PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2021-2022

Don't look now. The bruins are playing good hockey. Ever since, Cassidy changed the lines up. And put pasta with hall on the second line. They are both scoring and the team is getting contributions from all four lines. They looked dead in the water back in mid December. Now they are beating some top teams.

About time that Butch broke up the "perfection" line... He should've done it years ago while they still had Krejci...

About time that Butch broke up the "perfection" line... He should've done it years ago while they still had Krejci...
Hall looks like a kid in a candy store, playing on the same line as pasta. I told you rask was coming back. I think it's stupid. The only thing they will accomplish is stunting swaymans growth by sending him down.

It's a slap in the face to all Bruins fans, really... Same as the Dead Sux bringing back Billy ****ner.

What a game that was today against the predators. it was like a playoff game. excellent win against a very good team.

Ullmark is racking up the wins.
14-5 overall
7-0 in January
11th in NHL in Goals Allowed/Game (2.55)
19th in Save% (.915)
0 Shutouts

His record is impressive
His stats.....not so much

It seems to me, the Bruins recent successes are more about Cassidy's line changes which clearly have invigorated Pastrnak (10 goals, 3 assists in Jan.) and Marchand (9 goals, 7 assist), and less about goal tending.

As a displaced MassHole who doesn't subscribe to ESPN+ nor NHLN ......I'm forming opinions almost entirely from box scores and highlight snippets....and Ullmark's box scores typically read: 3 goals given up

For those who watch the games regularly, what's the eye-test telling you about Ullmark?
Competent but not a difference maker?

14-5 overall
7-0 in January
19th in Save% (.915)
0 Shutouts

His record is impressive

It seems to me, the Bruins recent successes are more about Cassidy's line changes which clearly have invigorated Pastrnak (10 goals, 3 assists in Jan.) and Marchand (9 goals, 7 assist), and less about goal tending.

As a displaced MassHole who doesn't subscribe to ESPN+ nor NHLN ......I'm forming opinions almost entirely from box scores and highlight snippets....and Ullmark's box scores typically read: 3 goals given up

For those who watch the games regularly, what's the eye-test telling you about Ullmark?
Ullmark is good, not great. He's not any better than Swayman IMO. They should have kept Vladar and not signed Ullmark. And thumbs up for not having ESPN+. I don't either and I never will. Thankfully, ESPN+ only broadcasts 2 more bruins games this season against the blues and rangers in April. I don't know what happens come playoff time. I just double checked the schedule. The rangers game on April 23 is also on ABC.

Last edited:
Ullmark is good, not great. He's not any better than Swayman IMO. They should have kept Vladar and not signed Ullmark. And thumbs up for not having ESPN+. I don't either and I never will. Thankfully, ESPN+ only broadcasts 2 more bruins games this season against the blues and rangers in April. I don't know what happens come playoff time. I just double checked the schedule. The rangers game on April 23 is also on ABC.
I'm an entrenched ESPN hater......it feels good.
-------------------------------------
More B's
Simply based on recent production, Marchand looks to be more selfish (in a good way) looking to score first now that his marching orders aren't "feed Pasta". The little assassin is so freakin talented

The complete opposite is Hall who last year overcarried the puck and tried to score singlehandedly. Based on his January stats with Pasta as his line mate, Hall has a new 'dish-first' mind set and the results are impressive (3 goals, 9 assists).

This new 2 line production is what everyone has been waiting for for years.

I might have to start illegal streaming

I'm an entrenched ESPN hater......it feels good.
-------------------------------------
More B's
Simply based on recent production, Marchand looks to be more selfish (in a good way) looking to score first now that his marching orders aren't "feed Pasta". The little assassin is so freakin talented

The complete opposite is Hall who last year overcarried the puck and tried to score singlehandedly. Based on his January stats with Pasta as his line mate, Hall has a new 'dish-first' mind set and the results are impressive (3 goals, 9 assists).

This new 2 line production is what everyone has been waiting for for years.

I might have to start illegal streaming
I agree with all of the above. I hate ESPN with a passion. I'm assuming you don't live in the area and can't watch nesn. If that's the case, get fubo TV. they carry nesn. You will get 99 percent of the games on there. I think fubo is 5 a month. I don't have it. I'm an old fashion cable TV subscriber.

14-5 overall
7-0 in January
19th in Save% (.915)
0 Shutouts

His record is impressive

On 2 of the 3 goals he allowed vs the Caps, Ullmark went to his knees too early and left the top corners exposed. That's an easy tell vs teams with good shooters who can take advantage of those openings, i.e.: playoff teams...

Ullmark is good, not great. He's not any better than Swayman IMO. They should have kept Vladar and not signed Ullmark...

Yeah unfortunately the handwriting was on the wall for Vladar here when Butch inexplicably left him in the game when he allowed like 6 goals or something, the night before the trade deadline last year... Looks like he's doing fairly well for Calgary in limited action... Good for him.

Yeah unfortunately the handwriting was on the wall for Vladar here when Butch inexplicably left him in the game when he allowed like 6 goals or something, the night before the trade deadline last year... Looks like he's doing fairly well for Calgary in limited action... Good for him.
I think vladar was traded during the off season. Not before the deadline.

I agree with all of the above. I hate ESPN with a passion. I'm assuming you don't live in the area and can't watch nesn. If that's the case, get fubo TV. they carry nesn. You will get 99 percent of the games on there. I think fubo is 5 a month. I don't have it. I'm an old fashion cable TV subscriber.
I believe fubo's NESN availability is regional which is too bad.
I'm locked into an AT&T bundle (Direct TV Streaming) for a while, no complaints.
I consciously eliminated all the extra sports networks that I used to pay up for but rarely if ever watched (NHLN, MLBN, NBAN, GolfN, NFLN)
Plus I occasionally use an offshore (Sweden) sports streaming site that gets me any event in the world.
Its sketchy, takes a bit a maneuvering, and its probably infecting my laptop....but other than that......... :)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back