PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd - I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if there is to to be an AFC title game between the two, have you seen what some TE have done to the broncos this season?

Gonzalez 7 for 70 1 TD
Gates 6 for 81 2 TD
Gresham 6 for 108
Olsen 9 for 102 2 TD
Pitta 7 for 125 2 TD

Not to mention last year

Gronk 10 for 145 3 TD
Hernandez 9 for 129 1 TD

Add in over 60 rushing yards for Aaron Hernandez too. He will drive the Denver linebackers nuts!!!! And I bet Lloyd gets a touchdown or two against his former team. :D

I feel like Lloyd has brought a lot of value to the Pats, but there is a chemistry issue or timing issue with Brady. I have seen a lot of routes where Lloyd is open, or not well covered, and Brady misses the throw. These are mostly deep routes. I remember the first game of the season, Lloyd was 5 yards beyond any received, and Brady overthrew him by a yard. It was a gimme TD catch if the ball was well placed.

I am not putting the blame on Brady, because a QB expects a receiver to do certain things, and be in certain locations. But there is definitely a slight mis-communication between the two.

The other stat I will pull out here: Lloyd has disapeared in our blow-away games. If we are up 2 scores, you don't even see him. And yet, he has been most effective in games where the offense is struggling, or the Pats are losing. His best performances come in close games and Patriot losses.

I don't know what to make of this, other than, cool fact bro.

I feel like Lloyd has brought a lot of value to the Pats, but there is a chemistry issue or timing issue with Brady. I have seen a lot of routes where Lloyd is open, or not well covered, and Brady misses the throw. These are mostly deep routes. I remember the first game of the season, Lloyd was 5 yards beyond any received, and Brady overthrew him by a yard. It was a gimme TD catch if the ball was well placed.

I am not putting the blame on Brady, because a QB expects a receiver to do certain things, and be in certain locations. But there is definitely a slight mis-communication between the two.

The other stat I will pull out here: Lloyd has disapeared in our blow-away games. If we are up 2 scores, you don't even see him. And yet, he has been most effective in games where the offense is struggling, or the Pats are losing. His best performances come in close games and Patriot losses.

I don't know what to make of this, other than, cool fact bro.

Chemistry and communication are 200x better than the first 6 weeks of the season. He has been dealing with a bad knee the past 3 weeks

Next year he will get better and used to the offense. Atleast hes not ochocinco.

Just wanted to give Lloyd a bump this weekend. After watching the replay, here's what I saw. I saw Brady and Lloyd finally "click". After the Ninkovich interception, the offense marched down the field in which Lloyd scored a TD with a 5yd catch and run. On that play, Brady gave him a VERY QUICK nod ala Deion Branch fake spike against the Bears in the snow and Lloyd got it. YES!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News