PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler's agent in search for 1st rounder + big contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would probably negotiate our former pick at #32 and a second rounder......

If they offered him a contract they would have to give us their 11th pick. Butler also can't be traded since he hasn't signed his tender.

He can't really do anything to get himself traded. Make him play out the last year.

If he is unhappy here and is sounds like he wants out..do we really want him back there with that attitude? Let him sign it and get our first round pick back.

Pats mishandled this one and it suck....**** I loved Butler (will still wear his jersey no matter where he goes). Could have had two of the best CBs in the NFL playing together. Sounds like it will be Gilmore and Rowe.

Well the other point to that is so much for those "reports" that there was a 2nd part of the Cooks deal that involves Butler. Pats can't trade him if he finds some team to do a sign and trade or if he doesn't sign his tender.

Could you forsee a situation where the Saints would be able to make a low-priced tender offer, with the tacit understanding that New England will not match, and be content taking NOLA's #11 draft pick?

the fact that BB did not even let Butler play cover 2 on Julio Jones in the SB and then went out and spent 14 million on a new CB tells teams he is not a top 5 CB.

he is on the same level as Logan Ryan a good starting CB and should get 10 million per so he will have a hard time finding a team to give 14 million and a first round pick in one of the deepest Drafts for DB. RB and DT in a long time

Or maybe they learned from the experience of having Kyle Arrington trying to cover Chris Matthews in Superbowl 49.

Well the other point to that is so much for those "reports" that there was a 2nd part of the Cooks deal that involves Butler. Pats can't trade him if he finds some team to do a sign and trade or if he doesn't sign his tender.
I kind of see this. That SP and BB have a behind the scene posibility for Butler to move to NO, but I dont see a 14 mil contract happening in NO. The problem is that I do believe Butler should be paid. He really should. But The NFC south has some of the biggest and fastest WR's in the NFL. So, same as there is a worry Cooks cant duplicate his speed and success on turf in the cold weather of NE. There is the same that Butler cant handle the speed in the dome. JAIRUS BYRD had a problem with this, and was suppose to be a great pickup. I believe in Butler, but I was all for Byrd also, so what do I know, lol, Im a RB guy.

If he is unhappy here and is sounds like he wants out..do we really want him back there with that attitude? Let him sign it and get our first round pick back.

Pats mishandled this one and it suck....**** I loved Butler (will still wear his jersey no matter where he goes). Could have had two of the best CBs in the NFL playing together. Sounds like it will be Gilmore and Rowe.
Can't say what Butler will or won't do but, Mankins legit got screwed on a long ass rookie deal and then the weird CBA extending RFAs and he showed up mid season in shape and ready to go. Butler hasn't even played long enough to be an UFA. He's got nothing to whine about.

If they offered him a contract they would have to give us their 11th pick. Butler also can't be traded since he hasn't signed his tender.
Got it... brain cramp........

These idiots in the media know we know none of them have a source inside the Patriots right? If news is coming from anywhere, it's from Butler's camp, themselves, or another NFL team.

Man I really hope we just keep him... Its probably gonna be like the Chandler Jones trade and we just end up with a second rounder and some **** player

1. The pats never pay you for something you've done. They will pay you for what you can do going forward.

2. We are gonna play some big receivers this year, Julio again, Evans, Thomas, Benjamin, etc. It's a mismatch for Butler. Hence the Gilmore signing.

3. Butler is good but maybe BB is thinking that he can't really leave him on an island. If you're gonna give him some safety help, then there's no way, we're gonna pay him what he wants.

Don't get me wrong, I like Butler but obviously, this is a value problem.

He can't really do anything to get himself traded. Make him play out the last year.
While the team holds his rights, it's also hard to imagine a guy like Belichick putting up with that nonsense and/or putting another player through a pointless process.

Maybe they can iron out their differences for one last season, but I think that ship sailed, personally.

Can't say what Butler will or won't do but, Mankins legit got screwed on a long ass rookie deal and then the weird CBA extending RFAs and he showed up mid season in shape and ready to go. Butler hasn't even played long enough to be an UFA. He's got nothing to whine about.

Funny thingis Gilmore played his chance at FA out to 5 years. He earned his payday. Butler and his agent can't realize that I guess. Pretty sad actually. Oh well, get a decent first and draft a CB. Mid first would be good enough to grab one and replace Butler.

I don't get how Butler can justify demanding UFA Gilmore money when he's only played in the league 3 years. Patriots are right to tell him to GTFOOH.

Exactly. Gilmore had to wait 5 years for his deal and Butler is complaining after 3 WTF

well that is disappointing

Funny thingis Gilmore played his chance at FA out to 5 years. He earned his payday. Butler and his agent can't realize that I guess. Pretty sad actually. Oh well, get a decent first and draft a CB. Mid first would be good enough to grab one and replace Butler.
Not sure you can replace Butler that easily, but Butler has nothing on Wilfork and Mankins having to play out SIX seasons to get their contract. Insane people are blaming BB...

If you personally had the seasons that MB had..won us a SB ect...and saw someone bring in someone else to take your spot getting paid top 4 CB $$...you would be a little pissed off no matter what situation.

I get he waited longer to get his deal ect ect. But you have to admit you would be ticked off hearing that news

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes