PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BU makes major breakthrough on detecting CTE in the living

What I wonder if they do make this breakthrough is what will the players reaction be? You may think that it will lead to immediate retirements, and it likely would, but do consider how many players either:

-Will refused to get tested.
-Understand that it's likely their only opportunity in life to make millions.
-Or just love the game too much and are willing to take later life risks for playing the game.

There are likely more that fall into these three categories than we think. And if many players aren't willing to take the risk, there are many that will be willing to take their place.

So maybe the dilemma the NFL would face is: do they completely ****ify the game to get players to stay? Or be willing to at least in the short term accept a dilution in talent?

Back when I used I hang out with The Funky Bunch.
First exposure to Southie was when i played in a NH- based AAU hoops in the late 80s and had a game in Southie once.

As a teen I thought I was a pretty tough kid then....

Wrong. That was a rough night.

They couldn't clean up Southie, so they pushed them out. Now all you see is yuppies.

They couldn't clean up Southie, so they pushed them out. Now all you see is yuppies.
A lot of parts of Providence are just the same, particularly the west end.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
If players are looking buy career insurance I bet the insurers would require a CTE test as part of the medical exam.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back