PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos waive former Patriot TE AJ Derby

Not surprised at all. Cant block and a small catch radius are a very bad combination for a TE no matter how good his hands are.

IF Derby is an upgrade over Jacob Hollister I would claim him. Derby has other things going for him too...he knows Brady and our Offense.

Interestingly, the Broncos replace Derby on the roster by promoting TE Austin Traylor from their PS. Traylor was on the Pats' PS for awhile last November.

IF Derby is an upgrade over Jacob Hollister I would claim him. Derby has other things going for him too...he knows Brady and our Offense.

Derby apparently injured his shoulder against the Pats last week - left the field and was ruled out for the remainder of the game. He was also ruled out early for the Broncos game tomorrow v. Cinci, and was waived/injured.

Sounds like he may have a significant injury, so I'm kinda skeptical that he'd be any help to the Pats the rest of this season. He may "know the offense", but he's no Martysaurus.

Sorry:oops:thought it was one of those Marty things.:p

Derby apparently injured his shoulder against the Pats last week - left the field and was ruled out for the remainder of the game. He was also ruled out early for the Broncos game tomorrow v. Cinci, and was waived/injured.

Sounds like he may have a significant injury, so I'm kinda skeptical that he'd be any help to the Pats the rest of this season. He may "know the offense", but he's no Martysaurus.
Hell, what's prohibitive about another TE with a bad shoulder needing surgery?

What's the difference between waived/injured designation and straight to IR designation?

IIRC, after the trade deadline, ALL players must pass through waivers, even on their way to IR.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back