PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler & Saints working towards finalizing a deal (Thread now UFC Pats Fans Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then please show us the right section.
Feel free to find it.
I gave you the sources who have said so. Bill belichick and mike Lombardi.

I am basing this on bill belichick and mike Lombardi saying so not a personal study of the cba.
I trust they know it better than I or you or anyone on this board. (With apologies to Miguel who probably knows it better than Lombardi )
Ah yes, the "appeal to authority" logical fallacy. Surprised it took you this long.

Feel free to find it.
I already did. I found the relevant passage and quoted it, word for word, here in this thread.

You have provided absolutely nothing whatsoever from the CBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I asked for a link saying an RFA is no longer an RFA when he signs the tender. Try to read before bloviating.

Do you happen to think Miguel is bloviating, too?

I already did. I found the relevant passage and quoted it, word for word, here in this thread.

You have provided absolutely nothing whatsoever from the CBA.
That says absolutely nothing about trading a player on an RFA tender. Nothing.

Miguel doesn't bloviate

Agreed. So I assume that means you're finally conceding that when an RFA signs his team's tender he's no longer an RFA.

Do you happen to think Miguel is bloviating, too?

I was pretty clear I did not know that rule.

The other comment was in reference to the fact stayed by belichick and Lombardi that you cannot discuss trades involving players that are not under contract.

Agreed. So I assume that means you're finally conceding that when an RFA signs his team's tender he's no longer an RFA.
As I said I was not sure and yes Miguel has cleared that up.

Ah yes, the "appeal to authority" logical fallacy. Surprised it took you this long.
So you think that bill belichick and mike Lombardi do not understand that rule but you do?

So you think that bill belichick and mike Lombardi do not understand that rule but you do?
That's not what I said. What I am saying is I do not believe that ALL these media reports are wrong and that not one single word about Butler was discussed between NE and NO. My exact quote was:

"I am not talking about what the rules officially say, I am talking about the reality of 2 teams dealing with each other (such as what happened in the Welker deal)."

One thing is for sure, and that's that I understand these rules a helluva lot better than you do. But hey, at least you've dropped your original, ridiculously erroneous statement about how he could sign the RFA tender and still continue negotiating with other teams.

That's not what I said. What I am saying is I do not believe that ALL these media reports are wrong and that not one single word about Butler was discussed between NE and NO. My exact quote was:

"I am not talking about what the rules officially say, I am talking about the reality of 2 teams dealing with each other (such as what happened in the Welker deal)."

So you agree NFL rules prohibit the patriots and saints discussing butler in a trade?

Please show me all of these reports that confirm, not speculate that butler was discussed. Lazy journalism is not proof of anything.

One thing is for sure, and that's that I understand these rules a helluva lot better than you do.
Already proven wrong. But you meet your personal standard, you are right. because you say you are.

But hey, at least you've dropped your original, ridiculously erroneous statement about how he could sign the RFA tender and still continue negotiating with other teams.
Oh my claim that I didn't know but thought signing didn't matter?
Actually the truth is I said signing the RFA is irrelevant which clearly it is because there is no need to sign it until it expires.

Please show me all of these reports that confirm, not speculate that butler was discussed. Lazy journalism is not proof of anything.
Oh, I certainly agree it is all speculation. But there are so many reports, including some from reputable sources, that I don't buy that they are all wrong.

But hey, you're right and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the media members are wrong. Even though you demonstrated you don't understand how RFA works.
Oh my claim that I didn't know but thought signing didn't matter?
Actually the truth is I said signing the RFA is irrelevant which clearly it is because there is no need to sign it until it expires.
What you said was this:

What are you talking about?if he signs the tender he is an RFA who can go get an offer sheet from any team willing to give up a 1.

My favorite part is how you were all "what are you talking ?" and then made a fool of yourself by saying something wrong when what I was talking about was 100% correct.

Oh, I certainly agree it is all speculation. But there are so many reports, including some from reputable sources, that I don't buy that they are all wrong.

But hey, you're right and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the media members are wrong. Even though you demonstrated you don't understand how RFA works.
Show me any that are more than speculation. The patriots tendered butler and signed Gilmore. Then were negotiating trading for cooks. Gee since they have Gilmore and apparently won't be signing butler long term maybe they will trade butler. That is the full extent. No one gave any inside info that it even came up.
You are like anils housewife believing gossip and eventually saying if everyone is gossiping it must be true.

What you said was this:

What are you talking about?if he signs the tender he is an RFA who can go get an offer sheet from any team willing to give up a 1.

My favorite part is how you were all "what are you talking ?" and then made a fool of yourself by saying something wrong when what I was talking about was 100% correct.
And I have said I was wrong on that point.
You have still not said you are wrong about discussing a trade with a player not under contract and that the piece if the cba you posted was totally not relevant to trading a tendered player who hasnt signed the tender.

i think this trade is over. no news at all 3 days later,

saints are not going to give him 12+ if they have to give up the #11 and pats will just match anything under 10 million. he will be a pat at lest one more year

Show me any that are more than speculation.
I agreed it was speculation. What part of that did you not understand?

Man, you really just can't help yourself, can you? Even when someone agrees with a statement you made, you still have to argue it.
The patriots tendered butler and signed Gilmore. Then were negotiating trading for cooks. Gee since they have Gilmore and apparently won't be signing butler long term maybe they will trade butler. That is the full extent. No one gave any inside info that it even came up.
You are like anils housewife believing gossip and eventually saying if everyone is gossiping it must be true.
No no, I'm sure you're right and everyone else is wrong. I am sure that there were no discussions for Butler, his name never came up, and everyone on the planet is wrong and you're right. :rolleyes:

And I have said I was wrong on that point.
Yes after, like, 8 posts where everyone said how wrong you were and Miguel himself weighed in, you admitted I knew more about the subject than you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes