PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Cam newton resigned 1 year deal

I would wait after draft day to sign him, cause it tells other teams that we will certainly take a QB with one of our tops picks, kind of reveling your hands. I don't mind having Cam as a mentor for a prospect QB to learn from.

But to have some fun and stir the pot over here, I have higher expectations from Harry than I have with Cam.

Who were the Patriots going to get realisticly?

Watson No
Wilson No
Garappalo No

who else Fitz who hasn’t made the playoffs in his entire career?

Best option was to sign Cam and draft a QB.

Their really isn’t anything else out there. It takes 2 to tango.

Sure I would have preferred any of the other QBs above but it takes 2 to tango.
you have as much a shot at winning the sb with fitz as you do with scammy. i know what i had with scammy with his bottom 5 qb play last year so i'm going to go with fitz since he's shown a propensity to play at a higher level than bottom 5 for multiple teams throughout his career.

What’s his cap hit? $5 mill? Even at $14mm, we have a ton of cap space. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the roster is improved. Belichick is about to run roughshod over the league. This is going to be fun.

1615582280696.png
You don’t make this guy angry.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are so shocked. Bill is following the Ninkovich plan: build a top #5 defense (his specialty), fill in a few more (of the many) holes, and be closer to a QB away from being a contender. He'll try for a QB again next year. Odds are he trades #15 down or into next season to have two #1s.

If anyone knows how difficult it is to win a SB, it's Bill. The folks that thought we were going to be a contender this year w/o a QB and too many holes just because of $62M in cap space were, well delusional.

Does he actually do that? Jordan would wear a new shirt once and give it away, and they were expensive shirts.
Yeah he said it himself with his outfits I believe, one and done.

Not sure why people are so shocked. Bill is following the Ninkovich plan: build a top #5 defense (his specialty), fill in a few more (of the many) holes, and be closer to a QB away from being a contender. He'll try for a QB again next year. Odds are he trades #15 down or into next season to have two #1s.

If anyone knows how difficult it is to win a SB, it's Bill. The folks that thought we were going to be a contender this year w/o a QB and too many holes just because of $62M in cap space were, well delusional.

sounds like we're just like any other team tbo. don't know why we're paying bill 20 mil a year.

I can’t wait for Bill to remind us every week when Cam sucks next year that he threw for 350 against Houston last year!

In your opinion. Brady two number one WRs this past year. I said he can no longer carry a bad offense. How did anything he did in 2020 prove me wrong. 2019 proved me right. Brady has a long way to fall being the greatest of all time. A minor slip in talent will still make him a top talent.

When has Brady ever carried a bad offense/team to a championship? You’ve never quite been able to answer that.

And Josh Allen had a better season as a passer than Brady.

You sound like a Colts fan circa 2001-2010 now.

He didn't go Super Bowl, but then again, Brady wouldn't have gone either if the Bucs' defense didn't totally shut down Aaron Rodgers and wouldn't have won if the Bucs defense didn't shutdown Mahommes.

The Bucs scored 30+ PPG in all three games. They also could have very easily put up a 40-burger against KC had they not obviously taken their foot off the gas. Anyone who knows what they are looking at, which quite obviously is not you, could see that. Not a top 5 effort by them, but they were playing it safe once they got a big lead.

That is why I don't rank QB season performance based on Super Bowl rings. They aren't the only players on the field in the plays. It takes a team to win.

Yeah? You didn’t seem to have any problem doing that all these years when he was here and you were comparing him to Manning or, later, Rodgers. What’s changed? That’s a rhetorical question, by the way. We all know what changed. You know, you build character when you can just admit that you were wrong and the take was pure crap. You’d also save yourself a lot of aggravation and time. People would have more respect for ya. Doubling down on what was obviously a failed point is only more embarrassing and something I’d doubt you do if you weren’t behind a computer screen.

Hell, I made a **** call about the 2018 team’s chances to win a title and ate my crow. I was wrong about that. Didn’t make any excuses. Didn’t move any goal posts. Didn’t contort myself into talking points in a desperate attempt to show that I was really right even though they won. Just apologized to a few people for roasting their balls in a thread and celebrated being wrong. Moved on quickly. But then again, I have no issue with admitting when I have a **** take. That’s why it’s so fun to tee off on those who do. In this case, it’s the same one liner over and over again that obviously gets you seeing red

And struggled against the blitz this year. That is a provable fact.

Without Marpet? Sure. With Marpet, he shredded the blitz as per usual. Think I’m wrong? Feel free to pull those splits.

Ok, no more Brady talk.

Yeah, I don’t blame you. Not a top 5 performance in this thread. Drop the subject and live to fight another day.

You talk about the coach who is under .500 without the greatest football player of all time?

Bill Belichick without Tom Brady has a worse record than Rex Ryan.
ive read it all. Are you really saying BB is worse than rex toe fetish ryan?

For anyone who thinks Cam is just a placeholder that we can get rid of any time, just think about this. Ever since the season ended, there hasn't been anything that came out of the Patriots camp that would suggest they see him as anything other than starting QB. Matter of fact, it is arguable that BB pays more compliment to Cam than he does Brady. BB definitely sees Cam as the starting QB for this team and wants to roll with him for a full season. Cam is not a placeholder, he is the guy, at least for this year.

What’s his cap hit? $5 mill? Even at $14mm, we have a ton of cap space. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the roster is improved. Belichick is about to run roughshod over the league. This is going to be fun.

View attachment 31063
You don’t make this guy angry.
I think belichick has lost it.
You CANT win with cam Newton.
Belichick witnessed the worst QB in the nfl and says hey let’s do that again.

He has 70 mill of cap room and he chooses to not fix the biggest problem on the team.
This is the worst decision he has ever made by multitudes of degrees.

ive read it all. Are you really saying BB is worse than rex toe fetish ryan?
His record is the greatest ever
His decision today is the worst ever.

His record is the greatest ever
His decision today is the worst ever.
are you 100% sure he will start next year> I'm not. But if he does, I won't be happy either.

Bill has lost it. Anyone defending paying Cam $14M officially gets their homer membership and can tell me how Bill’s jock smells today. High fives for Team Bill!

What a disgusting move.
Since it is 5M plus 9 million in crazy incentives, if Cam makes 14M, he will have been league MVP, all pro, pro bowl, started 16 games, and led the Patriots to a Super Bowl win. I think we could call that a great deal. A pipe dream, though.

For anyone who thinks Cam is just a placeholder that we can get rid of any time, just think about this. Ever since the season ended, there hasn't been anything that came out of the Patriots camp that would suggest they see him as anything other than starting QB. Matter of fact, it is arguable that BB pays more compliment to Cam than he does Brady. BB definitely sees Cam as the starting QB for this team and wants to roll with him for a full season. Cam is not a placeholder, he is the guy, at least for this year.

That PR and messaging is all nice and well but the reality is that there is only a 3.5M hit the Pats would take if they release Newton before the season starts. If an opportunity comes up to add another vet QB to the roster and have a QB competition it will be on Newton to win that starting job.

The team has so much cap space that there is nothing holding them back from signing another QB at around the same compensation level.

Try for a QB next year? That’s what we heard last year.

He has enough cap space to upgrade half of the roster. NOW. But it will be wasted on a slug at qb that you cannot win with.

No argument overcomes that you just decided to bring back the worst QB in the nfl without trying to upgrade. No plan includes sucking at Qb on purpose

And if we leave it to rob freaking ninkovich to make decisions for the franchise why do we have employees?

Anonymous internet poster says he 'definitely' knows how BB views the QB situation.

Right.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back