PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Tests Positive; Out for KC game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Mike Garafolo, Hoyer expected to start...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. How bad does Stidham suck if he can’t even beat out Hoyer? Kid’s trash. We are going to get smacked.

Exactly.

Don’t go there. You’re a millionaire. Order DoorDash. Order Seemless. Order groceries. They get dropped at your door.

OH. FFS.. Seriously???? You clearly aren't bothering to read what others are posting. All you're doing is throwing shade at speculation. It's absolutely pathetic.

You don't know how/when he might have gotten the Covid so stop with your BS already.

I am surprised that the Chiefs and Patriots even want this game

chefs want this game bad, because it would be the Pats without Cam which is a win for them. Cam playing, that's not a guaranteed win. Rescheduling it for later in the year means Cam could be back, Pats could have more chemistry on offense and defense and chefs might not be as healthy

I hope the game is rescheduled for another week, really wanted to see Cam and this team at full strength vs them.

OH. FFS.. Seriously???? You clearly aren't bothering to read what others are posting. All you're doing is throwing shade at speculation. It's absolutely pathetic.

You don't know how/when he might have gotten the Covid so stop with your BS already.

Ignore the irrational idiot. I’ve made the same mistake of replying to him the first few times.

The spread of this virus can be very weird. Our nurse practitioner (I’m a physician) had some mild sinus symptoms apparently but continued to work for a week - nothing else. Then on a Friday felt worse with fever, got tested and was positive. She recovered fine. She wore a mask for all patient contact, but not always when in her office or when eating lunch with the staff. Also not at home. No other staff member became sick, no patients became sick that we know of and her family members remained well. I was certain that it would have gotten some of that group, but apparently not.

Hoyer would only start if they actually play this week..

I was taking his post to mean it would be postponed a few days, but still be played. My mistake.

That seems.. odd. Rapid testing shouldn’t take that long.

The "15 Min Rapid Test" really isn't relieable. It has far to many False Negatives. Most of the "rapid testing" is same day. 4-6 hours..

chefs want this game bad, because it would be the Pats without Cam which is a win for them. Cam playing, that's not a guaranteed win. Rescheduling it for later in the year means Cam could be back, Pats could have more chemistry on offense and defense and chefs might not be as healthy
Seems logical that Pats fans should hope this game gets scrubbed, they have their best player, we don't.

Maybe later in the season Cam is back and one of their key players is out.

Exactly.

Don’t go there. You’re a millionaire. Order DoorDash. Order Seemless. Order groceries. They get dropped at your door.
Not sure this is worth the effort, but I live in a neighborhood with a lot of millionaires and a few "other"-aires. A lot of them do go into a grocery store once in a while to pick up milk or eggs rather than send someone to get them or have them delivered, especially on a weekend. They also go out to dinner or lunch in a manner consistent with local Covid law.

The only way to have a chance of "protecting" players, coaches and staff is to do what the NBA did successfully. But a "bubble" for a dozen or so teams of maybe 13 players and a similar number of coaches and trainers is a lot different than a bubble for 32 teams with a roster of 53, plus practice squad and an army of trainers and coaches...well over 100 for each team.

I was skeptical but hopeful that the NFL could somehow pull it off, but i'm beginning to think that even with the best of intentions and responsible behavior, it will be impossible. Over 3,200 players, staff etc. All in close proximity on the practice field and using the same gym equipment. The odds of individuals contracting the virus are measurable, but the likelihood of spreading it is very high given the circumstances in which they practice, work out, etc.

It was a win with Cam for the Chiefs. Just that much easier if it is Hoyer.

The guy that has been active as the backup the 1st 3 weeks is excepted to start while the guy that has been inactive each week won't.

What was Garafolo's source on this? logic?

I was taking his post to mean it would be postponed a few days, but still be played. My mistake.

Supposedly it will be played Monday or Tuesday. But who knows.. If there is a rash of Positives such as with the Titans, it will get postponed to another date..

As I said, selfish.

Yes, indeed you are - bloviating that a football player has to isolate themselves from their entire lives simply for your personal entertainment. Pretty much the textbook definition of selfish right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes