PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to hold out of OTAs? - (Bogus Borges Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I would be surprised if he lost his job. The Boston sports media loves toxic personalities like Borges, Tomase, and Felger. If Tomase still has a job, Borges will have a job. None of the Boston papers have shown any real shred of journalistic credibility.
Borges can always go to the Indy Star with his pals Kravitz and Doyel. They'll love him there.

I knew once they hired Big O that midday show would turn into a frat party.

Shoulda kept that chubby fingered toad where he was.
Yup, and phony Merloni fits in perfectly with the other two.

The thing that kills me is how every excitable parrot with a megaphone spread the word. All the major news outlets picked this up and put their own hot take on it.

Then it blew up and silence.
Tom E Curran was one of the few who set things straight early on.

Also, nice that Twitter captured Borges's "Brady wants to get paid" scoop for all time.

Should be used in journalism school, if such schools still exist.

Also, nice that Twitter captured Borges's "Brady wants to get paid" scoop for all time.

Yep and that's what SHOULD happen.

The fine art of validating a story before reporting it is gone. Everyone needs to be part of the near real time news cycle

Last edited:

It exists. That’s where they teach writers to do hit pieces on the pats.

Honestly, I would be surprised if he lost his job. The Boston sports media loves toxic personalities like Borges, Tomase, and Felger. If Tomase still has a job, Borges will have a job. None of the Boston papers have shown any real shred of journalistic credibility.

I don’t disagree that these organizations have low to no standards but Borges is a dinasaur at a paper that was just sold. All employees there have to re apply for their jobs, whether that’s taken place yet is something im not sure if. Either way they are all on thin ice, and lying about “ sources” and forcing a retraction, yet again, is going to effect his standing there seriously. And while I generally don’t root for people to get fired Borges is an exception, especially since his agenda has always been driven by his desire to see Belichick fired. And as absurd as that may seem now it was far from that at the beginning of his tenure. And, as I said before, Borges losing his job because of his agenda is as good an example of karmic justice as you could find.

I don’t disagree that these organizations have low to no standards but Borges is a dinasaur at a paper that was just sold. All employees there have to re apply for their jobs, whether that’s taken place yet is something im not sure if. Either way they are all on thin ice, and lying about “ sources” and forcing a retraction, yet again, is going to effect his standing there seriously. And while I generally don’t root for people to get fired Borges is an exception, especially since his agenda has always been driven by his desire to see Belichick fired. And as absurd as that may seem now it was far from that at the beginning of his tenure. And, as I said before, Borges losing his job because of his agenda is as good an example of karmic justice as you could find.

I certainly hope you're right.

Ultimately the only thing that matters to me is that Borges loses his HOF voting privilege. He’s disgraced his profession on multiple occasions and he has no business voting for the HOF.

Eh, just because you don't like his (insane) opinions doesn't mean you should take away his voting rights. That's like saying you should take away someone's voting rights because you disagree with them politically.

Eh, just because you don't like his (insane) opinions doesn't mean you should take away his voting rights. That's like saying you should take away someone's voting rights because you disagree with them politically.
Can't agree with this. I don't think "rights" applies for HOF voters.

Regards,
Chris

No it's not.

There's no such thing as a "right" to vote on who gets in a sports hall of fame.

Voting for the HOF is a privilege, Borges is grossly unethical and he’s been caught for both plagiarism and now lying about “ sources.” That disqualifies him from having that privilege imo, and that’s not an unreasonable position by any means.

No it's not.

There's no such thing as a "right" to vote on who gets in a sports hall of fame.

If he fit the criteria for a vote, then he should have one. Just like you need to meet criteria when you vote in a political election.

If he fit the criteria for a vote, then he should have one. Just like you need to meet criteria when you vote in a political election.

Poor analogy, voting is a right, voting for the HOF is a privilege, Borges has violated journalistic ethics repeatedly and that justifies taking his vote away.

Poor analogy, voting is a right, voting for the HOF is a privilege, Borges has violated journalistic ethics repeatedly and that justifies taking his vote away.

Your right to vote can be taken away too if you've been convicted of a felony.

I would say Borges has definitely been guilty of at least 2 journalistic "felonies" now.

Strip his right to vote.

Surprised the thread headline hasn't changed.

Your right to vote can be taken away too if you've been convicted of a felony.

Yep.

What’s your point?

Why should a writer who was caught plagiarizing and falsifying sources be given the honor of voting for the Hall of Fame?

The thing that kills me is how every excitable parrot with a megaphone spread the word. All the major news outlets picked this up and put their own hot take on it.

Then it blew up and silence.

Not from what I'm hearing. I was driving down to GA last night and all I was hearing was how Borges screwed up. One guy was ripping Borges for "sources" and for not checking his story. "Every profession has a line that you do not cross and every employee knows what that line is". Just pure gold.

Nick didn't dupe Borges rather he exposed him for the POS he is. "Sources" . Give me a f'ing break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes