PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton released by Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
F7dn5vr.gif

says all you need to know about cam... no thanks

If healthy, I think we could win with him.

Yes, we can have a quarterbacks for the future, say 2022. In the meantime, we need a quarterback for the present. And yes, I know many are fine with Stidham starting and going 5-11. Of course, that won't get us Lawrence.

So Newton the loser will get us Lawrence.

No way BB is thinking that way.

The older white males would stroke out running from the team.

I'm interested in Samuel though. I'd do a 3rd/4th for him in a second.

Are you referring to thew same folks who liked Michael Bishop? Or Rohan Davey? Or how about Jacoby Brisset?

smh

Go with Stidham and find out what he is all about.

If he isnt the answer then keep drafting QBs until you hit on a keeper. KC found Mahomes, Seattle found Wilson in the 3rd, GB found Rodgers. You only go backwards with retreads like Newton and Winston who will never be winners.

Newton is a 5hitbum.

No Newton, but Winston maybe, and not as a bridge, but as your Man for the next 10 years. He can do it if he can transform just a couple parts of his game under a new coach and system.

I say either Winston, Stidham now, Dalton for a few years, or draft a qb in the first round and have him compete with Stiddy for the future.

I could never root for this ****y dancing idiot. Last time the Panthers came to Foxboro, his show off antics were absolutely deplorable. Guy strikes me as a total proms dona loser. I know a bunch of Panthers fans and none of them have anything nice to say about sCam.

I could never root for this ****y dancing idiot. Last time the Panthers came to Foxboro, his show off antics were absolutely deplorable. Guy strikes me as a total proms dona loser. I know a bunch of Panthers fans and none of them have anything nice to say about sCam.

everywhere he has gone, he has proven that when healthy, he can win. When he is not healthy, then it gets ugly.

And while he may be fashion challenged, his teammates love him and think he is a great leader.

Who published the study with that determination?

Me. Because I wanted to.

If we bring in Cam it's obvious that he'll take to the system right away, become a starter and people will be calling for us to extend him by week 2. I stand by this statement on this the 24th of March 2020.

Last edited:
everywhere he has gone, he has proven that when healthy, he can win. When he is not healthy, then it gets ugly.

And while he may be fashion challenged, his teammates love him and think he is a great leader.

He’s 68-55 as a starter. Unless you’re counting his college days (you shouldn’t), he’s proven he can be a little better than mediocre in one place. He had one great season.

3 playoff wins.

3 seasons where the Panthers finished above .500 and 5 when they finished below .500

He’s 68-55 as a starter. Unless you’re counting his college days (you shouldn’t), he’s proven he can be a little better than mediocre in one place. He had one great season.

3 playoff wins.

3 seasons where the Panthers finished above .500 and 5 when they finished below .500

the key is “when healthy”. And yes I am counting his college days.

The problem with Newton is for the last 3 years it looked like had no passion or fire for the game anymore. In his early “super man” years you could see his passion and joy for the game.

Maybe it was the injuries that took a toll, but he seemed to care more about what he wore to press conferences, than winning football games.

Panthers releasing him could re-light a competitive fire in him. I would be ok with a one year deal, with heavy incentives. If he wants a high guaranteed salary, I stay far away.

I would be shocked if Bill goes into training camp with only Stidham, Hoyer, and some JAGS.

The guy was basically a one-year wonder.

Very good athlete, but meh QB. All of his passes are 100mph and he relied on his athleticism to be effective. Now that he is essentially damaged goods, I would not take a chance on him.

And the guy is a HUGE diva. HUGE! We do not want that.

Part of me is extremely curious to see how a Newton/Belichick pairing would work...

The other part of me thinks this guy is the Dwight Howard of the NFL and wants no part of him...
To be fair, I had advocated signing Dwight Howard for the Celtics during last summer...He can still rebound with the best of them, and the Cs have Nobody on their roster who can do what he does as well as he does it...and I like Enes Kanter, but he needs more help...

Anyway, back to our regularly-scheduled programming...

To be fair, I had advocated signing Dwight Howard for the Celtics during last summer...He can still rebound with the best of them, and the Cs have Nobody on their roster who can do what he does as well as he does it...and I like Enes Kanter, but he needs more help...

Anyway, back to our regularly-scheduled programming...
Yuck, no thanks.

I wouldn’t dream of giving Howard a single minute over any of Theis, Williams and Kanter.

Sadly, I was at that game. We lost. All I noticed was him completing passes to wide open receivers and getting 1st downs on defensive holding calls on 3rd & long.
Fortunately, that year's D jelled after a horrible start.

Comments:

a.) I still think Cam has something in the tank.

b.) I'll be disappointed if Stidham isn't the real deal if and when Cam returns to his 2015 MVP form. That is a BIG IF though.

c.) We can't afford Cam anyway....

d.) Cam to the Chargers....they already have Tyrod Taylor who would be a perfect backup for Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots