PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes suspended for banned substance for 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right? People are funny. The medication exists to ENHANCE PEOPLES FOCUS AND CONCENTRATION. It doesn't build muscle but depending on the cirumstances where he was using it, Aderall can definitely enhance performance.

I still think he was sniffing it with a lady friend.

Yeah, if you're studying. Not if you're on a football field. The only thing that it could have done for him on the field of play was give him a bit more energy and increase his heartbeat. Trust me, I was prescribed Adderall in high school and take it regularly when studying for tests nowadays. The only time that Adderall is a performance enhancer is when you're sitting at a desk and trying to get work done. I've played sports after studying on it. It's effect wears off substantially when you're running around.

Yeah, as in more than 1 milligram.
I'm going to give you a clue because i'm tired of reading this stuff. I was DX with sever ADD in 1975, ive been taking Adderal or or something similar for the most part of 35 years. Its like putting on a pair of glasses. It takes and excessive amount (more like ten or twenty, thirty milligrams taken at once) to have the effect your taking about. It doesn't make you faster, but an excessive amount may give you more stamina. To Spikes and me it allows us to concentrate like someone like yourself, thats all. Also people with ADD don't view things the same way as the average person, what you might consider dangerous or negligent we don't. Spikes prolly thought it was perfectly fine, not to say anything. It may not have occurred to him that he need the team DR's permission.

Last edited:
Could we all admit that, Adderall, when taken for ADHD is NOT a PED??

Could we also all admit that Spikes is human??

And, lastly, Could we all admit that humans make mistakes?

He is either incredibly dumb or he is a drugs cheat.

No.. What you have is a problem thinking logically. In your world, 1+1 = 74839

All I said is that Spikes is HUMAN and he made a mistake. You blathered on about how it was unacceptable and such. You are the one who spewed garbage and acted like he should be held to some higher standard than being HUMAN.

BTW, I've learned long ago that people who spout off about how "successful" they are and such, typically aren't. They typically are hyping themselves. Particularly when they take the arrogant, holier than thou attitude as you have done.
Who are you? Some internet hero know it all who thrives on attempting to gain oneupmanship through the power of Google search. Piss off back to being a nobody would you.

I know what I wrote because I have to adhere to stricter standards than Brandon Spikes with greater implications than a 4 game suspension for making a mistake. Stop misrepresenting posting to big note yourself.

Last edited:
So do we think this is the end of the road for Spikes in New England?

So do we think this is the end of the road for Spikes in New England?
Why are you so against Brandon Spikes? And no, it isn't the end of Brandon Spikes at the Patriots IMO.

Breaking News! The NFL bans vitamin B, caffeine, vitamin C and vitamin D, along with certain genes that assist in athletic performance.

Here's a decent, balanced article on the subject. For people without ADHD there can be significant benefit to using adderall. I don't know if Spikes has ADHD, but I think that if he does, he would have talked about it at the combine and that teams, including the Patriots, would have known and approached the league about the situation.

The New Performance Enhancing Drugs Neuroanthropology

I'm going to give you a clue because i'm tired of reading this stuff. I was DX with sever ADD in 1975, ive been taking Adderal or or something similar for the most part of 35 years. Its like putting on a pair of glasses. It takes and excessive amount (more like ten or twenty, thirty milligrams taken at once) to have the effect your taking about. It doesn't make you faster, but an excessive amount may give you more stamina. To Spikes and me it allows us to concentrate like someone like yourself, thats all. Also people with ADD don't view things the same way as the average person, what you might consider dangerous or negligent we don't. Spikes prolly thought it was perfectly fine, not to say anything. It may not have occurred to him that he need the team DR's permission.

Why didn't Spikes piss dirty at the combine? I don't know if he has ADHD or not, but if he does I would think that it would have come out sooner.

For the record, I hope he really does have ADHD and it was just a mistake. Unfortunately, signs don't seem to point that way.

Last edited:
Why didn't Spikes piss dirty at the combine? I don't know if he has ADHD or not, but if he does I would think that it would have come out sooner.

There have been complaints about how testing at the combine is done.. a lot of people say that it should be made more transparent and the results and subsequent actions made known to the public.

For the record, I hope he really does have ADHD and it was just a mistake. Unfortunately, signs don't seem to point that way.
Why is there such a search for a conspriacy theory?
It sounds like he has ADHD, got prescribed a drug, apparently recently, started taking it without checking if it was banned, and the next time they tested him they found it, he knew they would but didnt realize it was banned.
Why is there such a witch hunt against a logical explanation going on?

Why is there such a search for a conspriacy theory?
It sounds like he has ADHD, got prescribed a drug, apparently recently, started taking it without checking if it was banned, and the next time they tested him they found it, he knew they would but didnt realize it was banned.
Why is there such a witch hunt against a logical explanation going on?

A nice, pat explanation for a professional NFL player on a team that emphasized professionalism and accountability innocently consuming a banned substance? Merriman had a really logical explanation, too. In his case it was a tainted supplement, and there are known cases where this could be true given the lack of regulation of the supplement industry.

By the way, this is no witch hunt. I really hope that Spikes truly has ADHD and it was just an oversight.

My God these homers.

Last edited:
There have been complaints about how testing at the combine is done.. a lot of people say that it should be made more transparent and the results and subsequent actions made known to the public.

But it's the same test, isn't it? If he wasn't taking the meds back then it means it's a recent prescription. Don't they tell you all about banned substances at the rookie symposium? How the h3ll does he not tell the team? Why didn't he go to team doctors? I mean, it's mind-boggling.

A nice, pat explanation for a professional NFL player on a team that emphasized professionalism and accountability innocently consuming a banned substance? Merriman had a really logical explanation, too. In his case it was a tainted supplement, and there are known cases where this could be true given the lack of regulation of the supplement industry.

By the way, this is no witch hunt. I really hope that Spikes truly has ADHD and it was just an oversight.

My God these homers.

But it's the same test, isn't it? If he wasn't taking the meds back then it means it's a recent prescription. Don't they tell you all about banned substances at the rookie symposium? How the h3ll does he not tell the team? Why didn't he go to team doctors? I mean, it's mind-boggling.
Putting aside Spikes own stupidity this is a failure of the New England Patriots player care. If he's seeing people about getting prescription drugs to treat conditions it should be from the Patriots staff and the Patriots staff alone. You simply can't take liberties like this knowing what's on the line innocent or not.

Doctors are given handbooks and up to date material of banned substances on the WADA list (assuming the NFL uses the WADA prohibited substance list) not to mention the use of Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) forms that allows players with known medical conditions to continue use of medication under medical supervision.

This whole effort in my opinion is a failure of the player to recognize his obligation but also that of the Patriots organization. The one area I agree with DaBruinz is that it was an apparent mistake, but as we all know mistakes no matter how innocent can be costly.

Last edited:

My God these homers.
So NOT making up theories that have no basis in fact, is being a homer?
Sorry, I'll make something up to rip the guy....
I think all of the reports are wrong and Spikes has been juicing since High School and he has cheated every test, but now it finally cuaght up to him.
Is that more fair and balanced for you?

I've missed the word "homer" since this winning streak started. Nice to see people whip it out first chance they get.

So NOT making up theories that have no basis in fact, is being a homer?
Sorry, I'll make something up to rip the guy....
I think all of the reports are wrong and Spikes has been juicing since High School and he has cheated every test, but now it finally cuaght up to him.
Is that more fair and balanced for you?

I hope he is telling the truth, but the unquestioning homerism is strong ITT considering the monumental personal and organizational f*ckup that got Spikes to this point in the middle of a playoff run.

I 100% defended the guy's internet sexscapades because that was hilarious and harmless, but this is a whole different level.

Being the only one that doesn't care about the details is it safe to say we don't need him until the playoffs, and that it really doesn't matter much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents