PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's cameo in the new netflix series "Living with Yourself"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

Since when does he hang out with the "riff-raff"?

You need to understand that people of his ilk really do live in a different world than you do. It doesn't matter that you think that WPB is Newton, the point is that to the 1%, WPB is New Bedford.

He spends approximately 20% of his time in Foxboro fer cryin’ out loud. He’s not a Judi Dench character counting doilies.

Yes, he’s not “one of us”. But he doesn’t melt when he leaves his estate gates. The Palm Beach folks the Vanity Fair article writer was referencing truly are America’s version of the Third Duchess of Snobsningdon.

I get your specific point about abusing social media, I really do. My MiL is a perfect example of what you are talking about. She is a Facebook junky to the point that it impacts her life; she gets sucked into debates on there and gets pissed off because someone trolled her and misses out on spending time with her grand kids when we are up North visiting them because her face never leaves her iPad/iPhone. Most of the pictures we have of the kids visits are her in the background face into device.

But in general, I disagree with what the internet is and can be. It can be utilized to augment many "analog parts" of a person's life just like any other tool can. I don't find it to be nearly as much of a dichotomy as you lay it out; i.e. you can still have a very fruitful "human" existence and be highly engaged with it.

If were being honest, in a vacuum, it is one of the greatest achievements in our species history....the fact that a good segment of the population only uses it to troll people doesn't take away from the greatness of it as a life impacting invention.

You pretty much summed up how I feel. My beef is with the overuse of social media( not business-related, cause you know we gotta make $.)
I agree about the internet. Overall a great thing. There are many things the net does really well. There are also many things it does not do well.
I think we both know what those things are. Like everyone else, the web makes some parts of my life a lot easier.
Research is fast and easy. But not a good place for serious discussion imo. That's something that's best done face to face. Too much nuance and misunderstanding. Same with texting. Even phone. A lot of communication gets lost even on the phone. Body language.
When I used to negotiate big deals, I always tried to handle sensitive stuff face to face,tho not always possible.

You pretty much summed up how I feel. My beef is with the overuse of social media( not business-related, cause you know we gotta make $.)
I agree about the internet. Overall a great thing. There are many things the net does really well. There are also many things it does not do well.
I think we both know what those things are. Like everyone else, the web makes some parts of my life a lot easier.
Research is fast and easy. But not a good place for serious discussion imo. That's something that's best done face to face. Too much nuance and misunderstanding. Same with texting. Even phone. A lot of communication gets lost even on the phone. Body language.
When I used to negotiate big deals, I always tried to handle sensitive stuff face to face,tho not always possible.

+1. Nothing beats face to face communication (or at least voice to voice). Most conflicts throughout history have occurred due to miscommunication. In my line of work, emails are an exceptionally poor mode but increasingly people are relying on it. More people are communicating from behind walls.

+1. Nothing beats face to face communication (or at least voice to voice). Most conflicts throughout history have occurred due to miscommunication. In my line of work, emails are an exceptionally poor mode but increasingly people are relying on it. More people are communicating from behind walls.

Always blew my mind when texting or emailing with my ex-wife, how she would often take my meaning to be 180' from what I was trying to say.

I have only owned a cell phone 3 months of my life. I despise them. Don’t get me wrong most people need them with business and all. I was a firefighter soI did not need one. The only social media I am on is Patsfans. If I kill someone they will have to bring back Colombo o_O

Actually, they have the transcripts, that is the point. You clearly did not read the article. This was no puff piece for Kraft.

The transcripts are of Kraft and Kraft’s friend claiming what they said to each other on the phone. They don’t have transcripts of a private telephone conversation. Big difference.

i would rather my kids play outside than on their phones. Curious as to why you think playing on a phone would be better?
God, the smartphone argument. I am at odds with a lot of family members who are teachers that do not want students to have phones. There is a time when exercise, family time (eating) and other time-frames when the smartphone must be dormant. However, there is no comparison to having knowledge at your fingertips. I have read articles pros and cons of children with and without phones. We need to welcome the smartphone (computer) into our lives and make the adjustments (exercise/regulations/laws) that makes them educational. BTW, looking forward to Monday Night Football which now has added drama.

