Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Did Kraft make the wrong decision choosing Belichick over Brady in 2020?

• Yes (RLKAM)

• No (RLKAM)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right. From 2014 to 2020 TB and BB the were litteraly in love with each another ... I even started to suspect Giselle become jealous... and left ...
The team had a window from the moment Tom agreed to take less money starting in 2014. They went to 4 SB’s, won 3 rings, then the well went dry.

I’m certain a four year run of Super Bowls creates a high stress environment… like many jobs. But I didn’t read National Enquirer Magazine, soap opera digest style Patriot reporting back in the day… so I didn’t believe most of the noise.

There was never a rivalry, it was two people working towards a common goal. Tom’s words.

Tom left in the end and was smart too, NE was broke and needed a full rebuild. Tampa was rich and had everything needed except a QB and a left tackle… kind of like the 2024 Patriots. (Though we could use another kicking prospect and some weapons depth also.)

The team had a window from the moment Tom agreed to take less money starting in 2014. They went to 4 SB’s, won 3 rings, then the well went dry.

I’m certain a four year run of Super Bowls creates a high stress environment… like many jobs. But I didn’t read National Enquirer Magazine, soap opera digest style Patriot reporting back in the day… so I didn’t believe most of the noise.

There was never a rivalry, it was two people working towards a common goal. Tom’s words.

Tom left in the end and was smart too, NE was broke and needed a full rebuild. Tampa was rich and had everything needed except a QB and a left tackle… kind of like the 2024 Patriots. (Though we could use another kicking prospect and some weapons depth also.)
It was not just noise. And it is not needed to believe some
soap opera digest style Patriot reporting
to understand what happened. There are press conferences, inteviews, contract and draft choices, and actions that speak louder than any spin or interested speculation. For me the "nothing to see here" narrative is just as unrelialable and naive as any "soap opera" reporting.
Oh and, by the way, not all journalists or pundits are charlatans ... some are some are not ...

This thread isn't about who is better or more important between them. The question is whether BB made the right decision letting Brady go to prove he can win without him. And it's obvious that was a horrible decision.
I’m sorry I thought the threads title was Brady vs. Bellichik: The Final Poll. My Bad.

It was not just noise. And it is not needed to believe some

to understand what happened. There are press conferences, inteviews, contract and draft choices, and actions that speak louder than any spin or interested speculation. For me the "nothing to see here" narrative is just as unrelialable and naive as any "soap opera" reporting.
Oh and, by the way, not all journalists or pundits are charlatans ... some are some are not ...
No, you’re right, most legit Pat’s journalists like Mike Reis didn’t engage in junk journalism or give any credence to hacks like Wickersham or pretend his reports were legitimate.

In spots like this one though, the junk journalism gets amplified and glue sniffers insist it’s absolutely true.

On sports radio, lazy talking heads repeat junk journalism because it helps them fill up 24 hours of talk radio, even though they know it’s BS.

I was posting about the Pat’s bad roster and cap situation at the end of the 2019 season, long before Brady announced he was leaving or 2020 began… I said he’d be smart to go and it would be smart for the team to rebuild. There are receipts.

Some of us were dealing in truths and the cold hard facts of math… but most of us get drowned out by the morons.

I’m sorry I thought the threads title was Brady vs. Bellichik: The Final Poll. My Bad.
Bill is losing ground in the poll. It started around 60/40 Brady and is now up to 72/28.

No, you’re right, most legit Pat’s journalists like Mike Reis didn’t engage in junk journalism or give any credence to hacks like Wickersham or pretend his reports were legitimate.

In spots like this one though, the junk journalism gets amplified and glue sniffers insist it’s absolutely true.

On sports radio, lazy talking heads repeat junk journalism because it helps them fill up 24 hours of talk radio, even though they know it’s BS.

I was posting about the Pat’s bad roster and cap situation at the end of the 2019 season, long before Brady announced he was leaving or 2020 began… I said he’d be smart to go and it would be smart for the team to rebuild. There are receipts.

Some of us were dealing in truths and the cold hard facts of math… but most of us get drowned out by the morons.
In HS all I ever got in math were A's. But the whole B v B thing isn't about math. It's about emotions. I wanted Brady to finish his career here, just as he wanted.

All sides in the debate have clout with the media and get their say. The only ones **** out of luck with no voice are the fans.

In HS all I ever got in math were A's. But the whole B v B thing isn't about math. It's about emotions. I wanted Brady to finish his career here, just as he wanted.

All sides in the debate have clout with the media and get their say. The only ones **** out of luck with no voice are the fans.
No doubt it’s about emotions. Here’s Tom talking about Bill when asked about him.

Tom hated BB… no doubt about it. He was angered to tears.

Fans are rubes for gossip. Good luck with that.

This is Wozzy. Lol

I question whether you know how a shower cap works. But yeah, take away DMC, add Brady and that 2020 team is instantly awesome.

QB fanboys…. delusional.
The team is not awesome. It is better. That means it has a better chance of winning. Not sure what your point is?

Last edited:
The team is not awesome. The is better. That means it has a better chance of winning. Not sure what your point is?
The 2020 team with no McCourty would have failed to make the playoffs.

Brady was 43 years old, he wasn't coming back for a rebuild. Get real.

So what? I am real. The question is not whether it made playoffs or not made playoffs or etc.

The question is do we have a better team with Brady and without McCourty, if we could only afford one of them. In my mind the answer is ABSOLUTELY yes. Maybe you disagree. And I think the front office made a horrible mistake retaining McCourty and letting Brady go.

So what? I am real. The question is not whether it made playoffs or not made playoffs or etc.

The question is do we have a better team with Brady and without McCourty, if we could only afford one of them. In my mind the answer is ABSOLUTELY yes. Maybe you disagree. And I think the front office made a horrible mistake retaining McCourty and letting Brady go.
Brady was a free agent. He chose to leave. You act like the Patriots had a choice. They didn't.

Move on with your lives.

At 43, Brady had 40 td passes and 4633 yards. To say that team does not make the playoffs with Brady is silly, especially trying to use his age as a factor

At 43, Brady had 40 td passes and 4633 yards. To say that team does not make the playoffs with Brady is silly, especially trying to use his age as a factor
lol for two years prior to Tom’s arrival in Tampa the Buc’s ranked #1 in the entire NFL in passing yards and were #3 in passing TD’s. They had Fitzpatrick and Jameis at QB.

They had the greatest collection of weapons in the NFL, one of the best lines, one of the best defenses. Good grief…

The 2020 Patriots were devoid of talent, they had the third most dead cap entering that season, they had a few players at the top with bloated cap hits because they used those contracts in prior years to sign players at the trade deadline and they had roughly 11-12 starters or major contributors to re-sign or replace… including the QB position, the most expensive position in football.

You suggesting the 2020 Buc’s roster is in anyway similar to the Patriots roster or that Tom’s QB magic could have elevated one of the worst rosters in the NFL to a playoff contender is a serious QB fanboy *.

lol for two years prior to Tom’s arrival in Tampa the Buc’s ranked #1 in the entire NFL in passing yards and were #3 in passing TD’s. They had Fitzpatrick and Jameis at QB.

They had the greatest collection of weapons in the NFL, one of the best lines, one of the best defenses. Good grief…

The 2020 Patriots were devoid of talent, they had the third most dead cap entering that season, they had a few players at the top with bloated cap hits because they used those contracts in prior years to sign players at the trade deadline and they had roughly 11-12 starters or major contributors to re-sign or replace… including the QB position, the most expensive position in football.

You suggesting the 2020 Buc’s roster is in anyway similar to the Patriots roster or that Tom’s QB magic could have elevated one of the worst rosters in the NFL to a playoff contender is a serious QB fanboy *.
2019 roster was awful, just awful and Brady got them to 12 wins.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back