PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Jacobs to Giselle "Stay cute and shut up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or does it seem like Brady is about the only player in the league who players from other teams feel like they can just openly disrespect. Over and over and over.

Can anyone think of another guy who players openly disrespect more??

I can't help but feel like race is involved in some of it, but that's a topic for a different day.

I'm not going to touch that last sentence, but there is a theme that has come up several times in this thread: You can trash talk the Patriots and nothing will happen. Not to a player or a member of the media.

Maybe it's time for the "Patriot Way" to change a little. The approach of being professional and not providing bulletin board material hasn't been too effective lately. Look at Welker last year. He pokes fun at Rex Ryan and who is the focus on? Who gets punished? Welker. Brandon Jacobs makes a comment directly at Brady's wife and the focus is on Giselle.

Maybe it's time for the Patriots to take the verbal gloves off. Talk trash before every game. When they win, talk even more trash. If they should happen to lose, claim the opposition was cheating. I'm sure Light or Spikes would have something worth saying each week.

Some Steelers defensive players want to mock the team after losing the SB? Bring in a former Broncos O-line coach this summer and work on cut blocking techniques. Have the receivers watch footage of that player on the Titans taking out Rodney Harrison. Sign Bernard Pollard and have Belichick had him an envelope containing a picture of one of the opposition's key offensive players each week.

Toughen up the team's image. Put an eye patch on the Flying Elvis and add some crossbones or crossed swords. Instead of Belichick saying "It is what it is," have him say "By any means necessary."

If people want to hate this team, pour gas on that fire. (And I think I'm only half joking about any of this.)

LOL at the sour grapes around here......

must be all the clowns harping about fan's living the patriot way and then failing to do so themselves

Stay cute was unnecessary, and thats Jacobs being the dumbass that he is. But the point behind what he's saying, if you're not playing on the team keep your mouth shut to the media about team affairs (especially someone like Gisele with celebrity power), is completely valid.

What good is this going to do for Tom or the Patriots?

At worst, it creates some tension or animosity in the locker room and at best it gets ignored.

Last edited:
As long as the Giants keep beating down the Patriots they can say whatever they want. Classless and dumb yes.

Last edited:
gisele opening up her mouth about football is a rough equivalent to listening to johnny depp about politics

As a Black-Hispanic woman I never thought about it being racial until you mentioned it, then I thought about it.

I doubt Cromaterie or Jacobs make these comments to Ray Lewis/Terrell Suggs...They wouldn't step to them because they know they would be laid out.

They would make these comments to the Bradys/Mannings/Rogers/Flaccos/Ryans of the world, but probably not Jeremy Shockey or Rob because they know the last two would step to them. Those quarterbacks aren't viewed as tough in the "If you talk mess to me, then I'm going to lay you out." sense. That's why they feel so free to attack them.

Look at the type of people Cromaterie and Jacobs come across as ghetto, tacky, and classless.

I'll give you an example- You would never hear Ed Reed make these comments.

I think it's jealousy and envy along with Brady's continuous non-response. I also think the Mannings get the same dissing just not as publically because they're media darlings.

No matter how you slice it to publically diss another man's wife in any context is just wrong. Or anyone's significant other really.

How would some of you men like it if some guy told your girlfriend/fiancee'/wife to "Shut up." in any context? What kind of man would you be to condone someone disrespecting your significant other?

Jacobs wasn't defending anyone. He was looking for press, to pour more gas on the fire, and to humiliate Brady which seems to be a favorite thing to do of nearly everyone around the league.

Jacobs is gleeful and nasty now, but will he still be laughing at the Brady's (who are set for life) when he's out of a job (probably in the next couple of months)?

I don't think it's much of a race issue as it is just pure jealousy. They wouldn't make these comments about P.Manning/Brees/Rodgers/Ryan or such and such either. They would say such about Brady, Sanchez and Tebow. Though Manning and the others are successful, they are nowhere near as discussed or attractive as Tim Tebow or successful and attractive as Tom Brady on or off the field.

I watched the Panthers/Patriots SB against the Panthers and heard one of the Panthers say, they're not gonna win, not with that QB. Something along the lines of that. Most of the league views Tom as a system QB, who's defense dragged him along to 3SB wins. I saw the T.Ocho show couple years back, and heard TO say, with that much protection any QB can do what Brady was doing in 2007. I've watched players try to diminish Brady's skill because Cassel was successful with the same team or bring up spygate (Steelers), or whatever they can to be-little him.

They are just mad because the "pretty boy" had a weak arm in the beginning but still managed to win games. They are mad because "pretty boy" has one of the best arms in the league and he's still winning. Nobody wants to give him any credit and that's ok. he's gonna retire with 2 more rings and the best winning percentage of any QB and they are still gonna hate and call him "overrated", I doubt he will be caring then and I doubt they will ever forget his name.

what Giselle said was pretty much a knock on the pats receivers and had notting to do with the Gaints...Brandon Jacobs has now passed Bart Scott for haveing the biggest mouth with the least production in new jersey

gisele opening up her mouth about football is a rough equivalent to listening to johnny depp about politics

Puh-leeze. Why are people acting like Gisele was complaining about the mean old Giants being allowed to hit Tom or wondering why the ball wasn't round. She made an observation that was echoed by many, many others who claim to be paid football experts.

As long as the Giants keep beating down the Patriots they can say whatever they want. Classless and dumb yes.

When did the Giants ever beat down the Pats? Yes they beat us the last 3 times we faced them. All 3 games were knock down drag out fights. They just have our number as of now. That won't be for long though. The Giants won't win another SB for a very long time. Getting back to the subject. I love me some Giselle. But I kinda agree with Jacobs on this. I know she was just caught up in the heat of the moment. I don't think she meant any harm by her comments. I won't be shocked if Giselle releases an apology in the next couple of days.

Greetings,
She made no comments towards him so I don't see why he felt a need to say anything. From watching the video it looks like she was probably baited into it, I mean we all say things when we are upset and in the heat of things. I remember when the game shall not be mentioned happened I said harsh things to my closest friends who ragged me about it.

Celticboy04

a really bad job at playing stupid
Yeah, I have to admit I find it really difficult. Clearly, you don't. As an aside, do I have to keep hammering you into submission forever, or are you just a glutton for punishment? Because, by my score in rounds, it's roughly Me:14 and You: ZERO.

We should have done our talking on the field. Unfortunately we didn't. Ignore this and move on.

Really? What if they started saying stuff about Tom's little boys?

As a Black-Hispanic woman I never thought about it being racial until you mentioned it, then I thought about it.

I doubt Cromaterie or Jacobs make these comments to Ray Lewis/Terrell Suggs...They wouldn't step to them because they know they would be laid out.

They would make these comments to the Bradys/Mannings/Rogers/Flaccos/Ryans of the world, but probably not Jeremy Shockey or Rob because they know the last two would step to them. Those quarterbacks aren't viewed as tough in the "If you talk mess to me, then I'm going to lay you out." sense. That's why they feel so free to attack them.

Look at the type of people Cromaterie and Jacobs come across as ghetto, tacky, and classless.

I'll give you an example- You would never hear Ed Reed make these comments.

I think it's jealousy and envy along with Brady's continuous non-response. I also think the Mannings get the same dissing just not as publically because they're media darlings.

No matter how you slice it to publically diss another man's wife in any context is just wrong. Or anyone's significant other really.

How would some of you men like it if some guy told your girlfriend/fiancee'/wife to "Shut up." in any context? What kind of man would you be to condone someone disrespecting your significant other?

Jacobs wasn't defending anyone. He was looking for press, to pour more gas on the fire, and to humiliate Brady which seems to be a favorite thing to do of nearly everyone around the league.

Jacobs is gleeful and nasty now, but will he still be laughing at the Brady's (who are set for life) when he's out of a job (probably in the next couple of months)?

That would be a lovely thing. Short career and bad spending habits and investments and then to the poorhouse.

I don't think it's much of a race issue as it is just pure jealousy. They wouldn't make these comments about P.Manning/Brees/Rodgers/Ryan or such and such either. They would say such about Brady, Sanchez and Tebow. Though Manning and the others are successful, they are nowhere near as discussed or attractive as Tim Tebow or successful and attractive as Tom Brady on or off the field.

I watched the Panthers/Patriots SB against the Panthers and heard one of the Panthers say, they're not gonna win, not with that QB. Something along the lines of that. Most of the league views Tom as a system QB, who's defense dragged him along to 3SB wins. I saw the T.Ocho show couple years back, and heard TO say, with that much protection any QB can do what Brady was doing in 2007. I've watched players try to diminish Brady's skill because Cassel was successful with the same team or bring up spygate (Steelers), or whatever they can to be-little him.

They are just mad because the "pretty boy" had a weak arm in the beginning but still managed to win games. They are mad because "pretty boy" has one of the best arms in the league and he's still winning. Nobody wants to give him any credit and that's ok. he's gonna retire with 2 more rings and the best winning percentage of any QB and they are still gonna hate and call him "overrated", I doubt he will be caring then and I doubt they will ever forget his name.

I have part of that NFL Super Bowl clip on my computer-

The guy on the Panthers said "The game is not over yet." "Not with that guy at quarterback."

The Panthers had just scored, and the player was essentially telling his teammate the Panthers hadn't won yet because Tom Brady still had time to win the game. Then you hear the narrator go "And right he was because on the next possession Tom Brady led the Patriots to score again."

It was the NFL Super Bowl clip for the first Super Bowl where some Rams players was saying the "Pats weren't going to win. Not with Brady at quarterback. Tom Brady is overrated." :rolleyes:He was not even dressed to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back