I have only owned a cell phone 3 months of my life. I despise them. Don’t get me wrong most people need them with business and all. I was a firefighter soI did not need one. The only social media I am on is Patsfans. If I kill someone they will have to bring back Colombo o_O
I did not own a phone to I had kids, then it was mandatory. As they got older they got phones. They turned me on to texting. Example: Them, can you pick me up? Me: Ok. Now I'm working and I use my phone daily (GPS). A person might be a hermit, but new technology still effects that recluse. Does the person driving the fire truck use technology?

I did not own a phone to I had kids, then it was mandatory. As they got older they got phones. They turned me on to texting. Example: Them, can you pick me up? Me: Ok. Now I'm working and I use my phone daily (GPS). A person might be a hermit, but new technology still effects that recluse. Does the person driving the fire truck use technology?
I am a very sociable person. I truthfully see it as Liberation.
The guy driving the fire truck knows where he is going before he leaves the station. We have huge maps every where in the station. Plus over time you know your streets. We don’t have GPS in the trucks and would not use it. There is a lot of strategy when responding to incidents and that is why you must know where you are going and multiple directions into that location, to make sure every company is not piled up behind each other. Until last year you were not even allowed to bring a phone onto the Apparatus. Bad look ff’s on the phone.

God, the smartphone argument. I am at odds with a lot of family members who are teachers that do not want students to have phones. There is a time when exercise, family time (eating) and other time-frames when the smartphone must be dormant. However, there is no comparison to having knowledge at your fingertips. I have read articles pros and cons of children with and without phones. We need to welcome the smartphone (computer) into our lives and make the adjustments (exercise/regulations/laws) that makes them educational. BTW, looking forward to Monday Night Football which now has added drama.
And that is why kids are lazy and have the social skills of a door nail. Just my opinion ;)

Finally got a smartphone when daughter said, "Dad, you don't have to be smart to have a smartphone."

And that is why kids are lazy and have the social skills of a door nail. Just my opinion ;)

You sound like the type who would have argued people driving cars are lazy because it doesn’t require you to saddle up a horse.

Work smarter not harder.

This idea that one can’t have social skills because of technology is laugh out loud funny.

My daughter got an iPad as a 2 year old and she is reported to us by her teachers as the most socially mature of the kids in her Kindergarten class.

We are a tool driven species; which while not unique in the animal kingdom, is not all that common. Tools and language are literally why we are the apex animal on the planet.

If an adult can’t right size technology adoption in their child (who will live in a world way more digital than someone born in the 1950s/1960s could really even imagine when they become the power broking age cohort) then that really exposes ill equipped parents/adults as much as it does the child.

“Nah you can keep your fancy sorcery app that real time updates traffic conditions while it routes you to your destination, I’ll take the paper map” ...famous last words of the gas lamp lighters.

LOL.

You sound like the type who would have argued people driving cars are lazy because it doesn’t require you to saddle up a horse.

Work smarter not harder.

This idea that one can’t have social skills because of technology is laugh out loud funny.

My daughter got an iPad as a 2 year old and she is reported to us by her teachers as the most socially mature of the kids in her Kindergarten class.

We are a tool driven species; which while not unique in the animal kingdom, is not all that common. Tools and language are literally why we are the apex animal on the planet.

If an adult can’t right size technology adoption in their child (who will live in a world way more digital than someone born in the 1950s/1960s could really even imagine when they become the power broking age cohort) then that really exposes ill equipped parents/adults as much as it does the child.

“Nah you can keep your fancy sorcery app that real time updates traffic conditions while it routes you to your destination, I’ll take the paper map” ...famous last words of the gas lamp lighters.

LOL.
We all have an opinion. But please don’t try and think you know what is best in my profession because I will humble you really quick. There is a lot more priorities in a response than to be wasting time with a GPS. That is one factor that needs to be eliminated as to have full attention on the more concerning needs and priorities while responding. Lots of communication going on, This isn’t “jeez I wonder the quickest route to my next sales call”. This is the “sh#t just hit the fan”. It is not the quickest route in, it is the best route in. That my friend is hard earned knowledge.

I am happy to hear that about your daughter.

We all have an opinion. But please don’t try and think you know what is best in my profession because I will humble you really quick. There is a lot more priorities in a response than to be wasting time with a GPS. That is one factor that needs to be eliminated as to have full attention on the more concerning needs and priorities while responding. Lots of communication going on, This isn’t “jeez I wonder the quickest route to my next sales call”. This is the “sh#t just hit the fan”. It is not the quickest route in, it is the best route in. That my friend is hard earned knowledge.

I am happy to hear that about your daughter.

Take it ease, Guy Montag.

Sure everyone can and does have an opinion...but that doesn’t make them equal in the eyes of truth. Unless of course you believe say a Flat Earther’s opinion that the Earth is flat is as reality based as your opinion that it is in fact a globe.

Other than my two roommates in college being firefighters (and one a fire “detective” out in Worcester) I know very little about your profession (in terms of the day to day logistics) nor do I really care to; just as you wouldn’t care about the day to day logistics of my profession.

But please, by all means, humble me. This should be fun

Always blew my mind when texting or emailing with my ex-wife, how she would often take my meaning to be 180' from what I was trying to say.

You are confusing the internet with the female species in general.

The culture is all BB as is the personnel on the field and the staff. Kraft has done jackshit any other reasonable owner wouldn't have also done.

It is pretty telling that you have to go to examples like Snyder to make any point at all. But yeah I guess our owner is better than the worst in the league. Great point.

Maybe you didnt notice but this is completely irrelevant to my point. Because none of this has happened SINCE he hired and let BB run the organization. Read with more care before you waste so many words on some entirely irrelevant.

Gilette stadium is not really anything unique to write home about and other teams also have their HoF and museums on location.

How is that relevant to his performance as Patriots owner? Apart from being a questionable human being for not spending more time with his dieing wife.

He didnt grow ****. With the tv contracts being that crazy and public interest remaining pretty high every of the 32 organizations is a money printer.

Add in the success he stumbled into with BB and Brady and he really didnt have to do anything special to grow that business except sit in his seat and embarrass fans and employees with semi-incoherent speeches after we win yet another title.

100% clueless troll. Go back to the Jets.

I read it long ago and had forgotten the specifics. I went back and reread. You are correct that I am wrong with my hotel comments. However I do stand by my comment that Kraft absolutely did not go there just to get a massage. Here's why:

First off, it's not sensible to assume that a premiere hotel would just sit on its hands if they run out of masseuses to provide. They of course have a contingency for that- It's either referral to another high quality spa, or summoning qualified freelancers.

Additionally, speaking of the article, here's something that stands out from the article and supports my premise:

"Some residents, when I asked them about Kraft, appeared puzzled that a man of such immense wealth would feel the need to leave his valeted residence for a massage, let alone sexual services. What horrified these residents most was that Kraft had gone “over the bridge.” Over the bridge is West Palm Beach, a service town on the mainland, where the support staffs live: maids, gardeners, doctors, judges—anyone who has to work for a living."

The need and craving for "excitement" often overwhelms common sense.. Why not an "incall" ??Perhaps that did not meet his need to "walk on the wild side"..

That is not justification, just some context for why men such as him seek this type of excitement.. The madam and the "masseuse" invited him back and he obliged. IMO they knew how to play to his ego and libido...

He spends approximately 20% of his time in Foxboro fer cryin’ out loud. He’s not a Judi Dench character counting doilies.

Yes, he’s not “one of us”. But he doesn’t melt when he leaves his estate gates. The Palm Beach folks the Vanity Fair article writer was referencing truly are America’s version of the Third Duchess of Snobsningdon.

Do you have any idea where that place was located? I do. I grew up down there. It ain’t what you’re making it out to be. It’s a strip mall massage parlor. People who can buy a skyscraper in Manhattan don’t end up there unless you’re looking for something in particular. For Early Bird Bobby, it was a little cheap Asian hand relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back