PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Building 2017 roster

I'm doubling down on being stupid. Want me some Owa Odighizuwa. I even remembered how to spell his name! Loved him when he got drafted. Doesn't likeplaying football for the NY Giants. No crime in that. Took some PED's to extend his career. What's not to like?:)

I'm doubling down on being stupid. Want me some Owa Odighizuwa. I even remembered how to spell his name! Loved him when he got drafted. Doesn't likeplaying football for the NY Giants. No crime in that. Took some PED's to extend his career. What's not to like?:)

I remember the thread sounding out his name

While analyzing the other 31's practice squads, I've come across 4 players whom I would sign immediately. Each is currently on the PS of the team that drafted them (3 from 2017, 1 from 2016):

Dorian Johnson - OG (Arizona)

Shilique Calhoun - DE/OLB (Oakland)

Elijah Lee - OLB (Minnesota)

Robert Davis (Washington)

List of current AFC team rosters - Wikipedia

List of current NFC team rosters - Wikipedia

The above would replace Adrian the Waddle, Jordan Richards, Elandon Roberts, and either Amendola (if he's thought to be better-served by being IRed), Brandon Bolden, or Cole Croston. Davis would not solve the WR-as-Punt-Returner problem (I don't know if there are any currently on PSs who would), and he did not play Division 1 or 1-AA at Georgia State, but he is a height/weight/speed prospect who could pay huge dividends a year from now. He also has NFL bloodlines (2nd cousin of Thomas Davis).

some interesting brekdowns by age, experience, body type..

Speaking of ruining the 2017 roster, the defense that Bill will be trotting out today is the worst it has been since SB46.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back