PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Tests Positive; Out for KC game

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ian Time to ask the Pats to forfeit, right?:rofl:
Edit: Time to ask the Pats and Chiefs to forfeit, right?:rofl:

Seriously though, should have put everyone in a bubble away from their families. I'd say I'm surprised, but I'm really not.

Last edited:
Yes, indeed you are - bloviating that a football player has to isolate themselves from their entire lives simply for your personal entertainment. Pretty much the textbook definition of selfish right there.

Spot on.

Note, a 'virtual' team meeting:

Note, a 'virtual' team meeting:

Gut feeling this goes on Tuesday to appease CBS, who wanted the Titans-Steelers game at the 7 PM Tuesday time slot...Goody has to please the suits at the networks

They should move the beginning of the playoffs back a couple of weeks or so to allow for makeup games. That means some teams will sit idle for awhile which isn’t ideal, but college football has about a month off before their playoff games.

chefs want this game bad, because it would be the Pats without Cam which is a win for them. Cam playing, that's not a guaranteed win. Rescheduling it for later in the year means Cam could be back, Pats could have more chemistry on offense and defense and chefs might not be as healthy
Most Chiefs fans I know don’t want it. They don’t want the risk of Mahomes or Reid getting it,

There is NO way to get the virus if you don’t go out.

Edit: Let me change that. There is a TINYYYY chance you can get it from someone dropping you off groceries or something. But that chance is very small and NOT LIKELY according to the CDC.

He went out somewhere or he allowed someone into his home. There is no other way to get it.
This was proven false within the first month of quarantine. Where have you been?

Most Chiefs fans I know don’t want it. They don’t want the risk of Mahomes or Reid getting it,

They also would have a crazy crunch coming up with 3 games in 9 days if Tuesday happens.

It makes no sense to do it and there are many arguments against it.. which is why the league will most probably do the moronic thing and force it.

I don't know what's worse, your quickness to jump to the worst conclusion without knowing a single peripheral detail or your ignorance of the hows and whats of Covid-19.
Or the refusal to pay any attention to what's already been stated about the virus.

Hoyer sucks, we stand no chance starting him but Bill probably trusts him more than stidham because Hoyer knows the playbook better and he doesn't feel comfortable giving stidham his first start at KC

They should postpone the game altogether. I am surprised that the Chiefs and Patriots even want this game when other players could have been exposed . I have a feeling this is going to snowball very quickly !

I honestly think the right move is to cancel a game when this kind of thing happens. Yes it will mean teams end up with an uneven number of games played. And it will definitely help some teams while hurting others. Oh well. Not the end of the world.

Hoyer sucks, we stand no chance starting him but Bill probably trusts him more than stidham because Hoyer knows the playbook better and he doesn't feel comfortable giving stidham his first start at KC
We knew this coming into the season. The QB shelf was bare until Bill signed Cam in late June. What a swing and miss on Stidham though. I was really hoping he had something and he is not even dressing for games.

Seriously though, should have put everyone in a bubble away from their families. I'd say I'm surprised, but I'm really not.
I think so too. The idea that purely voluntary protocols could be effective was always a sad joke. Each team needs a 'bubble' facility for its players and staff, and a second so visiting teams can be protected. Test everyone that would be in contact with the players during travel. Probably means 100 people per team. Players get paid well, NFL is rich, all they needed to do was decide to spend the money, but they chose not to.

Keep in mind this is week 4 and we're now on our 2nd postponed game. It's hard to see how we make 16 games.

I honestly think the right move is to cancel a game when this kind of thing happens. Yes it will mean teams end up with an uneven number of games played. And it will definitely help some teams while hurting others. Oh well. Not the end of the world.
NFL will try to play every game, even if it means Johnny Foxborough will be promoted to the NFL. It's all about keeping the cash flowing. The only thing that will shut it down is if players fear for their future career earnings and refuse to play.

OH. FFS.. Seriously???? You clearly aren't bothering to read what others are posting. All you're doing is throwing shade at speculation. It's absolutely pathetic.

You don't know how/when he might have gotten the Covid so stop with your BS already.
We don't know BUT we need to find out. If he was reckless with his behavior and put our season in jeopardy then there needs to be accountability there.

Cam Newton caught this outside the facility. I don’t think this was inside. Interesting to see if other players test positive.

We don't know BUT we need to find out. If he was reckless with his behavior and put our season in jeopardy then there needs to be accountability there.
who the hell are you, Torquemada the Grand NFL Inquisitor? ridiculous.....awww ..."big bad Cam man took away my season...KILL HIM!"....WTF is wrong with you? YOU are going to hold the NFL "accountable!!!!"? You're a megalomaniac.

They also would have a crazy crunch coming up with 3 games in 9 days if Tuesday happens.

It makes no sense to do it and there are many arguments against it.. which is why the league will most probably do the moronic thing and force it.

This 3 games in 9 days for the Chiefs is ridiculous. The players should just refuse to play, either the Pats (because of infection) or Raiders (the middle game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes