PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us grew up with bird. So we got to see a legend. But many of us also had to listen to bill Russell this and bill Russell that. Who deserves his accolades. But he wasn’t our player like Williams was not

Even Orr was pretty much gone before we were old enough to understand what we had so that was something we really never got to see

Finally now we have our own bill Russell a player who can easily rank up with the greatest team players of all time

And even with Orr. There is a peer in Gretzky. Brady won’t have a peer when he is done. He is up there with Ruth Jordan Gretzky etc. the elitist of elite

Last edited:
At the game yesterday there was some fat ignorant idiot behind me screaming for Garopollo the whole game. Really bizzare how blind some people are
I bet I had the same fat, ignorant idiot yelling for Khudobin to come in for Rask at a Bs game last year.

Last edited:
Many of us grew up with bird. So we got to see a legend. But many of us also had to listen to bill Russell this and bill Russell that. Who deserves his accolades. But he wasn’t our player like Williams was not

Even Orr was pretty much gone before we were old enough to understand what we had so that was something we really never got to see

Finally now we have our own bill Russell a player who can easily rank up with the greatest team players of all time

And even with Orr. There is a peer in Gretzky. Brady won’t have a peer when he is done. He is up there with Ruth Jordan Gretzky etc. the elitist of elite
For a second I was wondering who Ruth Jordan was.

:p

Given all this talk about Brady being elite, a few facts below regarding Brady's first 3 games of this season compared to Peyton Manning's entire 2015 season (10 games total)

Brady - 1092 yards, 8 td, 0 int
Manning - 2249 yards, 9 td, 17 int

I typically don't like to make comparisons as there are many variables, but in just 3 games Brady already accomplished half of what Manning did yardage wise, and essentially threw the same number of TD's with zero interceptions. This is the difference between normal QB's falling off and Brady. Yes, I know Manning had his injuries, just some trivial facts regarding the level that Brady is playing at. He is also leading the league in yards and TDs. Dude is playing lights out.

What a pleasure it is to be in the stadium and know if you put the game in his hands he wins like no one else can.
Anyone at that game today understands why talking about moving on from Brady because the backups contract is going to be up is insane.
Enjoy what you are witnessing, it may never happen again, and it's actuallly possible that we are currently seeing the best Tom Brady of his career.
And to think there are several people in this very forum who think Brady should "ride off into the sunset" at the end of this year.

All of the big sports have a very top tier, partly because of different roles for different players/positions, and partly because there's legit competition at the very top. Hockey has a trinity.

Orr
Gretzky
Howe

Basketball people like to fudge theirs a bit, but it's about 6 players or so, including three who were centers.

Russell
Chamberlain
Jabbar

In football, the number's either 3 or 4, depending on how you fall on the Rice inclusion. Brady's not going to separate from Brown or LT (and maybe Rice) because of positional differences. Nor should he, IMO. I'm comfortable with the Mount Rushmore approach.

All of the big sports have a very top tier, partly because of different roles for different players/positions, and partly because there's legit competition at the very top. Hockey has a trinity.

Orr
Gretzky
Howe

Basketball people like to fudge theirs a bit, but it's about 6 players or so, including three who were centers.

Russell
Chamberlain
Jabbar

In football, the number's either 3 or 4, depending on how you fall on the Rice inclusion. Brady's not going to separate from Brown or LT (and maybe Rice) because of positional differences. Nor should he, IMO. I'm comfortable with the Mount Rushmore approach.

Well he can be in the conversation with Rice. The argument with Montana has been long gone. The Montana lovers will always find ways to discredit brady. Montana's teams where stacked. Really stacked.

Orr
Gretzky
Howe

Russell
Chamberlain
Jabbar

Howe was special and kind of unique...he was pretty tame until Ted Lindsay got a hold of him. But I wouldn't put Gordie ahead of Richard, or Shore.

Anybody asserting that Gretzky is the greatest has a great case. People watching Wayne, or Lemieux, etc., would watch, smile, and cheer knowing they're being entertained.

People watching Orr would wind up scowling, jaws dropped, wondering if they really did just see what they actually just saw. He made whoever else was out there on the ice look like a bunch of bums. Taking everything into account, I think lifetime per game plus/minus leaders is the best statistical indication of Orr's incomparability. There's no one even close.

At the game yesterday there was some fat ignorant idiot behind me screaming for Garopollo the whole game. Really bizzare how blind some people are

So instead of starting threads here, they're now screaming drunkenly at Gillette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick