PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos: Easiest path to the #1 seed ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah brady sure has had it easy. imagine if he'd played his whole career with scrubs like marvin harrsion, reggie wayne and dallas clark.

Reggie Wayne's done nothing without Peyton Manning! /Dumbass Broncos fan

Manning has gloves now too??? They didn't tell us that!

RecheSurprised.jpg

This is one of many HOF receivers that Brady had the pleasure to play with.

Manning on the other hand never ever played with anyone good. Ever. :rolleyes:

They didnt. They let him go 5 for 42, he had 2 big catches against our BACKUPS in the 4th when denver was up 31-3.

more trolling lies by these idiots..

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55714/BAL_Gamebook.pdf

Third Quarter 12/16/2012
Baltimore Ravens at 0:48
1-10-DEN 36 :)48) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Rice left guard to DEN 34 for 2 yards (W.Woodyard).

Play By Play Fourth Quarter 12/16/2012
Baltimore Ravens continued.
3-5-DEN 31 (15:00) (Shotgun) J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to R.Rice.
PENALTY on DEN-D.Bruton, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at DEN 31 - No Play. X10
1-10-DEN 16 (14:56) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Flacco pass incomplete short left [V.Miller].
PENALTY on BLT-A.Boldin, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at DEN 16. QB outside the tackle box threw the ball away
(14:47) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Flacco pass deep middle to D.Pitta for 31 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
The Replay Assistant challenged the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was Upheld.
2-25-DEN 31 P11
J.Tucker extra point is GOOD, Center-M.Cox, Holder-S.Koch.
DEN 31 BLT 10, 4 plays, 36 yards, 1 penalty, 1:17 drive, 0:29 elapsed

the only "backups" Denver played were nickel backs in their pass defense packages.
ban these idiots until they make the AFC championship game and the Pats do likewise....or else these little orange pom pom waving girls will continue their campaign of outright lies and and bigmouthed bragging.

This really gets me mad :mad:.

First.. have you seen the receivers and TE's and RB's Brady had until 2007? The famous AFCCG when manning finally beat brady can you name brady's WR's ?
They let deion branch go that season so he had , reche caldwell,jabaar gaffeny and doug gabriel as his receivers.
Manning with the colts ALWAYS had #1 WR and TE and RBs. Thats the reason their Defense sucked and ST sucked because they never had any money for those areas.
And whats more, almost all of manning's playoff losses are because the colts offense wet the bed ,not because of his defense. They scored 3!!! pts vs the pats missing all their secondary in foxboro.
This whole system QB is whole lot of bull**** because we see manning moving around like a chicken calling plays at LOC and brady not doing it so he must be in a system. Guess what, montana was in the bill walsh system and bradshaw was in the chuck knoll system and even Manning runs the colts system. Tell me which QB doesnt have a system ? Mark sanchez maybe ?
And here is more. Look at the pats offense from 2003 till now.
Run the ball and play defense -no problem, brady does.
Trade your #1 WR to seattle and have a bunch of scrub WR's on your team and throw it to the open guy -brady did it in 2006.
Scrap the whole offense and bring a spread/shotgun offense with moss and welker -brady did it.
Let moss go in the MIDDLE OF THE SEASON!! and turn to short passing game - brady did it.
Bring in two tightends and change the offense again - brady did it .
All this with ever changing OC's !
And to address the matt cassel thing.Ironically the thread title does that. We played the AFC west and NFC west that year. Two of the worst conf that season.
So all due respect please shut the hell up about this theory of system qb and great talent he has had. Just go back in history and check the facts. If anything, he has not played in the same system for more than 1 or 2 seasons at all.

I appreciate your statistics, and you are correct in your assumption that Brady is a great QB. However, your statistics tend to point towards the idea that Brady is reliant upon his team. You say that in 2006 and 07 Brady didn't have houshold names at the WR position which is true. But perhaps this is why Brady failed to win the big game. He couldn't do it alone on offense. He couldn't take the unproven roster he had and make something of it. In fact, maybe the only reason they were reasonably successful is because of the defensive performances in those years where NE had the # 6 and #4 defenses respectively.

Brady plays in the greatest system of all-time. He's a great quarterback, he throws the ball well, has poise and accuracy, and has had plenty of success.
But...
Ultimately, he is somewhat a puppet of BB, plays consistantly with some of the best recievers in the game. Has AMAZING TE's to dump it off to if all else fails, yet does little to direct or lead his team. In his case, that's the coaches job. There is a reason Matt Cassell looked all pro on a stacked team and that is ANY competent QB can play like a hall of famer on that team.
Whereas...
Manning has played on 2 teams with what started out as unproven teammates, especially at the WR position, and MADE them into household names with HIS system. His offense has always been prolific despite major roster changes and changing teams and he would have been more successful in the past if it werent for some really bad Colts defenses.
Alas,
Most of the knocks against Brady arent his fault, but certainly deminish the argument for him being in the GOAT conversation.

Brady is the best ever, does everything you need in a all time QB and has 3 (4th coming in a little over 30 days) SB to back him up. Brady is the best in the game today and arguable best to ever play the game. And PS, all had great receivers and a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the site?

Broncos Football

I ask because there is a thread referencing this thread on that message board, along with three other Pats-centric threads on the first page alone, including a discussion of how they can stop Gronk and Hernandez.

Where is our thread on how the Pats can stop the Broncos threats?

Oh, there isn't one, because the Pats are only concerned with the next opponent.....

But the Broncos aren't worried about the Pats......

:rolleyes:

Ooops! Correction, FOUR other Pats-centric threads.

It wasn't obvious from the thread title.

remember this classless act....

If you think that site is bad, you should see Orangemane.

Not dumb nor trolling. Although I am kind of lackadaisically expressing opinions because I'm bored. Don't get me wrong, I think Brady is good and works well for you all, but he's had it comparatively easier than great QB's like Manning, Marino, and Montana. Plus his name doesnt start with an "M" like the great ones.

It really depends what you're talking about. If you are talking about which players have had the best supporting casts, including coaching, offense, and defense, the list goes like this:

1. Montana
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Marino

Montana had his Belichick in Bill Walsh, along with the most underrated defense in NFL history. The Niners were always in the top-3 on defense with guys like Ronnie Lott and other HoFamers. They also had insane talent on offense at nearly every position. Brady also has had the benefit of amazing coaching and the best organization in sports; the Pats are second to none in talent evaluation, coaching, gameplanning, etc. Manning's Colts were not among the best in providing him with help, but they weren't chopped liver, either. Bill Polian is one of the best GMs in the last 20 years, and Tony Dungy had a lot of success in TB before coming to Indy.

If we just break down the offensive support, I'd rank them like this:

1. Montana
2. Manning
3. Marino
4. Brady

I already mentioned Montana's help on offense, which was far and away the best supporting cast in the NFL. Manning has been blessed with some awesome drafting as well. In Indy, Harrison and Wayne are likely Hall of Famers, he had a good offensive line, and he also had periods where he had guys like Marshall Faulk and Edgerrin James. You are fooling yourself if you think Manning walked into a dismal situation in Denver. He had lots of options and chose the best team. Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are very good, or else he would have gone elsewhere. He has a 2-4 year window and knows as much about football as anyone in the league. You really think he went to a crappy team and made garbage players into superstars? He went to a good offense and brought out their potential. Not to belittle anything he's done this season, but don't buy into the media's story because when you think about it, it's quite far-fetched.

Brady played for the first seven years of his career with no notable playmakers, and although today's team is extremely solid, he's taken a very good supporting cast and turned them into the most consistently productive offense in NFL history. I don't think anyone can argue that overall Brady has had a better group of players than Manning. He has certainly closed the gap beginning with the 2007 transactions, but Manning has not gone into a season without having at least two very good WRs.

I appreciate your statistics, and you are correct in your assumption that Brady is a great QB. However, your statistics tend to point towards the idea that Brady is reliant upon his team. You say that in 2006 and 07 Brady didn't have houshold names at the WR position which is true. But perhaps this is why Brady failed to win the big game. He couldn't do it alone on offense. He couldn't take the unproven roster he had and make something of it. In fact, maybe the only reason they were reasonably successful is because of the defensive performances in those years where NE had the # 6 and #4 defenses respectively.

I'll let someone else eviscerate this post, I'll just request that this poster check out the Pats roster when Brady led the Pats to their first Superbowl win in 2001.

This is clueless beyond belief.

:confused:

This clown's posts are getting stupider by the minute. Deputize me, and I'll use my powers only for the good of clearing out the Broncos trolls (I'd suggest deputizing Joker, but you never know where he'll stop with the bans once he gets on a roll).

Last edited:

Blatant trolling or Downs.

more trolling lies by these idiots..

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55714/BAL_Gamebook.pdf

Third Quarter 12/16/2012
Baltimore Ravens at 0:48
1-10-DEN 36 :)48) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Rice left guard to DEN 34 for 2 yards (W.Woodyard).

Play By Play Fourth Quarter 12/16/2012
Baltimore Ravens continued.
3-5-DEN 31 (15:00) (Shotgun) J.Flacco pass incomplete short right to R.Rice.
PENALTY on DEN-D.Bruton, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at DEN 31 - No Play. X10
1-10-DEN 16 (14:56) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Flacco pass incomplete short left [V.Miller].
PENALTY on BLT-A.Boldin, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at DEN 16. QB outside the tackle box threw the ball away
(14:47) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Flacco pass deep middle to D.Pitta for 31 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
The Replay Assistant challenged the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was Upheld.
2-25-DEN 31 P11
J.Tucker extra point is GOOD, Center-M.Cox, Holder-S.Koch.
DEN 31 BLT 10, 4 plays, 36 yards, 1 penalty, 1:17 drive, 0:29 elapsed

the only "backups" Denver played were nickel backs in their pass defense packages.
ban these idiots until they make the AFC championship game and the Pats do likewise....or else these little orange pom pom waving girls will continue their campaign of outright lies and and bigmouthed bragging.

You sight 2 irrelevant plays in the 3rd and beginning of the 4th quarter that had starters in. Congrats, but the plays where Pitta gained 61 yrds, the defenders were Boldin and Tony Carter, both back up Corners. AND the LB was Trev whose a back up/ Nickel LB.

the receiving core of the 2006 patriots was worse than any current team and it wasn't that much better the previous years. manning was treated like a king. 2 hall of fame wrs, a great tight end and a pretty good rb. all he has to show for it is a 9-10 record in the playoffs.

This clown's posts are getting stupider by the minute. Deputize me, and I'll use my powers only for the good of clearing out the Broncos trolls (I'd suggest deputizing Joker, but you never know where he'll stop with the bans once he gets on a roll).

I really am not trolling. I don't know why my points aren't valid and havent been told why they aren't. All i hear is complaining for you guys about how I have an opinion that differs from yours and therefor must be stupid and as a result should be banned. I don't think that's fair.

I really am not trolling. I don't know why my points aren't valid and havent been told why they aren't. All i hear is complaining for you guys about how I have an opinion that differs from yours and therefor must be stupid and as a result should be banned. I don't think that's fair.

No, you really are trolling. You know it. It would be fine if this were Broncos v. Patriots week. It's not. You need to be banned for about 14 days.

You sight 2 irrelevant plays in the 3rd and beginning of the 4th quarter that had starters in. Congrats, but the plays where Pitta gained 61 yrds, the defenders were Boldin and Tony Carter, both back up Corners. AND the LB was Trev whose a back up/ Nickel LB.

I "sight"?...right...YOU should be cited for posting while mongoloid.

Boldin and Carter played in the 1st half also....guess the Broncos were playing their "backups" as early as the 1st quarter.

So, your starting linebackers were in for insignificant plays in the 3rd and 4th quarter??? Why??...and then why were they in for more insignificant plays with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter?...oh wait...the Denver defense is insignificant then?? If you say so,Icepick-Stuck-In-Forebrain.

Last edited:

and which big game manning won without relying on his team and which unproven roster has manning had which he took to the SB and won ? what load of BS is this ? When manning loses its because his team doesnt help him on defense and ST but when brady loses its because he cant without help of his team ? Same sentence conveniently said a different way . And tell me which big game manning even lost with scrub WR let alone make it. They score 3 pts vs pats, lost to Pitt at home 24-21 being #1 seed , lost 42-0 to the jets. What did he do himself in those games which his team didnt ? Even the SB he wont because of his RB's and defense. He did nothing much there.
I have a lot of respect for manning and frankly would much like to avoid facing him the playoffs but you come here and trash brady like he is worse than trent dilfer who had teamates help and great offenses its a load of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe