PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's exit from the Bucs as it relates to the 2022 Patriots

the fact that you think the OFFENSE is the issue when it was the DEFENSE highlights your football knowledge or lack there of..
He is just a **** stirring, instigating, insufferable troll with no life.
He probably just came from his incel anonymous meeting.

Thanks Chris don't know what the Homers see thorough their glasses I see an Un-talented two scores down game over Offense. I think they forgot how we backed into then out of the Playoffs.
Point out all those homers you lying POS

Thanks Chris don't know what the Homers see thorough their glasses I see an Un-talented two scores down game over Offense. I think they forgot how we backed into then out of the Playoffs.

Thank you for showing, yet again, that you don't even understand that it was the DEFENSE that was the issue. Not the offense. the Defense was the one who couldn't stop teams when it mattered. YOU seem to not be able to comprehend that concept. A concept that has NOTHING to do with being a homer and everything to do with actually understanding the game of football. Something you clearly don't.

Yep stopped reading right there and didn't even waste the key strokes on the other $10Mill Stiff. The Patriots have two many #3WR's we CANNOT compete with the Bills much less Chiefs with those cast of characters nuff said!
I've been listening to this kind of crap for as long as you've been posting. We've had over 20 years of unprecedented success and you've been whining about our WR's the entire time. :rolleyes:

Huh? I thought the Bucs are a super team…can’t they win with any top 15 QB? A lot of really smart posters in here claimed just that. I think they‘ll just land Teddy Bridgewater and win two in three years.
Aren’t they losing Gronk and AB? That alone would make a huge difference even if they keep Godwin. Don’t play that Evans, Godwin, Gronk, and AB is some run of the mill receiving corp. Obviously Brady is the goat, but as a Patriots fan, name one of those four who wouldn’t be Mac Jones #1.

Aren’t they losing Gronk and AB? That alone would make a huge difference even if they keep Godwin. Don’t play that Evans, Godwin, Gronk, and AB is some run of the mill receiving corp. Obviously Brady is the goat, but as a Patriots fan, name one of those four who wouldn’t be Mac Jones #1.

Sure…their receiving corps was definitely top notch. The absurdity with the DrEaM tEaM was about how they’re also the 85 Bears. And keep in mind, Gronk and AB (and maybe Fournette) would have gone anywhere Brady had signed.

Look, the Bucs are a very good team. They had a handful of emerging stars on rookie deals in 2020. Brady chose a good team to join. Jason Licht cashed in big time on those lottery picks and brought in some solid veterans.

It’s also true that Brady could have balled out in San Francisco, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Miami, Tennessee and a handful of other cities, as he would have made those teams better and brought his guys. There isn’t a massive talent gap between them. The idea that Tampa Bay was a historically great supporting cast, and some cherry picked outlier where it was pretty easy to win like KD going to the Warriors, is a narrative many have parroted here.

Sure…their receiving corps was definitely top notch. The absurdity with the DrEaM tEaM was about how they’re also the 85 Bears. And keep in mind, Gronk and AB (and maybe Fournette) would have gone anywhere Brady had signed.

Look, the Bucs are a very good team. They had a handful of emerging stars on rookie deals in 2020. Brady chose a good team to join. Jason Licht cashed in big time on those lottery picks and brought in some solid veterans.

It’s also true that Brady could have balled out in San Francisco, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Miami, Tennessee and a handful of other cities, as he would have made those teams better and brought his guys. There isn’t a massive talent gap between them. The idea that Tampa Bay was a historically great supporting cast, and some cherry picked outlier where it was pretty easy to win like KD going to the Warriors, is a narrative many have parroted here.

OK, that's the last straw -- I will not let you denigrate parrots and get away with it, so let's talk "narrative."

You've been strident in claiming Brady would have won the Super Bowl with any of a handful of teams, yet there existed too many variables to definitively support that beyond mere conjecture. Tampa, on the other hand, provided the "perfect storm" landing spot for him: he received carte blanche via loosely compliant coaching/leadership vacuum, essentially clean-slate franchise culture and arguably the best supporting player cast of any of his 10 Super Bowl campaigns. Even before "Brady guys" Gronk and AB saddled up the Bucs had two No. 1 receivers in Godwin and Evans, top-flight RBs Fournette and Jones, a stellar offensive line and a defense with playmakers at all three levels. Where Brady routinely carried Patriots teams to the brass ring the same can't be said of his Bucs performance in 2020, especially in the divisional playoff and NFC championship games where he faltered needing plenty of help. Was Tom a catalyst for Tampa's success in 2020? Most certainly, especially in the realm of "intangibles." His 2021 on-field efforts might've been more impressive as the roster wasn't as strong from start to finish. But that 2020 team was uniquely talented and "carried" Brady as much as if not more than he did them. It remains a team game above all else.

OK, that's the last straw -- I will not let you denigrate parrots and get away with it, so let's talk "narrative."

You've been strident in claiming Brady would have won the Super Bowl with any of a handful of teams, yet there existed too many variables to definitively support that beyond mere conjecture. Tampa, on the other hand, provided the "perfect storm" landing spot for him: he received carte blanche via loosely compliant coaching/leadership vacuum, essentially clean-slate franchise culture and arguably the best supporting player cast of any of his 10 Super Bowl campaigns. Even before "Brady guys" Gronk and AB saddled up the Bucs had two No. 1 receivers in Godwin and Evans, top-flight RBs Fournette and Jones, a stellar offensive line and a defense with playmakers at all three levels. Where Brady routinely carried Patriots teams to the brass ring the same can't be said of his Bucs performance in 2020, especially in the divisional playoff and NFC championship games where he faltered needing plenty of help. Was Tom a catalyst for Tampa's success in 2020? Most certainly, especially in the realm of "intangibles." His 2021 on-field efforts might've been more impressive as the roster wasn't as strong from start to finish. But that 2020 team was uniquely talented and "carried" Brady as much as if not more than he did them. It remains a team game above all else.
There is not a single player on the bucs, that do not credit Brady with their success. Nor the fans, nor the coaches. That team and fans appreciated him as much as the pats did. Nobody was carried, and that is stupid to say. He went to a 7-9 team that had not won a playoff game in 18 years and he made them winners. Ask them they will tell you. You should go read some of the things they say about him. Carried? Wow. I will let you in on a secret. brady has won superbowls with teams less than what the pats had this year. I am not going to get into the records without him and with him, because everyone knows already. Where he goes winning goes and its a big damn hole to fill when he leaves. The fact that as a pats fan excitement now is 10-7 a first round blowout is very telling.

There is not a single player on the bucs, that do not credit Brady with their success. Nor the fans, nor the coaches. That team and fans appreciated him as much as the pats did. Nobody was carried, and that is stupid to say. He went to a 7-9 team that had not won a playoff game in 18 years and he made them winners. Ask them they will tell you. You should go read some of the things they say about him. Carried? Wow. I will let you in on a secret. brady has won superbowls with teams less than what the pats had this year. I am not going to get into the records without him and with him, because everyone knows already. Where he goes winning goes and its a big damn hole to fill when he leaves. The fact that as a pats fan excitement now is 10-7 a first round blowout is very telling.
I think you misunderstood Tunes point...he said that particular squad carried Brady as much as Tom carried them. That's a valid statement. That team SQUASHED Jumpy Punk Jr. and exposed his obvious flaws. Brady exposed the KC defense to be the mediocre POS it was. In the end it IS a team game.

I think you misunderstood Tunes point...he said that particular squad carried Brady as much as Tom carried them. That's a valid statement. That team SQUASHED Jumpy Punk Jr. and exposed his obvious flaws. Brady exposed the KC defense to be the mediocre POS it was. In the end it IS a team game.
Nobody was carried and its silly to say. Its amazing its a team game when Brady wins, but when he loses somehow it becomes him. Never got that one. There just seems to be 1 constant in 7 superbowls. Because everyone knows how easy it is to leave a team at 43 and go to a completely different team that has not won a playoff game in 18 years who lead the league in penalties the year before, and win a superbowl. Yep happens all the time.

I've been listening to this kind of crap for as long as you've been posting. We've had over 20 years of unprecedented success and you've been whining about our WR's the entire time. :rolleyes:
The GOAT who carried BB and won it all without him ain't coming through that door ken. Mac is no Tom Brady that's a Fact! Also Myers and Bourne are Inferior WR to Branch - Edelman even David Patten. Smoke and mirrors ain't cutting in Todays NFL at WR Look at the TEAMS in the SB or on Championship weekend. A Patriots WR would be a borderline #4 on any of those TEAMS that's how bad we are.

No…not saying he would have definitely won a Super Bowl with any team. A lot of things came together for the Bucs at the right time last year. The team put up a great supportimg effort. As we’ve seen, Brady may have gone to an objectively better team that came put in the playoffs and crapped the bed. It’s all theoretical.

My point is the overall team strength of the Bucs wasn’t greater than the overall strength of a handful of other teams he was linked to. Maybe they were slightly better…maybe not. You put any elite quarterback on a good team and there’s a compounding effect. And Brady is the most elite of them all.

It doesn’t relate to the 2022 patriots.

You underrate both Bourne, Meyers and to some degree Agular. Bourne had over 800 playing only about 50% of the offensive snaps and only 70 targets with a rookie QB. Meyers has been an excellent #3 he had 866 yds, about what you want your #3 to get and again with a rookie QB. I believe that with more snaps and more targets from a better QB in his 2nd year, Bourne can be much more productive.

And as for Agular, I don't think he ever got the chance to show what he can do. While Mac was being spoon fed the playbook, Agular spent most of this season running clear out routes for others to get open. He had only 63 targets all year. Not many chances to shine. With a better QB, I think Agular will get more opportunities next year. Remember with a mediocre Raider team he had 900 yds and almost a 19ypc average. He CAN get it done or at least get it done better next season.

I disagree Ken. I like both Bourne snd Meyers but neither can het open against # Cotnees, snd the Patriots are screeed if a team has two good corners. I see Bourne as a #3, snd a very good one at that, and Meyers as a#3-#4, both would be much better off with two really good receivers in front of them. If Jameson Williams falls to them in the draft they should be all over him. And if they can get Alan Robinson in on a reasonable deal that would really help as well. After addressing WR I would focus everything else on defense.

When are you going to show us those “ homer posts” raving about Agholor?

We all know you are full of sh.t but we still expect you to back up what you are insisting is true.

Godwin wasn't available last year for the Pats as he was Franchised and signed his franchise tender.. Not sure how you don't comprehend that.

The Pats don't have 16-18M this year to spend on a WR like Godwin.

Now, maybe it's just me, but my focus would be on the defense that has let us down each of the past 3 years. Especially since Collins and HT are UFA. McCourty has voided years that need to be dealt with. The Pats need some middle-of-the-road LBers for a year or two while they bring in more young talent. They also need to a Slot CB to work behind Jones.

It’s hard to know what the actual cap situation is until we know who is going and who is staying. There have been years where their cap situation didn’t look good to start the off-season but Belichick found ways to open up space and make significant moves, and there have been other years where it looked really good and didn’t turn out as well. We will have a much better sense of it in a month or so.

I’m just wondering, do you spread misery for a living? If not you should, I have never seen anyone do it better.

You really need a clear #1 receiving option or excellent collection of weapons to make it to the Superbowl and win it. Defense can still win it absolutely, but youd need an all time defensive effort to do so. Look at the past 10 champions. Hopefully we get Mac the weapons he needs.

2020- Evans/Godwin/Brown
2019- Kelce/Hill/Watkins
2018- Gronk/Edelman
2017- Jeffrey/Ertz/Agholor
2016- Edelman/Bennett/Amendola
2015-Okay this was mainly the defense but had Thomas/Decker/J.Thomas
2014- Gronk/Edelman/Lafell
2013- Baldwin/Harvin/Kearse
2012- Boldin/Smith/Rice
2011- Bradshaw/Hicks/Manningham
2010- Nelson/Jennings/Jones

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back