PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler & Saints working towards finalizing a deal (Thread now UFC Pats Fans Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Looking as if this will speed up quick.

EDIT: (3/19/17) Or not.

Last edited:
I'll do cartwheels if the Pats just don't get fleeced and at least get their #1 pick back. Probably no chance of that happening though.

Just curious, if I put the over/under on his average salary (first few years, not those fake years at the end) at $11M, are you taking the over or the under. Personally I think he is worth $10M max and $8-9M considering he is an RFA with little leverage. I love Butler as a player, but I'm just trying to be objective. Logan Ryan was lucky, as he wasn't worth close to $10M, but it was a very weak CB market and he had multiple bidders.

This guy....

AHgE4U7.jpg

Well I am curious what will happen. I know the 11th is the RFA price but there could be a trade worked out.

My thoughts on their picks.

11th - For 1 year of Butler you almost have to do it.
32nd - I am not a huge fan of it but I will understand. A first for giving up 1 year of a top CB is a good deal no matter how low the first is.
42nd - I would rather just hang on to Butler but not horrible if you don't think you can get him back.
76th - Not even worth doing a deal for. Keep him and get the comp pick.
103rd - So trade him for nothing except getting the pick faster? Insane

No point going lower.

Personally if they get anything besides the 11th for this I will not be happy. The 11th pick is great value for a 1 year player. I hate to lose him. I think with him the Pats are a near lock for title 6.

Hahaha, no.
I wouldn't be shocked if BB and SP already have set some terms for a deal. But if I'm BB and they hammer out a contract I don't answer the phone when they call for a trade. What then they can submit the offer sheet or they wasted their and Butlers time.

It's very vague what Rapopport means by "deal."

Screenshot_20170316-134846.png

We need to know more

People freaking out, here is what it means to have a first round tender:
The first-round tender means New England will pay Butler $3.91 million for the 2017 season.

It also means that Butler is free to negotiate with other teams, too. If one of those teams makes a better offer to Butler, he can sign an offer sheet. The Patriots would have an opportunity to match that contract and keep Butler.

If New England declined to match the contract, Butler would change teams, but, because of the tender used on Tuesday, the Patriots would get a first-round draft pick from the team that signs him. That usually is a deal-breaker.

What does the New England Patriots' first-round tender mean for Malcolm Butler?

We still have the leverage. BB is not stupid. Chill people WTF. We'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back