PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Name Osweiller as Starter

No team ever dorsnt show up (at least until week 17) and every team gives it there all. Being a trigger opponent because they lose a lot is silly.

We’ll see. The broncos have talent though. They are not the browns or 49ers, and I think they’ll play better than their record (should be 3-5 by the time NE faces them) would suggest. I really do hope NE blows them out, however.

They didn’t give up much on defense. Brady was 50% in completions and the team could only muster 16 points. A 16-3 victory is just a two score game.

LOL only a two score game!

They scored 3 points at home. The game was never in doubt.

The entire gameplan on offense was to control the clock and manage the game, not to put up 30 points. They did so by attacking their biggest weakness - their run defense. They knew that as long as they made no mistakes, at least 10 points on offense would be more than sufficient.

They didn’t give up much on defense. Brady was 50% in completions and the team could only muster 16 points. A 16-3 victory is just a two score game.
Also you realize we only scored 16 BECAUSE they only scored 3 right? We ran 36 times because we had a comfortable lead.

And we also ran on 4th and 3 at their 26 with 2 minutes left because the game was over.

And they are a .500 team the last 2 years so how is 6-6 much worse?

No you were trying to make the point that losing 4 straight makes them a tough opponnent.

Question: if they beat the Eagles 40-0 does that improve our chances because they won’t be desperate?

I am making two points. First, the broncos are not good on the road as their road record going back to last year suggests. Second, yes, I believe a talented team with a poor record can show desperation. That’s all, I’m not suggesting that NE will lose to Denver.

We’ll see. The broncos have talent though. They are not the browns or 49ers, and I think they’ll play better than their record (should be 3-5 by the time NE faces them) would suggest. I really do hope NE blows them out, however.
You seem to think a closer win is different than a blowout win.
No they are not 0-8. Not sure how you think a team that loses at home to the giants and gets shut out by sd and has scored 61 points in 5 weeks is better that 3-4 (they have only played 3 teams with winning records btw)
but something very strange is going to have to happen for that team to beat the patriots and it certainly isn’t bevause losing 4 in a row makes you better.

I am making two points. First, the broncos are not good on the road as their road record going back to last year suggests. Second, yes, I believe a talented team with a poor record can show desperation. That’s all, I’m not suggesting that NE will lose to Denver.
They are 12-11 the last 2 years. 6-6 on th road and 6-5 at home is a good toad team that sucks at home.
If they were desperate they wouldn’t have lost 4 in a row.

Just look at other factors and I think it tells you about Osweiler

Look at how good Watson is playing in that same offense and then you have the Browns who decided to pay him $16m to go away. I mean I know the Browns are historically dumb but if they are paying you $16m to go away when the competition was a rookie who keeps getting benched it speaks volumes.

I think you are probably right. Most likely scenario: he is quite bad, and the fact that he is their best chance to win this weekend is a terrible sign for Denver.

However, I think there is still reason to take a sample of the Brock Lobster special this weekend:

On Houston:

Watson seems like a special player; he is succeeding with terrible O-line play because he is able to scramble while still keeping his eyes down field. No sure how many QBs could step in and succeed like Watson has. O'brien had multiple failed QB experiments before finding Watson. Watson also ran a no huddle route concept based offense in Clemson, that might have primed to play in a EP system. It is not clear that Brock's transition would have been so smooth.

On Cleveland:

I am not sure how much we information we can gather from the Cleveland salary dump trade. For one thing, the Brown's ability to evaluate talent is deeply suspect (lol Browns, etc.). But the reasons are deeper than just that:

1. The entire Brock trade was about eating his salary for draft picks. Immediately after the trade their were reports they were trying to flip Brock for another pick and eat part of his salary. I am not convinced they deeply evaluated him in the first place. Was Brock given enough time to learn their offense? Was he dismissed sole because of mechanical issues? Who knows.

2. The Browns claim to be fully committed into a long term rebuild. Cutting Brock saved them Cap room for the next two years. Only the first year was guaranteed. Keeping an only average QB for a one year deal, or for multiple years on a big contract does nothing for their rebuild. Cutting Brock was logical in this scenario, even if they thought he was the best QB right then. All of the Browns moves point toward giving their rookie playing time to develop.

--------

Now again, I agree with you based on what we know now. Brock is probably just bad. Occam's razor. But we are about to get a few more Brock data points. If he does decently well, then we should consider these other reasons that Brock failed. To me, Brock's Houston fiasco might speak to the transition from non-EP to EP style offensives.

I just hate when teams start to mess with their QBs before our games against them because this means the coaching staff has to create two gameplans. If Brock ****s it up even more this week then we might end up facing TS afterall.

I just hate when teams start to mess with their QBs before our games against them because this means the coaching staff has to create two gameplans. If Brock ****s it up even more this week then we might end up facing TS afterall.

Two QBs that NE not only played last year, but dominated thoroughly.

Nothing to be concerned about.

Two QBs that NE not only played last year, but dominated thoroughly.

Nothing to be concerned about.

Then add in it's Mike McCoy's offense who they likely have a book on and I'm sure McDaniels helps with that as McCoy was McDaniels' OC when he was in Denver.

CVGSMJ3UwAA3YK4.jpg

The 16-3 win was brilliant. They played the Broncos exactly how you should. Don't turn the damn ball over and they won't score.

Can anyone remind me how many points Denver scored in last year's meeting, in Denver no less, with both DT and Sanders in the game?
We had a better team last year.

That Donks D will give the Iggles a tough time. The loss of Peters will enable their pass rush to get to Wentz. We have all seen teams play harder when they switch QBs. The return of Sanders will help the Donks offense as well. I think you will see improvement. They might still lose but I expect a close game.

Special teams are weak for the Donks. The Pats must win that battle next week like they did versus San Diego. I've seen so many awful losses here at Mile High that I am never confident with the exception of last year's team.

The 16-3 win in Denver was one of the most dominating games I've seen from this team in the last half decade.

Two score game? Sure, but it would have taken them another 120 minutes to score twice. We controlled the entire game.

Denver has a significantly worse team this year.
Worse? Based on the results thus far, yes. Significantly? I'm not as sure of that, yet.
I am sure, however, that I would love to see the donkeys' demise become real fact,
real soon.

Last edited:
The 16-3 win in Denver was one of the most dominating games I've seen from this team in the last half decade.

Two score game? Sure, but it would have taken them another 120 minutes to score twice. We controlled the entire game.
Yes, for the most part. But wasn't McClellin's fumble recovery deep in Pats red zone?
If that didn't happen, Denver probably still loses 16-10; but teams do play differently
in one-score games.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back