PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's exit from the Bucs as it relates to the 2022 Patriots

Huh? I thought the Bucs are a super team…can’t they win with any top 15 QB? A lot of really smart posters in here claimed just that. I think they‘ll just land Teddy Bridgewater and win two in three years.

Yup, Brady joining the Bucs was like KD joining the Warriors according to some morons on this forum.

Sure, the Bucs had not won even a playoff game in 17 years before 2020 - and the Warriors were coming off the most wins in NBA regular season history, 2 finals appearances with a championship but it was basically no different.

Plug anyone on that previously 7-9 Bucs team and they go from 17 years without a playoff win to a Super Bowl championship easily.

It is funny that Bill was ok to put 22M for Smith and Agholor but wouldn’t put 16-18 for Godwin who is 10x those players
I doubt Godwin would ever consider playing for pats and BB after Brady has probably been in his ear about mean old Bill.

On Gronk, while I think it’s clear he respects BB at this point, I also think it’s clear he doesn’t ever want to go through the grind of playing for him again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he outright retires again given how he said for the longest time that he doesn’t want to play for anyone but Brady. Having said that, if he’s still up for football, I wouldn’t be surprised if he would up in Buffalo. Hometown team, he checked them out last year, great QB, a clear contender and a team he might help put over the top.
Its not only Gronk. TB12 may have soured every last Bucs player on playing for BB

Huh? I thought the Bucs are a super team…can’t they win with any top 15 QB? A lot of really smart posters in here claimed just that. I think they‘ll just land Teddy Bridgewater and win two in three years.
The big difference here is the amount of FA’s they have vs the amount of money they have to spend. The window they had is closing fast.

Yup, Brady joining the Bucs was like KD joining the Warriors according to some morons on this forum.

Sure, the Bucs had not won even a playoff game in 17 years before 2020 - and the Warriors were coming off the most wins in NBA regular season history, 2 finals appearances with a championship but it was basically no different.

Plug anyone on that previously 7-9 Bucs team and they go from 17 years without a playoff win to a Super Bowl championship easily.
Well, it makes one heckuva difference to go from a guy that turned the ball over 39x to a guy that turned it over like 13 and is the best that ever did it. The Bucs were a one player at the most important position away from being a contender. Sure, Brady made them a legitimate believer. Brady believed the same as many others did. That’s why he went there.

Godwin will end up on the Raidahz

If we dream about Godwin we should be ready for offering him 17-18 million $ per year I think. Can we afford to do that? Rather not.
Godwin might be the most desirable WR during FA and some teams are willing to offer him a big contract.

If we dream about Godwin we should be ready for offering him 17-18 million $ per year I think. Can we afford to do that? Rather not.
Godwin might be the most desirable WR during FA and some teams are willing to offer him a big contract.
I can’t believe I’m saying this due to our track record but I think we should allocate most of our cap space in free agency to improving the defense and find wr help through the draft. Doesn’t even have to be in the first round. Just looking at the last few years there’s a ton a talent that was drafted R2 and later.

It is funny that Bill was ok to put 22M for Smith and Agholor but wouldn’t put 16-18 for Godwin who is 10x those players
Don't embarrass their skilled Offensive player evaluation please too much bad memories.

The Pats are the team that pays big money for bottom of the marker players. Brady has retired. The time where you could get productive receiver for 6M is over. At some point we will need to pay for top of the market players.

I stand by Godwin at 20M after an ACL is a better investment than 11M on Agholor or 12M on big RZ target Smith
Patriots better hope some of those Stiffs they Drafted finally develop ie... Kenne and Assisi. The Agholor situation is not looking good average players don't get paid $10Mill.

Last edited:
Patriots better hope some of those Stiffs they Draft finally develop ie... Kenne and Assisi. The Agholor situation is not looking good average players don't get paid $10Mill.
Agholor did not even play at an average level in 2021. That was low WR3 production.

At some point we will need to pay top dollars for top players. The time when we could sign 2nd tier player and make them key contributor is over. We will not find a WR1 for 10M. Either we will need to invest draft capital to get one or we will need to pay for one.

At some point we will need to pay top dollars for top players. The time when we could sign 2nd tier player and make them key contributor is over. We will not find a WR1 for 10M. Either we will need to invest draft capital to get one or we will need to pay for one.
Sure. Godwin is definitely a proven WR and there is an option we invest in him. However IMO there are more urgent needs like DL, LB, CB ( if JC Jackson leaves the team ) and maybe OT. We will see what happens during FA and hiw flexible our salary cap is but this draft class is loaded with really good Wrs so I will take my chance and try to find one in round 2/3.

Every team is in rebuild mode until they have a QB who can lead a team to the Super Bowl.

We've seen this before, a champion level team can withstand widespread personnel loss with a good draft and some say FA signings. If Tampa can land a Rodgers, Wilson or Watson type, they'll be back in the final 8. Even with a Jimmy G they still could win that division.

I doubt Godwin would ever consider playing for pats and BB after Brady has probably been in his ear about mean old Bill.

I don't think we're getting Godwin because the money will be more than Bill wants to pay given his injury status, but I doubt Brady is just relentlessly badmouthing the organization. Welker, who has just as much if not more reason to dislike Bill, talked up the program and encouraged Bourne to sign here. I'm sure Brady has his issues with Bill, but the fans feel much stronger about the breakup than he does IMO.

I don’t think we have the money for godwin. I wish we could’ve nabbed obj tbh on a 2 yr deal. That was probably our last real shot at landing a top wr talent. We’re obviously not drafting a great wr lol

Bill is on line 2 looking for a GM and he heard you were a good candidate

Based on deals for Amari Cooper and Keenan Allen's deals, it may be closer to $20 million a year.

Agholor did not even play at an average level in 2021. That was low WR3 production.
Don't tell that the homers. :rolleyes:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back