PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton explains a play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your hair style tells me more about you than any other outward thing on you. If I visit a surgeon and he has colored his hair green, I walk, I will live with my illness or tumor or whatever brought me to him or her.
This hair followed all the crazy outfitting he started to wear not only at Press conferences but around town. I am sorry,but he was not healthy in the mind the last couple of times he played.
80e0bfe9c665453e97144a240b6fe9a5_md.jpg

I wish him the best but something was not right and I hope time off helped. This does not bring any red flags for you? It was just not the physical reasons teams stayed around from him. There are other concerns.
I have a feeling he will cut if off. He looks better alot better in his videos than when all of the things in the picture were going on. There are worse pictures of him in town, I can post them if you want.

This post is baseless nonsense.

It seems pretty simple to me. If 90% of the time that you see the guy (as a Pats fan) is in a TV post game presser... and every time he's wearing some whacky outfit... it does tend to make an impression. I agree that his play speaks far louder... but his attire (which is 100% his choice) does make an impression.

It's the same for anyone. Imagine Brady over the past 20 years... same play on the field, but he did every presser in a different superhero outfit. Ant-Man, Aquaman, Spidey... 6 rings notwithstanding, you might say to yourself, "Whats up with THAT?"

:)

Over the past couple years Brady has sported fashion choices (during postgame press-conferences) just as wacky, bizarre, and outlandish as Cam.

Over the past couple years Brady has sported fashion choices (during postgame press-conferences) just as wacky, bizarre, and outlandish as Cam.

So post the photos. I didn’t find anything of note, but maybe you’re a better googler. :)

It seems pretty simple to me. If 90% of the time that you see the guy (as a Pats fan) is in a TV post game presser... and every time he's wearing some whacky outfit... it does tend to make an impression. I agree that his play speaks far louder... but his attire (which is 100% his choice) does make an impression.

It's the same for anyone. Imagine Brady over the past 20 years... same play on the field, but he did every presser in a different superhero outfit. Ant-Man, Aquaman, Spidey... 6 rings notwithstanding, you might say to yourself, "Whats up with THAT?"

:)

Wearing an Antman or Aquaman outfit is different than someone having a different sense of fashion than you. It only makes an impression due to you. It is not on him. The impression is a result of your feelings and emotions. He did nothing. Pretty basic error to blame someone else for your reaction. Called "projecting" if you care to Google it. ;):)

As predicted a starting black QB in Boston is generating expected chatter for this region. First up is the same criticisms heard about black athletes 20 years ago (reminiscent of Iverson in the nba) wearing clothes and hair that some find unacceptable.

Wearing an Antman or Aquaman outfit is different than someone having a different sense of fashion than you. It only makes an impression due to you. It is not on him. The impression is a result of your feelings and emotions. He did nothing. Pretty basic error to blame someone else for your reaction. Called "projecting" if you care to Google it. ;):)

im not the only one expressing this. Others are too. It’s called “reality”. Free free to google it. :)

As predicted a starting black QB in Boston is generating expected chatter for this region. First up is the same criticisms heard about black athletes 20 years ago (reminiscent of Iverson in the nba) wearing clothes and hair that some find unacceptable.
If he wins on a regular basis, I don't care what he wears to the pressers!!!!

I agree, but on the bright side it seems to be a lot fewer to me than what I guess would have happened 20 years ago. These days it is just a few old guys stuck in their ways. A few comments that are uninformed but harmless.

Your hair style tells me more about you than any other outward thing on you. If I visit a surgeon and he has colored his hair green, I walk, I will live with my illness or tumor or whatever brought me to him or her.
This hair followed all the crazy outfitting he started to wear not only at Press conferences but around town. I am sorry,but he was not healthy in the mind the last couple of times he played.
80e0bfe9c665453e97144a240b6fe9a5_md.jpg

I wish him the best but something was not right and I hope time off helped. This does not bring any red flags for you? It was just not the physical reasons teams stayed around from him. There are other concerns.
I have a feeling he will cut if off. He looks better alot better in his videos than when all of the things in the picture were going on. There are worse pictures of him in town, I can post them if you want.

Lmao man, that's a shallow life if you would rather die than have someone with weird hair be your doctor.

And if you honestly have a concern for his mental health, trivializing it through the appearance of his hair or outfits is contradictory. That **** makes him happy, he has said he views fashion as art - I guess it makes even more sense with that quote, given his hair looks damn near the exact same as famous artist Basquiat.

It's one hundred percent okay to say "I don't like his fashion, it's not my style." - you can totally have your own opinion, and it's not even problematic or whatever to say that. But when you start reducing a person's mental stability on the one thing they approach like an art - fashion and appearance - and it's deviation from the norm, you're bringing unfair and baseless judgement into the situation.

And quite frankly, as a person who loves fashion, that outfit is dope. The babushka isn't out of place, in fact it's probably a hat tip to a few great musicians in ASAP Rocky, Frank Ocean, and a few others, who donned similar looks the past few years. Couple that with the overalls, which as a garment, gained steam in 2018, and he's actually rocking a pretty purposeful outfit.

We're treading further and further into an era where football players and athletes don't just staple their image to their sport and leave it at that. They're learning to embrace other things that make them happy. Martellus Bennet is a great example, and was adamant about not being pidgeonholed as a football player. So he created his own design studio.

It's much easier to not be concerned, and I mean that in good faith.

Lmao man, that's a shallow life if you would rather die than have someone with weird hair be your doctor.

And if you honestly have a concern for his mental health, trivializing it through the appearance of his hair or outfits is contradictory. That **** makes him happy, he has said he views fashion as art - I guess it makes even more sense with that quote, given his hair looks damn near the exact same as famous artist Basquiat.

It's one hundred percent okay to say "I don't like his fashion, it's not my style." - you can totally have your own opinion, and it's not even problematic or whatever to say that. But when you start reducing a person's mental stability on the one thing they approach like an art - fashion and appearance - and it's deviation from the norm, you're bringing unfair and baseless judgement into the situation.

And quite frankly, as a person who loves fashion, that outfit is dope. The babushka isn't out of place, in fact it's probably a hat tip to a few great musicians in ASAP Rocky, Frank Ocean, and a few others, who donned similar looks the past few years. Couple that with the overalls, which as a garment, gained steam in 2018, and he's actually rocking a pretty purposeful outfit.

We're treading further and further into an era where football players and athletes don't just staple their image to their sport and leave it at that. They're learning to embrace other things that make them happy. Martellus Bennet is a great example, and was adamant about not being pidgeonholed as a football player. So he created his own design studio.

It's much easier to not be concerned, and I mean that in good faith.
Hey Cam, so you have been lurking here along? Welcome. I hope all is well and we ball this season if there is a season.
Hair style is very important to me. If your hair style is way out there, we will not get along. I reserve my right to be shallow with this standard of mine. No rainbow colored hair doctor will touch me. Even if I am on life support then it is time for me to go.

No rainbow colored hair doctor will touch me. Even if I am on life support then it is time for me to go.

Maybe it is not Cam but you that hit their head a few times too often.

Maybe it is not Cam but you that hit their head a few times too often.
I do love Cam though, I just think all is not well that is all. I think even half of what he was gets us into the playoffs.

im not the only one expressing this. Others are too. It’s called “reality”. Free free to google it. :)

Perfect! This is how to define "majority privilege" (in our country, "white privilege"). Label the cultural and behavioral traditions of the majority as "reality" and then criticize that which doesn't conform. Rather than taking personal responsibility ("I'm uncomfortable with this, and that's my problem") it is about transferring the problem to the other person. It is a form of bullying.

Step two: when that person won't conform, make it about a group of people ("see, most people agree with me" and "you people need to change"). Its like throwing a rock and then jumping behind a crowd.

Hey Cam, so you have been lurking here along? Welcome. I hope all is well and we ball this season if there is a season.
Hair style is very important to me. If your hair style is way out there, we will not get along. I reserve my right to be shallow with this standard of mine. No rainbow colored hair doctor will touch me. Even if I am on life support then it is time for me to go.
You must have a really shallow list of musicians you like. Why compare him to a doctor. He's an athlete and entertainer.

Perfect! This is how to define "majority privilege" (in our country, "white privilege"). Label the cultural and behavioral traditions of the majority as "reality" and then criticize that which doesn't conform. Rather than taking personal responsibility ("I'm uncomfortable with this, and that's my problem") it is about transferring the problem to the other person. It is a form of bullying.

Step two: when that person won't conform, make it about a group of people ("see, most people agree with me" and "you people need to change"). Its like throwing a rock and then jumping behind a crowd.

I don’t care what Cam wears, and I never criticized him. Go back and look at my posts. So whatever voices are in your head, they’re not from me. That’s all on your issues. Which, by the way, good luck with those. :)

Go Cam go !!!

:headscratch:

You must have a really shallow list of musicians you like. Why compare him to a doctor. He's an athlete and entertainer.
I don’t like music. It was just a hyperbolic example, but hair style matters to me regardless of the joke I am making. It A bias that has nothing to do with race. I grew up ina military family and it was just hammered into me about my physical appearance and I like it and will not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes