PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler & Saints working towards finalizing a deal (Thread now UFC Pats Fans Event)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh wish it was #11 but doubtful. We could grab another CB at that spot.

Oh, you mean the faceless/nameless guy who was given the opportunity of a life time to win 2 SBs with the greatest franchise in NFL history.

Lets not bash Butler as he walks out the door. He made big time plays while here and is a great story and very very good player. Without him we don't win super bowl 49 and that is a fact. That is the single biggest play in Patriots history IMO. I won't say without him they don't win SB51 cause who knows how they would have made up the team that year with signings if he wasn't on it.

Also, doesn't look like there's anything imminent between NE and NOLA... so this alleged "momentum" is only between the Saints and the Butler camp

Last edited:
Lets not bash Butler as he walks out the door. He made big time plays while here and is a great story and very very good player. Without him we don't win super bowl 49 and that is a fact. That is the single biggest play in Patriots history IMO.

I'm not bashing anyone. I asked who he was, as I have no recollection of anyone by that name playing for the team that's been led by Tom and Bill to two SBs in the last 3 years.

Looking as if this will speed up quick.

Momentum towards finalizing a deal is probably a huge understatement. Everyone it seems wants this to happen. The Pats, Saints and Butler. I think the Pats are not looking to match this and would probably be happy to trade him for a pick. I am sure BB make "wink wink nod nod" deals with teams. I think the Saints had such a deal where if so and so an offer for Butler was thrown out the Pats would not match and take their first and call it a day.

Lets not bash Butler as he walks out the door. He made big time plays while here and is a great story and very very good player. Without him we don't win super bowl 49 and that is a fact. That is the single biggest play in Patriots history IMO. I won't say without him they don't win SB51 cause who knows how they would have made up the team that year with signings if he wasn't on it.

Agreed, hate when people do that. Whatever happens, he was a great CB1 here for two years, and he made one of the most important (and improbable) plays in franchise history. If he ends up leaving, let's just wish him the best, we all kinda owe him that to say the least for SB49.

They can and will get fleeced if Belichick wants to do Payton a favor.

Bill Belichick doesn't strike me as the charitable type, or at least not to that extent. Regardless of any mutual admiration twixt the pair of them.

Most of the leaks so far are coming from the Butler camp... the side with the LEAST leverage and say

Example

Depending on how successful Butler could potentially be in NOLA, his career is starting to resemble Curtis Martin.

I believe the sequence would have to be (and please someone correct me if I am wrong):
  1. Butler/Saints work out a salary agreement that is technically non-binding (becuase this would totally hinge on the Pats being on-board and willing to follow along)
  2. Butler signs his tender offer
  3. Patriots trade Butler to Saints and get 32nd pick back
There's no way that NO signs him to an offer sheet and looses their #11 but I can easily see this going back to the original deal of Butler for Cooks. Which is what that would net out to be.

I believe the sequence would have to be (and please someone correct me if I am wrong):
  1. Butler/Saints work out a salary agreement that is technically non-binding
  2. Butler signs his tender offer
  3. Patriots trade Butler to Saints and get 32nd pick back
There's no way that NO signs him to an offer sheet and looses their #11 but I can easily see this going back to the original deal of Butler for Cooks. Which is what that would net out to be.

I don't think we get the 11th either. Just to point it out though. To get the 32nd it needs to be a trade and not an offer sheet signing. I am sure that was the plan all along though between the 2 teams.

Also, doesn't look like there's anything imminent between NE and NOLA... so these momentum is only between the Saints and the Butler camp

Don't even answer the phone to talk trade put the pressure on the Saints to go the offer sheet route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back