Not open for further replies.

Lagaffe_07

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I don’t if it has already been posted but I found this video of Cam explaining a play to a crowd that has no detail knowledge of how a play works.

I have a good vibe about him.

Loving Cam right now don’t know why I ever paid attention to people saying he was a problem.

And he never lost to the Pats. But I know what you mean... it was hard for me to look at his postgame outfits and not think...

47waf9.gif

...Huggy Bear. :)

And he never lost to the Pats. But I know what you mean... it was hard for me to look at his postgame outfits and not think...

47waf9.gif

Loved that character ... that was some funny sh!t.

I guarantee the media will flip their switch day 1 of training camp and proclaim they always knew he’d be the starting QB.

If he can throw the football, he’s the starting QB. End of story.

The Newton vs Stidum discussion is not only disrespectful to Newton, but idiotic.

I don’t if it has already been posted but I found this video of Cam explaining a play to a crowd that has no detail knowledge of how a play works.

Very good video but this was before all of these hits to the head, the NFL allowed Newton to be abused without flagging people. He was opened season. I feel his mind is not all right now. But he will be ok for a season here. If he cuts down that hair, then we may be getting that Cam here and we are in luck and he may have restored some marbles with his time off.

Can he just get rid of that ridiculous hairdo he is wearing....

Maybe someone can explain to me why anyone cares about Newton's hats or hairdo? I just do not get it. He is not hurting anyone, his work in the community is outstanding, he is a good teammate, so who cares about his hair?

Why is he saying he is not going to be humble anymore? Can a guy so jacked be pliable enough to throw the football accurately and effectively? Have all of the injuries taken a toll? These are all reasonable comments to me. But what he wears or how he cuts his hair is the most important issue? REALLY?

Wasn't a big Newton fan back then, but felt he had a legitimate beef.
Similar to Gronk being held so much. Just because you're bigger, doesn't mean that shouldn't be called.

Nice video thx.
Cam is pretty smooth pr-wise. he took over that crowd from the host and had them in the palm of his hand. and i assume was all impromptu.

Maybe someone can explain to me why anyone cares about Newton's hats or hairdo? I just do not get it. He is not hurting anyone, his work in the community is outstanding, he is a good teammate, so who cares about his hair?

Why is he saying he is not going to be humble anymore? Can a guy so jacked be pliable enough to throw the football accurately and effectively? Have all of the injuries taken a toll? These are all reasonable comments to me. But what he wears or how he cuts his hair is the most important issue? REALLY?

This is the fanbase of the buttoned-down Pats, who've reflected the B/B mix for the last 20 years. In the backs of our minds, you have to be super-stiff. Now, he might have given his last on-air explanation of his team's fade signal. Obviously he explained with a fake signal, but still. Belichick isn't going to ditch his ideas about free intel... although, if he's that fluid, he's a hell of a disinformnation fount ready to deploy... we'll see... Or, we won't. Depends what the virus wants.

Nice video thx.
Cam is pretty smooth pr-wise. he took over that crowd from the host and had them in the palm of his hand. and i assume was all impromptu.

Going back to previous post: the beautiful thing about seeing him with the crowd here -- and probably the part you'll never see in NE -- is the assumption that teaching the crowd is the goal, that's why he could take over from the host. BB does that at a presser in the pose of somebody with the expert's disease: He loves talking football, and FU if you can't keep up. On the instances when Brady explained, it was the same way. Newton broke it down being purposely accessible to his audience, and if that mean bespectacled middle-aged ladies in Charlotte, NC, he was showing love for ALL his fans. Meaning, if you love to learn, he wanted to teach.

Of course, that's one tape from one show, and for all we know he was heavily criticized for doing it.

If some of us were convinced he didn't "know the game," come on, it's the pro level. If you can't process football and you're the starting QB for one of 32 teams, that's the outlier case. Of course he knew all that. Explaining it with a smile, that's something else.

I really think this is a lost year coming up, especially with the news this week on the virus. God willing, next fall looks different and in a good way. The action is liable to be between the NFLPA and the league on how to count this year's contracts, and whether the economics will support leaving the terms of deals untouched.

Sorry. Anyway, that was a great watch.

Very good video but this was before all of these hits to the head, the NFL allowed Newton to be abused without flagging people. He was opened season. I feel his mind is not all right now. But he will be ok for a season here. If he cuts down that hair, then we may be getting that Cam here and we are in luck and he may have restored some marbles with his time off.

Why do you think it matters what you "feel" about his mind? Are you claiming he had a brain injury? His mind was fantastic until he got most likely trying to make a tackle. HE was having a great season. His hair has nothing to do with his play. Stop posting that trash. As if a hair cut restores cognitive ability. Whatever.

Why do you think it matters what you "feel" about his mind? Are you claiming he had a brain injury? His mind was fantastic until he got most likely trying to make a tackle. HE was having a great season. His hair has nothing to do with his play. Stop posting that trash. As if a hair cut restores cognitive ability. Whatever.

That's quite the effort. And yet a certain lazy segment of football fans reduces him down to one bad looking play in the SB.

Your hair style tells me more about you than any other outward thing on you. If I visit a surgeon and he has colored his hair green, I walk, I will live with my illness or tumor or whatever brought me to him or her.
This hair followed all the crazy outfitting he started to wear not only at Press conferences but around town. I am sorry,but he was not healthy in the mind the last couple of times he played.
80e0bfe9c665453e97144a240b6fe9a5_md.jpg

I wish him the best but something was not right and I hope time off helped. This does not bring any red flags for you? It was just not the physical reasons teams stayed around from him. There are other concerns.
I have a feeling he will cut if off. He looks better alot better in his videos than when all of the things in the picture were going on. There are worse pictures of him in town, I can post them if you want.

Maybe someone can explain to me why anyone cares about Newton's hats or hairdo? I just do not get it

It seems pretty simple to me. If 90% of the time that you see the guy (as a Pats fan) is in a TV post game presser... and every time he's wearing some whacky outfit... it does tend to make an impression. I agree that his play speaks far louder... but his attire (which is 100% his choice) does make an impression.

It's the same for anyone. Imagine Brady over the past 20 years... same play on the field, but he did every presser in a different superhero outfit. Ant-Man, Aquaman, Spidey... 6 rings notwithstanding, you might say to yourself, "Whats up with THAT?"

:)

It seems pretty simple to me. If 90% of the time that you see the guy (as a Pats fan) is in a TV post game presser... and every time he's wearing some whacky outfit... it does tend to make an impression. I agree that his play speaks far louder... but his attire (which is 100% his choice) does make an impression.

It's the same for anyone. Imagine Brady over the past 20 years... same play on the field, but he did every presser in a different superhero outfit. Ant-Man, Aquaman, Spidey... 6 rings notwithstanding, you might say to yourself, "Whats up with THAT?"

:)

If you can’t be objective, judge the clothes or the hairdo

And he never lost to the Pats.* But I know what you mean... it was hard for me to look at his postgame outfits and not think...

Thank Clete Blakeman and the picked up flag for that when Gronk was tackled in the end zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back