PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns interested in trade for Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather trade with SF49ers.... they have the #2 pick overall.

From there we trade back multiple times because we aren't desperate for that 1 big impact player like most teams are.

We go from 2 overall and trade back to #7 and get a couple extra picks... then we go from #7 to #12 and get a couple extra picks... then from #12 to #18 and get more picks....etc etc etc... BB will own the draft like none other.

That's it exactly.

As Jim Harbawl would cry, this is clearly deception.

BB, the media mastermind, is at it again. He's clearly leaking these rumours to scare Jimmy G into signing a below-market 5-year extension, or else he's getting traded to Cleveland as punishment. Brady's successor is now secured.

I like Jimmy G too much to have the Browns ruin him.

I think BB would get Jimmy's temperature about a trade to Cleveland before agreeing to deal him. He has too much respect for the kid not to.

Last edited:
gotta wonder if the collins trade was Bills way of saying "hey ill give you a taste of what a player from our development is like, both in the locker room and on the field. you guys need a qb, we have an extra one.. we dont need an answer today, but have a taste, think about it, and call us in the offseason"

Keep in mind that the currently unlikely scenario by most people is actually still possible . due to the same representation of TB and JG.

Convincing Garoppolo to bide his time waiting for Brady to retire would be a major coup by the Patriots. His representatives, Yee & Dubin Sports, already have an excellent rapport with the Patriots because of their representation of Brady. Garoppolo should have a good sense of Brady's plans because of their shared representation.

Here a nice comprehensive article on the topic:
Agent's Take: Will the Super Bowl be Jimmy Garoppolo's final game with the Patriots?

If the Pats want to be aggressive, how about packaging Garoppolo and a tackle, Solder or Vollmer, for the Browns' first (overall) and one of their second round picks (preferably the highest)? Belichick can parley that return into a half dozen picks trading down, or spend some high pick on a truly elite athletic talent. Would love to see him get the best tackle in the draft as a reward for Scar sticking around for next year...

I think BB would get Jimmy's pulse about a trade to Cleveland before agreeing to deal him. He has too much respect for the kid not to.

I honestly doubt it would matter as far BB is concerned. Its all about getting the most value for the trade. The Browns might want to reach out to Jimmy though and make sure they can lock him up.

I think BB would get Jimmy's pulse about a trade to Cleveland before agreeing to deal him. He has too much respect for the kid not to.
I suppose it's possible for that to be true if BB had 2 or more equivalent offers, but otherwise it's kind of irrelevant. If he's in on Brady playing for 3-5 more years, comfortable with Brissett as QB2, and presumably the kid wants to start somewhere if he's the type of competitor you want in a starting QB - then you take the best offer, period. Otherwise the only thing to take his pulse on is a short-term extension somewhere between low-end starter and backup money to keep waiting in the wings. His personal feelings about his destination are relevant only to the extent that what a team would be willing to give up for him is tied to whether they are able to sign him to a new deal.

As Jim Harbawl would cry, this is clearly deception.

BB, the media mastermind, is at it again. He's clearly leaking these rumours to scare Jimmy G into signing a below-market 5-year extension, or else he's getting traded to Cleveland as punishment. Brady's successor is now secured.

I wish I'd said that.

(In all fairness I bet three other people beat me to it.)

Bah... I hope Jimmy stays. I know everyone likes to think Brady will play to 50 but Father Time will come. And sooner rather than later.

Objective evidence says he is still an elite NFL QB as of this writing. Eventually he'll suck, but whether it's at 41 or 45 (or another age) is unknown.

An ancient Greek syllogism might cast light on this...

Socrates is a man.
Socrates is mortal.
I am a man.
Therefore, I am Socrates.

Wait that's not it....

It's all happening man would it be fun to have their eagles pick....Kinda forgotten what an interesting draft looks like

I'd rather trade with SF49ers.... they have the #2 pick overall.

From there we trade back multiple times because we aren't desperate for that 1 big impact player like most teams are.

We go from 2 overall and trade back to #7 and get a couple extra picks... then we go from #7 to #12 and get a couple extra picks... then from #12 to #18 and get more picks....etc etc etc... BB will own the draft like none other.

If bb ends up with the #2 or #1 overall pick, the rest of the nfl should be really worried about the next 3-4 years if brady lasts that long.

Jimmy deserves better.
Jimmy could refuse to sign an extension? But that would be risky financially. Maybe he could sign for like 2 years total at market yearly salary.

The tricky part for the Browns, if they perefer Watson, Trubisky, etc, they can't be sure they'll get him at #12 (and almost certainly won't use #1). If they like JG and could do something for him involving #12, it would be huge for them to be able to do it and be done, they'd have their guy. If they wait for the draft they could lose JG only to find the QB they wanted is gone in the top 11.
I want the number 1 overall. Franchise QB is the most important piece to maintained success in the NFL.

Im not one of the people who always want us to draft and sign these big name receivers, in-fact im usually against it, but I really hope we draft Corey Davis this year. That guy is gonna be special. Plus with Amendola likely gone (and getting older) and Edelman also getting older, it wouldnt hurt to add another young, very talented, non-diva receiver.

It's great for the Pats, but concerned JG could be going to a graveyard.

Jimmy G isn't exactly from Camelot (E. Illinois U.) so he should be happy to get a starting job in the NFL.

I don't know why some people are so anxious to trade the Pats' top picks away as part of a deal.

I would hate to see the Pats trade away Jimmy and their top two picks, in exchange for two higher picks in each round. On principle alone I want the Pats to keep their picks, plus the Pats could use help in multiple positions.

They already lost Collins, could lose Hightower and/or Bennett, not to mention OT, RB, and TE depth.

I want to see them get what they can get for Jimmy and keep their own picks.
>>They already lost Collins

They didn't "lose" Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents