PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to hold out of OTAs? - (Bogus Borges Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not from what I'm hearing. I was driving down to GA last night and all I was hearing was how Borges screwed up. One guy was ripping Borges for "sources" and for not checking his story. "Every profession has a line that you do not cross and every employee knows what that line is". Just pure gold.

Nick didn't dupe Borges rather he exposed him for the POS he is. "Sources" . Give me a f'ing break.
OK.

Cris Carter went on a diatribe re: Brady taking control.

Borges's writing talent, at least to me, has never been an issue. Dan Shaughnessy, Bob Ryan, Steve Buckley, Chris Gasper, Kevin Mannix - all talented writers, a trait they have/had in common. Unfortunately, another trait they have/had in common is an irrational hatred for Bill Belichick.
There is no shortage of Boston athletes - current and retired - with whom Shank Shaughnessy has a personal vendetta. It's a shame too because the man is a talented writer. I very much enjoy reading his books because those leave out the venom and bile. His columns, however, are spiteful tripe. It has been years since I've read one, but I feel safe in assuming he hasn't changed.

Last edited:
Eh, just because you don't like his (insane) opinions doesn't mean you should take away his voting rights. That's like saying you should take away someone's voting rights because you disagree with them politically.
Horrible analogy. Citizens voting is a Constitutional right. Being a media member and voting for HOF entry is an honor which someone with all his personal vendettas does not deserve. He represents the Patriots in the balloting and nominee process.

I understand what you're saying. With lots of talented writers, such as those I included previously, I think they start off OK but their early success and well-deserved praise gradually change them into self-centered, conceited. SOBs who think the sports journal world revolves around them. Then a guy like BB comes around and their reaction is "Who the hell is this guy who won't kowtow to me?". Then it morphs into jealous hatred. I'm not any sort of psychologist, amateur or otherwise, but that's just the way I see it.

I think it's more trying to stay relevant than hatred. Their paper is dying, layoffs are happening and they need to scrape a few more years together to get their retirement. Clickbaiting has become their profession.

OK.

Cris Carter went on a diatribe re: Brady taking control.

Wow. Maybe I've grown a hawtake immunity or something but I find idiots spewing dummassary hilarious. Not because of what they're saying but because they are ignorantly joining the "earth is flat" club. Some idiots aren't even selling their souls for clicks it's just they are simply that stupid. hahaha

There is no shortage of Boston athletes - current and retired - with whom Shank Shaughnessy has a personal vendetta. It's a shame too because the man is a talented writer. I very much enjoy reading his books because those leave out the venom and bile. His columns, however, are spiteful tripe. It has been years since I've read one, but I feel safe in assuming he hasn't changed.
Your assumption, though well-founded, is incorrect. He's gotten worse. He holds a grudge with certain people forever: all of the Krafts, Belichick, Ortiz, Calipari and others. If he senses even a passing scent in the air related to "cheating", no matter how flimsy or unfounded, he goes balls to the wall ballistic on them. However, his greatest disdain is reserved for us, the fans of the local teams. To him, we're a combination of gum and dog s### stuck to the bottom of his shoe.

Your assumption, though well-founded, is incorrect. He's gotten worse. He holds a grudge with certain people forever: all of the Krafts, Belichick, Ortiz, Calipari and others. If he senses even a passing scent in the air related to "cheating", no matter how flimsy or unfounded, he goes balls to the wall ballistic on them. However, his greatest disdain is reserved for us, the fans of the local teams. To him, we're a combination of gum and dog s### stuck to the bottom of his shoe.
Yeah, it is an interesting thing how he mocks and ridicules the very people who are responsible for the large salary he draws down.

Columnist suspended after false Tom Brady story

Apparently he got fooled into thinking that Brady wanted an extension just as rich as Garappolo's new contract or he would hold out. Of course he didn't check to make sure his news was legit, just ran with it and printed the fake news. And then once they found out it was FAKE the Herald suspended his column for it.

I'm surprised to hear this joke of a journalist still had an active column in Boston. He got what he deserved! Can't stand the guy! Can't believe he is still covering Boston sports.

You want fake news? This is how you get fake news. Buh Bye, Borges!

We know

WHOA!!! Before you know it this will go viral and everyone will be talking about it! Glad I was among the first to hear it here!!!!

@VJCPatriot . Who are your "sources" or are you making **** up again?

I looked today for a retraction in the paper as large as the story they printed. I must have missed it. I am totally surprised, maybe Carr will write about it?

Columnist suspended after false Tom Brady story

Apparently he got fooled into thinking that Brady wanted an extension just as rich as Garappolo's new contract or he would hold out. Of course he didn't check to make sure his news was legit, just ran with it and printed the fake news. And then once they found out it was FAKE the Herald suspended his column for it.

I'm surprised to hear this joke of a journalist still had an active column in Boston. He got what he deserved! Can't stand the guy! Can't believe he is still covering Boston sports.

So who is more responsible? The individual journalist who history has shown will jump at anything that'll get him attention, or the institution that gives him the platform without adequate safety measures in place for someone with his historic pattern of behavior?

If only he had short spiked hair that was bleached red and wore hipster glasses. Then he wouldn’t be suspended like everyone else at the Herald who has ran fake news in recent years.

However, his greatest disdain is reserved for us, the fans of the local teams. To him, we're a combination of gum and dog s### stuck to the bottom of his shoe.

What he and the other senile old farts such as shanknancy don't seem to understand or accept, is that thanks to the advent of messageboards like this, twitter, and other social media outlets, fans are much smarter and more knowledgeable about the game of football than they were 20, or even 10 years ago. The fans and the game have long since overtaken those pathetic drama queens, not that they ever really knew much about the game in the first place.

I guarantee you we know just about 99% of whatever happens in the NFL before they do, because we come to this board and the majority of us have twitter. So it's not surprisingly they desperately whore anything that has the remotest scent of "breaking news."

Ultimately the only thing that matters to me is that Borges loses his HOF voting privilege. He’s disgraced his profession on multiple occasions and he has no business voting for the HOF.
I emailed the HOF asking what their standards are. I don't expect an answer. I think I'll email them every day. If Bourgeois is fired then I'll ask who his replacement will be.

I emailed the HOF asking what their standards are. I don't expect an answer. I think I'll email them every day. If Bourgeois is fired then I'll ask who his replacement will be.

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes