: seeing what we have, seeing how they develop with NFL coaching/games.

As for Cam, I see no prospect he'll be back next year anyway. I do not think he's the sort of person you rely on long term in any case: too flighty, too histrionic, too narcissistic, too unsteady. He's charming in a childlike way, I suppose, but who cares? I would note too that he has pretty certainly demonstrated that he's the sort of person who gets sloppy sustaining productive behavior: he did get the disease after all, and that is generally the result of a lapse in judgment in my view.

GFY, round 2.

If they play, I better see Stidum take the snaps. If not and the legend of Brian Hoyer trots out there, it shows how bad Stidum actually is.

If they play, I better see Stidum take the snaps. If not and the legend of Brian Hoyer trots out there, it shows how bad Stidum actually is.
Stidham is 3rd on the depth chart. We'll only see him if/when the game and/or season is out of hand. Cam may only miss a game or two so there still is something to play for.

Stidham is 3rd on the depth chart. We'll only see him if/when the game and/or season is out of hand. Cam may only miss a game or two so there still is something to play for.
So he's that bad then?

Good luck, Cam! Boston pro sports has already lost one key starting player to COVID with uncertainty about whether it has ended his career or not. Let's not have any more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe