PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd - I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to me as if the chemistry is fine, a prob is that he is restricted to like 3 or 4 routes however and the defenses and also cb's we face are honing in....please ease please when the playoffs start let Lloyd run a double move route when the cb covering him doesn't have safety help....I guarantee a td if that we're to happen

Also Brady has been a little inconsistent lately, I'm not sure if even the Houston game was a true Brady like outing

Brandon Lloyd is having a good season. It would be nice if he can eclipse that 1k receiving mark against Miami next week :D

Without Lloyd, the Patriots wouldn't have came back against the 49ers. He was the man when Welker was getting taken out of the offense. And the offense wouldn't have been good against the Texans. And not to forget, there is still Welker and the tight ends that Brady still likes to throw to, just to move the chains.

But Lloyd, even though he lacked the deep threat speed that Moss gave them years back, he gives them something that the Patriots havent had the last two seasons, a guy that can at least make plays outside the numbers. He has turned it up at the right time and that's what matters.

Looking towards next year, hopefully the Patriots can pay Welker and get some speed at WR next season.

Last edited:
... I'm just not feeling it. Sure, he had a couple nice games recently, but yesterday looked to me like the majority of this season. Is there some kind of chemistry between he and Brady that I'm missing? I try not to be negative, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about his role in this O. Fortunately, the O has mostly been fine without him, which is irrelevant to this matter.

He's 4 receptions away from tying his career high. He's got over 900 yards receiving. I'm not sure what you were expecting, but those are pretty damned good numbers for the 4th option in the receiving corps. The problem came early, when they tried to force feed him WR1 targets. Now that those days are gone, he's looking much better.

If there's an issue with Lllllllllllloyd, I'd look to his dislike of contact. It cost the team an INT yesterday. But, as for chemistry, again, 70+ catches as option #4 is more than good enough.

Last edited:
73 catches/902 yards/4 touchdowns/50 first downs. If that's a lack of chemistry in their first season together, God help the rest of the league if they do develop chemistry.

Yeah, I really don't get the Lloyd bashing. What did people expect out of him? 100 rec, 1500 yds, 15 td? Brady only has Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman (until he got hurt, obviously), plus some good pass-catching RBs, plus a vastly improved running game...I mean, what kind of stat line did people really think Lloyd was going to put up?

I'm just curious as to whether anyone else here shares my feelings. Those feelings being that he seems out of synch with Brady A LOT of the time in my eyes.

No. That dude put up 190 yards on the 49ers #1 ranked pass offense. Would have been 200+ and 2 TD if he wasn't interfered with and an illegal shift was called against the Pats

Oh and here is alittle stat for you

Lloyd has been targeted 125 times and caught 73 of those. So there has been 52 misses between him and Brady (only 6 of them were drops)

Welker has been targeted 162 times and caught 110. Exactly 52 misses between him and Brady (9 of them were drops)

He also has only 15 less first downs than Welker.

Oh ya and with Lloyd being basically the #3 or # 4 guy, he has had his 2nd best season of his career.

Last edited:
73 catches/902 yards/4 touchdowns/50 first downs. If that's a lack of chemistry in their first season together, God help the rest of the league if they do develop chemistry.

Yup.

Brandon Lloyd has played in all 15 games, and has seen the highest offensive snap count of any of the offensive skill players. He's been very solid for us in his first year, and should get better. He's been a very, very important piece of the best offense in the NFL all season.

In the last 3 games alone he has done better than chad johnson did all of last year

Yup.

Brandon Lloyd has played in all 15 games, and has seen the highest offensive snap count of any of the offensive skill players. He's been very solid for us in his first year, and should get better. He's been a very, very important piece of the best offense in the NFL all season.
There's some irony in that stat Mayo. Think about it. From a receiving corps that had 3 guys under 26 (Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman) and 2 that were 31 (Lloyd, Welker), its been the old guys who were able to stay on the field all year, and the "kids" who've missed games.

There's some irony in that stat Mayo. Think about it. From a receiving corps that had 3 guys under 26 (Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman) and 2 that were 31 (Lloyd, Welker), its been the old guys who were able to stay on the field all year, and the "kids" who've missed games.

And the Pats reportedly came close to signing 34 year old Reggie Wayne, who has played in all 15 games and caught 102 passes for 1315 yards this season with a rookie QB.

Something to be said for durability and consistency.

Others have said it very eloquently. When you factor in Lloyd's skills. When you consider his role in the offense, when you look at what has occurred with all the injuries to Gronk, Hernandez, and Edelman, Lloyd has had a remarkable season thus far, even with all the ups and downs he's endured.

Without Gronk and Edelman, teams have tried to double Welker and Hernandez, and Lloyd has proven up to the task to become a major factor when they try that. What more can we ask., given that he's at best the third option in this offense. And while when Gronk comes back, he'll drop another notch in the pecking order, his numbers will go down, but his effectiveness within the offense will probably rise.

Given all that, LLoyd has been a bargain.

Count me as another one who's more than pleased with Lloyd. I'll add this as well: I'm totally fine with his low YAC. He takes great leaps to complete passes which allows Brady to further clear a defender. His belly-catches protect against turnovers while doing that which is most important: catching the ball and moving the chains. Another thing I like is it adds to the Patriots' tendency to move the ball with shorter-yardage plays, keeping Brady on the field and the defense resting on the bench. Veterans here are certainly welcome to correct my neophyte take of course.

people are too obsessed with the so called "deep threat" when really what is important is someone who can play outside the numbers. and Lloyd has been providing this offense with that.

someone who can get open when the opponent plays man and gets physical in the middle of the field to limit welker/Gronk/hernandez

We often forget that Lloyd chose to make 12m over 3 years. BARGAIN!

Add to that the things he does away from the ball, and I think you've got someone who more than earned $4 million in pay. He's done enough all over the field to require defenses to account for him. And I think he's done enough deep for teams to know he and Brady can go deep when teams least expect it.

In this last game alone we saw him serve as a distraction to spring guys like Woodhead for big plsys - and he's been a willing blocker on other key scoring plays as well.

That's all pretty good stuff in my book.

Last edited:
Just a general observation: we've all seen and read threads and posts questioning Welker's drops, Hernandez's toughness, Edelman's general worth, Branch's declining skills and Lloyd's lack of production. How in the hell did Brady rack up the numbers he has? Someone's doing a pretty GD good job catching the f($)&@g ball.

people are too obsessed with the so called "deep threat" when really what is important is someone who can play outside the numbers. and Lloyd has been providing this offense with that.

someone who can get open when the opponent plays man and gets physical in the middle of the field to limit welker/Gronk/hernandez
People are too obsessed with the feats of Brady/Moss and appear to lack the appreciation for a more than handy season when one stares them in the face.

People are too obsessed with the feats of Brady/Moss and appear to lack the appreciation for a more than handy season when one stares them in the face.

Also the feat of 16-0, now people are up in arms if the Pats lose a game, the offense doesnt score a TD on every possession, the reciever drops a ball, the defense gives up points.
Over the years Ive noticed some fans just have unrealistic expectations and are never going to be happy. Im still happy when they make the playoffs and we have meaningful games to watch, I dont care if they're the 1 seed, 2 seed,3 seed, 4 seed, they can win the Lombardi this year from any of those positions.

... I'm just not feeling it. Sure, he had a couple nice games recently, but yesterday looked to me like the majority of this season. Is there some kind of chemistry between he and Brady that I'm missing? I try not to be negative, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about his role in this O. Fortunately, the O has mostly been fine without him, which is irrelevant to this matter.
Your posts aren't normally crazy dave, but i think you and rhodypat are smoking the same sht

I had no idea he has that many catches and that many yards, I would have guessed half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back