PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BREAKING: Patriots face Raiders in Mexico City in 2017 for Monday Night Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it be in the same stadium that Oakland-Houston was played at? That area has some serious health hazards that should be looked at. If you have time, I suggest you look up the conditions of Azteca Stadium.

The NFL sees dollar signs. They block out all the health hazards, inconveniences and assorted other problems.

Yes fifa had to make a rule banning pointers from stadiums. It may sound like a stupid worry but they can do serious eye damage...not to mention the obvious competitive disadvantages!
I saw it with Brock Osweiler a month or so ago, but it was just the picture with no sound, so I couldn't hear the commentary.

• Bring your own food
  • Bring your own water
  • Don't take taxis
  • Stay in the hotel
  • Leave the hookers and drugs alone

No problem!
Don't forget these:

Laser blocking sunglasses.jpg

Laser Blocking Sunglasses.

They'll probably schedule them in London on the following Sunday for "competitive balance".

On the other hand...

- Mexico City is on Central Time, just a 1-hour shift compared to 3 hours in Oakland.
- A strong Raiders team just lost its home-field advantage against the Pats.

IMO it's Oakland fans who should be really fuming about this.

On the other hand...

- Mexico City is on Central Time, just a 1-hour shift compared to 3 hours in Oakland.

Claro que si!

I've been there many times. Don't drink the water (I would not even accept bottled water at an hotel or restaurant if the seal wasn't intact when it was brought to my table.) Get used to having your drinks without ice and don't eat uncooked vegetables even at the best hotels, etc., etc., etc. I even skipped coffee with my breakfast in favor of bottled Coca Cola (unopened, of course). Never got sick.

However, the altitude of Mexico City is 2,000 feet higher than Denver. Those 2,000 feet make a big difference. Teams should plan to arrive on Thursday for a Sunday game to adapt. Ideally, they should train at altitude the week before.

The air pollution is unimaginable if you have never experienced it because the location of Mexico City can trap industrial and vehicular pollutants for days. Every player should have an oxygen tank on the sidelines and they might want to think about bringing hand-held oxygen tanks onto the field during time outs along with the water bottles.

Will the floodlights be fixed.

Not sure if the Raiders will be in Vegas next year. But if not, this sucks for me, I live ten miles from the Oakland stadium and was looking forward to a rare chance to see the Pats visit out here! Oh well.

On the other hand...

I agree. Why should I get hot and bothered over where my team's away games are played? Considering travel time and time zone issues, I would even say I prefer they play in D.F. over London.

Thats a break for us imo, a road game becomes neutral. Maybe even better because pats are quite popular overseas.

Thats a break for us imo, a road game becomes neutral. Maybe even better because pats are quite popular overseas.
There will be a lot of Patriots fans there, you can count on it. Hopefully they beat the living **** out of anyone who pulls out a laser pointer....

Changing my name to 'Laser Pointer Fetish Guy'

On the other hand...

Also Los Patriotos are the 3rd most popular team in mexico, after Oakland and Dallas. There will be a ton of Pats fans there and many of them will be native mexicans.

Oakland won't have a real home figured out next year so they might as well give up a game now.

Also hoping the Raiders sign Michael Vick before the game so he can wear his Ron Mexico jersey for the game.

On the other hand...

air miles Foxboro to Mexico City--2269
air miles Foxboro to Oakland --2682

Isn't the altitude about 8000 feet? Denver plus 3K feet.

GD it! Would have been the Pats' last visit to Oakland before moving to Vegas or wherever. Guess I'll wait 8 years until they return to play the 49ers...if they are still here.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk