PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to hold out of OTAs? - (Bogus Borges Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. And Tomase can be heard complaining about how STUPID PATRIOTS FANS INSULT HIM AND WONT LET GO.

Got to say, Borges used to write fascinating boxing columns back in the day. He was both connected and passionate, and he always stood up for the athletes vs. the promoters in an absolute meat grinder of a sport. Now he’s just a bloated caricature, but it would be wrong to omit that he used to bring the goods.

Tomase should be better than he is too, he has talent and intelligence, but that stench of poor ethics and weak character permeate all his contributions.
Borges's writing talent, at least to me, has never been an issue. Dan Shaughnessy, Bob Ryan, Steve Buckley, Chris Gasper, Kevin Mannix - all talented writers, a trait they have/had in common. Unfortunately, another trait they have/had in common is an irrational hatred for Bill Belichick. With all of these guys, at least in my opinion, it became personal. It became personal when Belichick didn't bow down to their self-perceived royalty as Knights of the Keyboard (Ted Williams's '50s spot-on derisive name for conceited reporters.). They just can't stomach the fact that Bill doesn't give 2 flying f###s about them. I've read brilliantly-written pieces authored by every one of them over the decades, but one undeniable fact about them all remains: they're all talented, yet insecure ***holes who can't stomach the fact that a guy like Belichick is smarter, more successful and more admired by the local masses than they are. And it makes them insanely angry. Just my take.

As much as I hate to see a lynch mob forming (even with Borges as a target) he makes some good points. Borges took one sentence from a text message, didn't ask "Yee" for any clarification, used the word "sources" in his article, and did no cross checking (unless of course he has more than troll in his "sources"). The whole proposition was out of character for Brady yet Borges just went with it.

You may be right.

"Sources " is the absolute kicker in all this. Haha

Lying prick. Not only got easily and willingly duped but he also lied about it.

Punchy will be out at some well known watering hole in Boston drowning his sorrows. He'll get nasty drunk and pick a fight with some gorilla who proceeds to smash his skull in like a rotten cantaloupe. Lord Hear Our Prayer.
If past form and history hold true, Punchy's gorilla will be in a wheelchair...

I Agree. I’ve only called in to WEEI twice and both times it was to ask Tomase to explain his story about Matt Walsh. This past Saturday I asked him if he was going to make up another lie Super Bowl morning. I think too many people forget what Tomase did in 2007.
If you think about it, the original lie created and perpetuated by Tomase is still so believed on such a widespread basis that the Eagles last week took steps to keep the Patriots from watching and/or taping their practices. Now, that's damage.

Shaugnessy with "if the Pats lost to Seattle and Atlanta they would be on a 5 game losing streak" and Borges with this article, truly a great day for Boston Sports media.. maybe next week they can all get together for a "Conspiracy ***********" with Felger and Bertram(tee hee, tee hee!!)..

Remember the days of Gammons, Montville, McDonough etc. ??Sportswriters used to dominate in this part of the country, they were put on a very high pedestal, now they are all off somewhere seeking "likes" in this social media world and compromising their craft..

I think he’s done this hundreds and hundreds of times, this time he got caught.
We (Patsfan.com) haven't given him any good stories lately. Our bad, sorry Ron. Probably was a little boozy when that call came in from the "Don Yee."

I think he’s done this hundreds and hundreds of times, this time he got caught.

The thing that kills me is how every excitable parrot with a megaphone spread the word. All the major news outlets picked this up and put their own hot take on it.

Then it blew up and silence.

The other fallout was dumbass Fauria imitating Yee with an Asian accent. He's suspended for 5 days. I wish it was 5 years

It won’t be long until he gets suspended again. I used to listen to them at times and he would do his “ Lavar Ball” imitation, which is really Mr.T, anytime he wanted to imitate a black athlete. Fauria is a dope.

It won’t be long until he gets suspended again. I used to listen to them at times and he would do his “ Lavar Ball” imitation, which is really Mr.T, anytime he wanted to imitate a black athlete. Fauria is a dope.
He really is dumb. I genuinely don't think he's a bigot but you just don't do that kind of thing.

Borges's writing talent, at least to me, has never been an issue. Dan Shaughnessy, Bob Ryan, Steve Buckley, Chris Gasper, Kevin Mannix - all talented writers, a trait they have/had in common. Unfortunately, another trait they have/had in common is an irrational hatred for Bill Belichick. With all of these guys, at least in my opinion, it became personal. It became personal when Belichick didn't bow down to their self-perceived royalty as Knights of the Keyboard (Ted Williams's '50s spot-on derisive name for conceited reporters.). They just can't stomach the fact that Bill doesn't give 2 flying f###s about them. I've read brilliantly-written pieces authored by every one of them over the decades, but one undeniable fact about them all remains: they're all talented, yet insecure ***holes who can't stomach the fact that a guy like Belichick is smarter, more successful and more admired by the local masses than they are. And it makes them insanely angry. Just my take.

I'm fortunate to work with some of the world's best environmental journalists. It has become clear to me that the best ones do a lot of work to identify their own biases, analyze how those biases might influence their take on a story, and compensate for this in their investigative work and writing.

The guys above you mention seem to have completely lost this fundamental quality of a journalist, substituting instead a careerist agenda that provides them a certain standard of living but no integrity to their careers. Sad, really.

I'm fortunate to work with some of the world's best environmental journalists. It has become clear to me that the best ones do a lot of work to identify their own biases, analyze how those biases might influence their take on a story, and compensate for this in their investigative work and writing.

The guys above you mention seem to have completely lost this fundamental quality of a journalist, substituting instead a careerist agenda that provides them a certain standard of living but no integrity to their careers. Sad, really.
I understand what you're saying. With lots of talented writers, such as those I included previously, I think they start off OK but their early success and well-deserved praise gradually change them into self-centered, conceited. SOBs who think the sports journal world revolves around them. Then a guy like BB comes around and their reaction is "Who the hell is this guy who won't kowtow to me?". Then it morphs into jealous hatred. I'm not any sort of psychologist, amateur or otherwise, but that's just the way I see it.

I know it's been said but it bears repeating: Borges is almost always bogus. There's a reason the two words sound the same.

We don't need to create a thread for every bogus Borges article. Maybe make a new one if he ever actually isn't lying through his teeth.

I know it's been said but it bears repeating: Borges is almost always bogus. There's a reason the two words sound the same.

We don't need to create a thread for every bogus Borges article. Maybe make a new one if he ever actually isn't lying through his teeth.

This is different, this will most likely cost Borges his job, and the karma of it is as sweet as it gets. Borges agenda ends up costing him his job, it doesn’t get more perfect than that.

The other fallout was dumbass Fauria imitating Yee with an Asian accent. He's suspended for 5 days. I wish it was 5 years
I agree. Acts like a giggling middle-schooler in the cafeteria at lunch.

Agree completely, I don’t believe he’s a bigot either, just an idiot.
Couldn't agree more. For crissakes he's racially mixed himself. He's just an eternally immature jerk-off who mistakenly believes he's an accomplished comedian.

This is different, this will most likely cost Borges his job, and the karma of it is as sweet as it gets. Borges agenda ends up costing him his job, it doesn’t get more perfect than that.

Honestly, I would be surprised if he lost his job. The Boston sports media loves toxic personalities like Borges, Tomase, and Felger. If Tomase still has a job, Borges will have a job. None of the Boston papers have shown any real shred of journalistic credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back