PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos: Easiest path to the #1 seed ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be being blasphemous to my fellow fanbase, but I dont think Elway way top 3. I put him at 4. But I dont put Brady in the top 8.

I'm happy to take a bite out of this bait.....

So Brady isn't among the top 8 QBs of all time? I'd love to hear a well-reasoned, objective argument for this position. Please list your top 10 QBs of all time, and give your criteria by which you make your judgments. I'm very open to hearing a good case made for this.

I really am not trolling. I don't know why my points aren't valid and havent been told why they aren't. All i hear is complaining for you guys about how I have an opinion that differs from yours and therefor must be stupid and as a result should be banned. I don't think that's fair.

You have been clearly told why its not valid and yet you fail to see it.

I really am not trolling. I don't know why my points aren't valid and havent been told why they aren't. All i hear is complaining for you guys about how I have an opinion that differs from yours and therefor must be stupid and as a result should be banned. I don't think that's fair.
A different opinion doesn't equate to it being a stupid one. A stupid opinion (such as those you are putting forward) equate to being stupid.

It's black and white trolling.

the receiving core of the 2006 patriots was worse than any current team and it wasn't that much better the previous years. manning was treated like a king. 2 hall of fame wrs, a great tight end and a pretty good rb. all he has to show for it is a 9-10 record in the playoffs.

Weird how great QB's have recievers that end up catching a lot of passes and end up in the hall of fame discussion. Kinda like Montana/Young (Rice), Manning (Wayne/Harrison), Elway (Smith), etc.

Also weird how when Brady has had top recievers/ TE's show up on his roster he has had success and when he hasnt he doesnt. He cant elevate the play of others. Whereas Manning turned 4 previously unknown recievers (Wayne, Harrison, Thomas, Decker) into household names AND turned an ancient slot WR that was cut by the patriot's after almost NO production and turns him into a top slot receiver. (Stokely)

Here is the Pats roster for 2001 when they beat the high-powered Rams, otherwise known as the Greatest Show on Turf, which had notable offensive performers Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, and Torry Holt.

Brady's receivers were

WR - Troy Brown, David Patton, and Charles Johnson

TE - Rod Rutledge and Jermaine Wiggins

RBs - Antowain Smith, Kevin Faulk, JR Redmond, and Kevin Faulk

Future HOFers right?

See for yourself:

2001 New England Patriots Statistics & Players - Pro-Football-Reference.com

And when you see the name Terry Glenn at WR, just remember that BB suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team, he didn't play and he didn't even get a SB ring.

Last edited:
Weird how great QB's have recievers that end up catching a lot of passes and end up in the hall of fame discussion. Kinda like Montana/Young (Rice), Manning (Wayne/Harrison), Elway (Smith), etc.

Also weird how when Brady has had top recievers/ TE's show up on his roster he has had success and when he hasnt he doesnt. He cant elevate the play of others. Whereas Manning turned 4 previously unknown recievers (Wayne, Harrison, Thomas, Decker) into household names AND turned an ancient slot WR that was cut by the patriot's after almost NO production and turns him into a top slot receiver. (Stokely)

Stokely was cut by the pats ? Wayne and harrison became house hold names because of manning ? Wayne sure is crapping it up with a rookie QB in indy. So wes welker and reche caldwell and troy brown and david patten made brady better but manning made Reggie wayne a HOFer. :bricks:

even manning himself would laugh at this. this is what you get from manning fan boys. no facts.

Last edited:

Did I miss something?? This is JI level stuff right here.

Last edited:
This is circular logic, to answer this comment I'll refer you back to broncosgc's comment:

and add this... The Pat's didnt pull their starters in the 4th vs the Broncos. They never do, they are known running up the score for a reason.

43 - 24
45 - 21
51 - 24
41 - 10
44 - 20
38 - 15
49 - 10
41 - 10
41 - 9 ......:singing: .............and so on......and so on......and so on......

And weird how Dallas Clark in 2010 and Edgerrin James in 2001 go down with injuries and Peyton and the Colts suck rotten eggs.

And weird how Reggie Wayne has 1300 yards this year and Pierre Garcon is as good or better with Manning than without him.

And Weird how Demaryius Thomas had 200 receiving yards in a playoff game with Tim TeBlow as quarterback.

You couldn't be any more wrong, and this is why people think you're an idiot.

Wayne, Harrison, and Thomas were all first-round draft picks. But I guess they were "unknown". So were Faulk, James, Clark, McGahee, and Moreno.

With the exception or Randy Moss, Brady has not had an offense in which a first round pick OR a player with any success elsewhere was a major component. Welker, T Brown, Branch... Gronk and Hernandez were much less known coming out of the draft than Manning's weapons.

I've been sticking up for Manning/Broncos on this board and pointing out they are both amazing quarterbacks while suggesting Manning is not the postseason choker he is painted to be, and then you come along with a statement so stupid and merit-less that you make me look bad. In the words of Andy Dufrense, how can you be so obtuse?

When has Brady not had success?
Why is Brady dimisnished for making his receviers productive, but Manning given credit?

The bottom line is there really isn't a single metric that you can find that has Manning ahead of Brady.

Did I miss something??
Stokley's performed just above his average career seasonal performance this season with the Broncos. That's cutting edge rhetoric.

I get the feeling Patsfans has been infiltrated by butthurt Jets fans masquerading as opposition fans. If these recent joins are indeed Broncos fans, I feel sorry for future Broncos fans who are going to come here to debate football on its merit.

Last edited:
Heh...I get it...ANY player ever cut in the AFC East that ended up playing in Indy is "The Patriots are stupid and Brady saucks!!!"...I've referred to the terrible, smokable methamphetamine epidemic that has been ravishing the midwest for a decade...HERE is a prime example...this idiot needs a strait jacket and a full year in detox.

do any of you broncos fans realize that, last time, the patriots were leading the broncos 31-7 with 2 minutes left to go in the third quarter? I'm not saying the same thing is going to happen, because the broncos look like they are playing better as are the patriots. However, some of you broncos fans act like you're going to use the patriots as a doormat in a couple of weeks.

I've been sticking up for Manning/Broncos on this board and pointing out they are both amazing quarterbacks while suggesting Manning is not the postseason choker he is painted to be, and then you come along with a statement so stupid and merit-less that you make me look bad. In the words of Andy Dufrense, how can you be so obtuse?

he's THIS moron, Ice....

hadley.jpg

Troll exposure.
You call yourself a Bronco fan and don't know Stokely was never a Patriot and attribute Rod Smith's career to Elway who he played a small part of his career with.:rolleyes:

Um, three first-round picks there. And Thomas and Decker did pretty well last year catching passes from Tim Tebow.

You're chasing your tail now.

Last edited:

he's THIS moron, Ice....

hadley.jpg

lol... Hadley lives!

Troll exposure.
You call yourself a Bronco fan and don't know Stokely was never a Patriot and attribute Rod Smith's career to Elway who he played a small part of his career with.:rolleyes:

I think he's confusing Stokley with Anthony Gonzalez, who did nothing in either Indy or NE's training camp. Either way, the delicious irony is that the Patriots wouldn't want Stokley because Brady transformed Welker, a no-name never-was from the Dolphins, into the best slot receiver of all-time, while Manning has done nothing notable with Stokley, unless you consider 40-50 catches for 400-500 yards each season to be some kind of major feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST