PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton explains a play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone can explain to me why anyone cares about Newton's hats or hairdo? I just do not get it. He is not hurting anyone, his work in the community is outstanding, he is a good teammate, so who cares about his hair?

Why is he saying he is not going to be humble anymore? Can a guy so jacked be pliable enough to throw the football accurately and effectively? Have all of the injuries taken a toll? These are all reasonable comments to me. But what he wears or how he cuts his hair is the most important issue? REALLY?
I don’t care about Cams hairdo but I do care about your avatar:haha::p

I don’t like music. It was just a hyperbolic example, but hair style matters to me regardless of the joke I am making. It A bias that has nothing to do with race. I grew up ina military family and it was just hammered into me about my physical appearance and I like it and will not change.

I am going to relate a story from 40 years ago to make a point. We were at the airport picking up a relative at holiday time. I had come back from college and spent some much time studying I hadn't gotten a haircut in 8 weeks so it was shaggy. My parents also at the airport gave me grief and asked why I couldn't be like those nice neatly trimmed young men with short haircuts.. Flight was delayed and I went to get a beverage. Those nice young men were from the Unification Church who tried to recruit me. " moonies" a cult like church...When i related that to my parents, they never bothered me again about my hair.....

Some of the nicest, best patients I had ever had were tattooed, with colored hair or didn't conform......

I don’t like music. It was just a hyperbolic example, but hair style matters to me regardless of the joke I am making. It A bias that has nothing to do with race. I grew up ina military family and it was just hammered into me about my physical appearance and I like it and will not change.
You seem like fun.

If you can’t be objective, judge the clothes or the hairdo

One has nothing to do with the other. You can say, dang, he’s a great player... and at the same time say what’s up with his avocado/tweets/killing a guy/post game outfits/yadda yadda yadda. :)

I think he should cut the hair to give him a fresh start. Leave that weird hair behind in Carolina.

You seem like fun.
As long as it is not about appearance I am swell. Anyway, this is not about me, it is about a very find young man who has a hairdo that looks like a homeless person who has some marbles missing. He is very intelligent and I hope he gets to do some radio shows in town for people to know him, but something changed and it is not just about art.
The time off was very good for him. He has the fire back. Lets talk Cam. Enough about my weirdness.

481s2i.jpg

I guarantee the media will flip their switch day 1 of training camp and proclaim they always knew he’d be the starting QB.

If he can throw the football, he’s the starting QB. End of story.

The Newton vs Stidum discussion is not only disrespectful to Newton, but idiotic.

So you must have seen a lot of Stidham recently to know that even discussing the possibility of him as the starter is disrespectful to Newton as well as idiotic. How bad has he looked?

Isn't it possible that Stidham has improved enough in the last year to give Newton competition? There were plenty of teams who didn't want Newton. How did he become a big stud all of a sudden?

And Gilmore's dumb-ass Hands to the Face penalty for the other loss...

IMHO, the call was much worse.

I heard that the ref who took the TD away vs KC is an avid Ravens fan. Not sure if it's true or not but he sure looked like one on that play. It wasn't even close.

Funny how it worked out though, with KC getting the 2nd seed and then the 1st after the Ravens & the Runner gagged out a PEDton special with a quick one-and-done.

Looking back on that KC game now, it was really impressive how a Pats team without anything resembling an offense could come that close to winning.

This post is baseless nonsense.

I wasn't sure what point he was trying to make. I hope it wasn't that Cam's looks bother him. Who cares really?

As the saying goes, you don't judge a book by it's cover. The last time that I almost did that was when someone posted this incredible video here...

Over the past couple years Brady has sported fashion choices (during postgame press-conferences) just as wacky, bizarre, and outlandish as Cam.

No way that Brady, was, is or ever will be, as wacky, bizarre or as outlandish as Cam with fashion, even married to Gisele.

So you must have seen a lot of Stidham recently to know that even discussing the possibility of him as the starter is disrespectful to Newton as well as idiotic. How bad has he looked?

Isn't it possible that Stidham has improved enough in the last year to give Newton competition? There were plenty of teams who didn't want Newton. How did he become a big stud all of a sudden?
One guy won a national championship at Auburn. The other didn’t do much at Auburn.

One was the #1 overall pick, the other was a 4th rounder.

One led his team to a 15–1 record, a league MVP and a Super Bowl birth. The other has been in the league standing mostly on the sidelines for his first year and made some embarrassing throws in his only time playing.

You ask why GM’s didn’t want him? Because there’s a lot of dumb ones out there.

The argument Cam haters like you have is that he can’t throw a football anymore. In fact, the only way Stidum plays is if Cam calls it quits in training camp or gets injured.

The skill players/veterans are already aligning with Cam and that’s got to be an ego hit to Stidum. He’s also going up against a very determined veteran who’s only 31. It’s an uphill climb for that guy.

The argument that Stidum WILL beat out a healthy Newton is idiotic.

Seriously are you a woman?

Boy could I have fun with that, in many ways, if it was posted in one of the new pofo threads.

Seriously though, I know men who are the same way about their hair. I don't have the heart to tell one of them how foolish jet black hair looks on a 70 year old man.

You seem like fun.

To me he actually seems like more fun than quite a few posters here.

IMHO, the call was much worse.

I heard that the ref who took the TD away vs KC is an avid Ravens fan. Not sure if it's true or not but he sure looked like one on that play. It wasn't even close.

Funny how it worked out though, with KC getting the 2nd seed and then the 1st after the Ravens & the Runner gagged out a PEDton special with a quick one-and-done.

Looking back on that KC game now, it was really impressive how a Pats team without anything resembling an offense could come that close to winning.
Same crew worked both the Carolina & KC losses - without another home loss in between them, either: Jerome Booger's...

One has nothing to do with the other. You can say, dang, he’s a great player... and at the same time say what’s up with his avocado/tweets/killing a guy/post game outfits/yadda yadda yadda. :)

One doesn’t have anything to do with anything, and there’s a pretty good chance that he would say ‘you dress like idiot

Last edited:
We aren't the Yankees.
People change their look all the time to give themselves a fresh start mentally.

I won’t be surprised if changes his look.

One doesn’t have anything to do with anything, and there’s a pretty good chance that he would say ‘you dress like idiot

He would probably act similarly to people who come in contact with you, and nevertheless be kind and polite. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News