PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Call me crazy, but Cam's Instagram sounds like he's gonna be on the bench for these last 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but Stidham was not blameless and there’s no reason to take it away. It was a bad decision to throw to that check down which was covered completely on the route. If not picked it was a negative play.
That was 100% on Edelman. Throw was right there. He turned his head upfield before he should've. Nearest guy was over 3 yds away when he touched it. We've seen him squirrel his way out of that hundreds of times making guys miss. That being said, Stidham did have an INT called back for pass interference, but it was a terrrible throw, and he got away with it. Cam's had a number of those, too.

Belechick ended the 2006 season extremely pizzed off. 2007 saw an infusion of offensive talent...Moss, Welker, Stallworth...signed A.T. from the Ravens. He's in the same boat this offseason with arguably much more capital. I think Newton is dead as disco. Wish I could crystal ball BB's draft but that's always folly. Free agency is where I think we can really get a good grasp of what he'll do. Relax, it'll all unfold in time.

I'd sign him as a backup running back.
Supposedly he loves blocking, still has a fair amount of speed (according to stats earlier this year), has that 1 catch breaking a tackle for a 1st down earlier this year, and great height and weight to be a... TE

Just joshin - I want Pitts McGee, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

I like Cam and he has been a good Pats "citizen", but not sure of the value of a QB who cannot throw a short pass or a long pass.. this teams O has always been predicated on the short pass and YAC...

His audition is done, time to move on..

I think at this point he's been humbled and would accept competing for the job here or elsewhere. He can be a good backup. I think he can start on some teams, but they'd really need a lot of offensive talent on the outside to force the defense to respect the pass at least a little. I do question, though, if keeping him on as the backup next year may cause locker room discontent (unless, of course, his replacement is head and shoulders above him talent-wise)
But can he really be a good backup? This year his throwing has really really sucked. Now maybe he has been dealing with injuries we don’t know about, but Cam isn’t a 25 year old 2nd year player learning the NFL. At some point age catches up to us all.

I feel bad for Cam. Off the field he seems like a good teammate. But his skills are just eroded.

Teams don't fear him running anymore so they play him differently, and his throwing mechanics are all messed up from his shoulder

We will get a practice report today from the beat guys? BB will practice outside since the game is in Foxboro this week? We will know if Stidham or Newton are taking 1st team reps?

I've had it. This team, however it may develop, CAN NOT WIN OR PROGRESS with Cam.

He's shot, done for, used up. If you disagree, you're just plain delusional.

I'm not sure, frankly, how interested I am in watching a Cam-"led" Patriots team next year. After following the Pats since the mid sixties, I'd probably keep an eye on them next year, but that's about it. If the team's not interested in playing well, why should I care? Even when they've been lousy in the past, they were trying. Wasting another year on Cam is not trying in my book.

Last edited:
We will get a practice report today from the beat guys? BB will practice outside since the game is in Foxboro this week? We will know if Stidham or Newton are taking 1st team reps?
Not sure on that front. Would be good if so.

I dont know, im kind of worrying of the opposite now and that bb may like cam’s ‘accountability’ enough to give him another offseason to pick it up. It’s certainly worked for cam to this point, he has been dreadful since the az game yet has avoided the bench.

Is it so much to ask for Stidham to show he’s a franchise QB these next 2 weeks but we still lose each game by say less than 3 points more draft capital.
If we can build around Jarrett vs chasing another QB we’d have a a much better chance to compete next season.

Is it so much to ask for Stidham to show he’s a franchise QB these next 2 weeks but we still lose each game by say less than 3 points more draft capital.
If we can build around Jarrett vs chasing another QB we’d have a a much better chance to compete next season.

That would be ideal. A starting caliber qb on a rookie deal is a massive advantage, keeping hope there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes