PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Name Osweiller as Starter

Yes, for the most part. But wasn't McClellin's fumble recovery deep in Pats red zone?
If that didn't happen, Denver probably still loses 16-10; but teams do play differently
in one-score games.

I think that was against the Dolphins. Ryan got a pick deep in the red zone in the Denver game, though, so the general point still stands.

Yes, for the most part. But wasn't McClellin's fumble recovery deep in Pats red zone?
If that didn't happen, Denver probably still loses 16-10; but teams do play differently
in one-score games.

Ryan got a pick in the RZ. Have you checked out Denver's RZ stats for 2016? They were more likely to turn the ball over than to score a TD. What happened on that play was the likely scenario. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary for Denver in 2016.

Worse? Based on the results thus far, yes. Significantly? I'm not as sure of that, yet.
I am sure, however, that I would love to see the donkeys' demise become real fact,
real soon.

They missed the postseason last season and are currently 3-4 with a loss to a 1-6 team on their own home field. Their demise became a reality long ago.

Two QBs that NE not only played last year, but dominated thoroughly.

Nothing to be concerned about.

Not concerned. Just annoyed as I was in 2015 when we didnt get to face Manning but Brock who had only limited gametape available. I rather play someone good where I understand the players limitations and strengths than someone unknown even if he sucks.

Not concerned. Just annoyed as I was in 2015 when we didnt get to face Manning but Brock who had only limited gametape available. I rather play someone good where I understand the players limitations and strengths than someone unknown even if he sucks.

NE is familiar with both QBs.

I'm concerned about this game. Not because Denver is a good team. They aren't. That offense is terrible. WRs and TEs drop the ball like it is their job. With all the injuries McDaniels can't finish in the Red Zone. And this defense is exactly the type that gives us fits. Denver has the Eagles tomorrow. Which means it would be a miracle if they did not go into the game against the Patriots at 3-5. Basically one loss from being knocked out of the playoffs again. One of two things will happen: Either they come in to that game demoralized by the hole they've dug for themselves and mail it in or they come in fired up and ready to save their season. The backs against the wall, more dangerous cliche. I think the Pats are the better team. But I think this is a tougher game than it looked like a few weeks ago. As bad as Brock is, Trevor is much worse. I watched the entire game last week. He was Tebow level awful. Terrible reads, terrible throws. Just putrid. Brock can only be an improvement. And he's gashed us before.

With their backs against the wall, battling for a playoff spot in 2016, the desperate Denver Broncos scored a grand total of 3 points on their own home field.

Gotta love some of these trolls who are entertaining the idea of a loss to a high school level football team.

With their backs against the wall, battling for a playoff spot in 2016, the desperate Denver Broncos scored a grand total of 3 points on their own home field.

Gotta love some of these trolls who are entertaining the idea of a loss to a high school level football team.

Great, another snowflake is so unhinged at the thought of someone having the audacity to disagree with them that they have to spew the T word in infantile frustration. Sigh. Whatever happened to presenting an actual argument?

It's pretty obvious you don't even know what a troll is. Or much about football. Yes, the mere thought of the Patriots losing to an elite defense in Denver is preposterous. LOL What a clown. You sound like a 10 year old.

Yes, his name was Jake Plummer and he handed TB12 his first playoff loss.

A freakish number of turnovers gave Brady his first loss. Plummer had nothing to do with it. They would have lost to anybody that day. Same as the playoff loss to the Jets.

I thought the thread title meant that the Broncos announced they are changing Brock Osweiler's nickname to Starter --- maybe even urging him to legally change his name to Starter Osweiler. The thought just did not enter my mind that the thread title meant the Broncos were actually making him starting QB of their games.
Don't I feel silly... :)

Dude, you can't even imagine how bad Trevor was last week at QB. It will easily go down as one of the top five ugliest performances by a starting QB for any team this year. Probably number one. Denver had no choice.

That Donks D will give the Iggles a tough time. The loss of Peters will enable their pass rush to get to Wentz. We have all seen teams play harder when they switch QBs. The return of Sanders will help the Donks offense as well. I think you will see improvement. They might still lose but I expect a close game.

Special teams are weak for the Donks. The Pats must win that battle next week like they did versus San Diego. I've seen so many awful losses here at Mile High that I am never confident with the exception of last year's team.

I would be shocked if the Broncos manage to lose by less than 10 points. Shocked.

Great, another snowflake is so unhinged at the thought of someone having the audacity to disagree with them that they have to spew the T word in infantile frustration. Sigh. Whatever happened to presenting an actual argument?

It's pretty obvious you don't even know what a troll is. Or much about football. Yes, the mere thought of the Patriots losing to an elite defense in Denver is preposterous. LOL What a clown. You sound like a 10 year old.

How are they going to score any points?

And why didn't their desperation help them in last year's meeting?

Last edited by a moderator:
How are they going to score any points?

And why didn't their desperation help them in last year's meeting?

Well we gotta hope our secondary will be up to the task. Let's not forget that McCown looked like a stud.

Well we gotta hope our secondary will be up to the task. Let's not forget that McCown looked like a stud.

17 points scored made their QB look like a stud? McCown is infinitely better than both Siemian and Brock combined, and the Jets always play NE tough.

The secondary will likely get Gilmore, and possibly Rowe, back by then. Cover 2 most of the day (just as last year vs Denver and vs Brock in the first meeting against Houston when they shut him out) in order to contain DT and Sanders, and they won't be able to do a single thing on offense. The only way they score is if their kicker manages to kick a 65 yard FG or something. If that happens, then I will tip my hat to them for getting on the scoreboard. But other than that, they've got no chance to score any points.

That game just might have been the angriest I have ever been at the Refs.

I was livid that day.:mad:
This one doesn't show the non-call in the 2nd quarter, but it does show a couple of other grotesquely criminal calls against the Pats in the 4th quarter:

CVGSMJ3UwAA3YK4.jpg

Every time I hear his name I think of the B-52's song Rock Lobster.

That game just might have been the angriest I have ever been at the Refs.

I was livid that day.:mad:

That was the first and probably the only time I thought the refs were paid. Some of the calls and non calls were absolutely ********.

Even the SI cover couldn't capture a cover shot without cheating. :eek:

upload_2017-11-4_17-35-40.png

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you that it’s an example of them having their backs to the wall and failing, but past season results from 2016 have zero bearing on the current situation.

I haven’t seen anyone really suggesting that they’ll necessarily lose, only that they’re expecting a tough matchup. It certainly doesn’t make anyone a “troll,” which I believe is someone who posts nonsensical ******** only to get a rise out of others.

Edit: nevermind. Saw some of the other comments in different threads. I can see why you’d throw that out there.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back