PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye Bye - Who needs to go at the end of the season

Brand new QB room next year is the way to go. Could keep Mac as a backup to start the season but either way mentally he doesn’t seem to have what it takes to be a franchise QB. Just don’t get a leadership vibe from him. Probably best to move on. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. I’d rather get a vet not named Brian Hoyer or Trace McSorely in his place.

Zappe is trash and I doubt Grier is much better. Cunningham is a project and I think the team sees him at that.
Joe Biden Smile GIF

Might want to check the stats on the units that Bill’s Sons coach before you think they should be fired.
You don't know what jobs they're performing, nobody here does, and the team sucks at every level. You might want to skip the stats (they're for losers like Bill says) and head right for the standings.
It's past time to clean house and someone needs to tell Bob not to miss any rooms, even the kids' rooms.

Could well be a sea of change

Coaching- across the board
GM - enough said

Without naming names the following positions require significant upgrades and / or will have starters departing.

By all estimates this is a multi year rebuild, it may not even be worth getting a QB kin round 1 unless he is a super stud so the rest of the roster can be rebuilt.

QBs - all of ‘em
WRs - Douglass stays, at least two open starting slots (Bourne FA, rest stink)
TE - Hunter is a free agent
LT - Brown is FA
RG - Onwenu is FA

DT - Godchaux is horid
DE - Uche is FA
LB - Wilson is a FA
CB - Other than Gonzales not sure who is left
S - Dugger is a FA
One of the things I like about football is that a team can rebuild pretty quickly with good choices. As a few posters have pointed out lately, it's all about player evaluations. They have some holes sure, but they also have some decent players, money to spend and decent draft picks coming. If they get someone who really does what's best for the team then they can be up and running in no time.

Mac… get the stink out of the building.

His teammates like the person but hate the player, even if they can’t say so. He gives them zero chance to win.

Draft a QB high, take one later on in the draft as well. Start Zappe/Grier until the rookie is ready.

This isn’t hard.
It seems to be pretty difficult for Bill, who I like as a HC and hate as a GM.
Do you feel like the Pats are tanking this year? I'm getting that feeling.

It seems to be pretty difficult for Bill, who I like as a HC and hate as a GM.
Do you feel like the Pats are tanking this year? I'm getting that feeling.
I think this is who they are with devastating injuries on defense, a misfire in FA (Meyers/Juju), an QB who has regressed and an OL that was not addressed in the offseason. I also wonder if Trent Dilfer’s famous quote about the 2014 Pats applies to Bill now. I think Bill has had one good coaching year out of 4 since Brady left and that’s it…

Last edited:
Bill and sons, inc - So long and thanks for all the fish
Bill's entire coaching tree - have a bonfire with the remnantshjnmuuuuuuuuuu nnn
Cam Achord and Joe Judge - ST's has sucked so bad they can get mentioned twice
Bill's "personnel department" - Since he's thrown them under the bus repeatedly, they must really suck
The QB room of misfit toys
OL save Adrews Owenu and Sow
Gesucki
WR's except Douglas
Only way he gets into HOF is with his dad Matthew Slater and the lot of his special needs special teammates
JC Jackson - maybe one day when you grow up you can be roommates with Jack Jones for say 7-10 years
Gesucki?? :rofl:

You're making his point. If he was the safeties coach from Foxboro High would he have gotten the chance with more experience?
He followed the same track as Josh McDaniels, starting off as an assistant (breaking down film, etc.) before becoming a position coach.

Should we demand that everybody the Pats hire have been coaching elsewhere?

Bill and sons, inc - So long and thanks for all the fish
Bill's entire coaching tree - have a bonfire with the remnantshjnmuuuuuuuuuu nnn
Cam Achord and Joe Judge - ST's has sucked so bad they can get mentioned twice
Bill's "personnel department" - Since he's thrown them under the bus repeatedly, they must really suck
The QB room of misfit toys
OL save Adrews Owenu and Sow
Gesucki
WR's except Douglas
Only way he gets into HOF is with his dad Matthew Slater and the lot of his special needs special teammates
JC Jackson - maybe one day when you grow up you can be roommates with Jack Jones for say 7-10 years
Belichick, Achord, Judge, Klemm, Troy Brown all need to go. I don’t have an issue with Steve Belichick as a coach but I doubt he stays without his dad.

Belichick, Achord, Judge, Klemm, Troy Brown all need to go. I don’t have an issue with Steve Belichick as a coach but I doubt he stays without his dad.
Not sure I want him to stay but it might be good for Steve to build a track record for himself without his dad around.

You don't know what jobs they're performing, nobody here does, and the team sucks at every level. You might want to skip the stats (they're for losers like Bill says) and head right for the standings.
It's past time to clean house and someone needs to tell Bob not to miss any rooms, even the kids' rooms.
Like every coach they have titles which you can find on Patriots.com. There isn't some greater conspiracy here.

Hmmm… I would like to evaluate a few examples before I move to “no time at all”.

The examples I think of usually involve sucking long enough to grab a true franchise QB and then a couple more years to build a solid base.

This roster is full of holes, 3-5 years before serious contention and that is if things go well (IMO).

One of the things I like about football is that a team can rebuild pretty quickly with good choices. As a few posters have pointed out lately, it's all about player evaluations. They have some holes sure, but they also have some decent players, money to spend and decent draft picks coming. If they get someone who really does what's best for the team then they can be up and running in no time.

It's weird the ire for Bill (the coach) and his sons. The problem is 100% the roster Bill the GM put together. The sons are not the issue with this football team, and it's sort of strange the way people are fixated on that.
They’re fixated because of nepotism is all. They want BB to feel the wrath of getting fired along with his kids. And the kids are the 1 good thing on the team now I think tbh.

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

I see this thread title and all I hear is...

Last edited:
Not a bad list, Italian Pat, a decent nucleus. Tavai definitely should stick. Might want to still see if Mapu has something. Bentley, Godchaux and Wise? Also, I know people hate Myles Bryant because his pass coverage is spotty, but I see he currently is second on the team in solo tackles and fifth in combined tackles.
Between Italian Pat and you there’s 30 guys … there’s always 30 % turnover in every teams roster every year. Add draft picks and free agents which we should be able to get since we have a few ducats … you saying we could be a good team ?

If Bob and Bill part ways, most likely everyone on your list departs.

But this board will erupt when it's announced Bill returns as HC for the Pats for 2024. Unless he's traded, he may make more money getting paid the remainder of his contract then take another HC gig which would void his contract. He won't sit out until he's done being paid by Kraft. Because of this, he will want his sons employed so he will give up GM duties to remain in NE. Bob doesn't have to go through the Head Coaching search and Bill stays. Everyone wins.....

Happy Fun GIF by reactionseditor
Finally … like your train of thought. I’d be more shocked with Billy leaving this year than when Thomas left.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back