PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Sr. Says what I’ve been saying all along.

No. He's wrong because he let a franchise player still at the top of his game leave the building. That's why he was wrong. It's pretty simple. If TB is a top QB this year again? Or the next? Forget that he won the SB that has no bearing either. You don't let guys like that leave you figure it out.
Hollyweird should make a movie about this. It could be titled Bill and Bob's Biggest Blunder.

Maybe. Time will tell. Could get worse before it gets better. Rock bottom could have been yesterday. Rock bottom could be next week or in December. Don't know.
This is where I think I differ from many fans. After the run we've been on (no matter who fans think was more responsible) if the team went 7-9 every year I'd still be as happy as a pig in slop. Of course I'd like to see them do better, but we're playing with house money. We were given incredible memories for two decades. It was like watching Orr with the Bruins only with an extra decade and a handful more titles.

Getting a long-term commitment was Brady's biggest ask it would be for any player of his stature and age. He may not have been 100 percent happy but he would have felt the team was committed to him and that would have went a long way as it had for the past 19 years.
Brady didn't have to be happy. He just had to be under contract here.

This is where I think I differ from many fans. After the run we've been on (no matter who fans think was more responsible) if the team went 7-9 every year I'd still be as happy as a pig in slop. Of course I'd like to see them do better, but we're playing with house money. We were given incredible memories for two decades. It was like watching Orr with the Bruins only with an extra decade and a handful more titles.
Not me. I don't want to be coming in every year 3rd in the division just above the suckazz Jete.

Fv&k that sh!!t. No fv&king way.

To me it looks like both sides want nothing to do with all the nonsense. I wouldn't want my dad speaking out but Tom's has done it many times and I don't think Tom is the type of guy to tell his dad to shut his mouth. Maybe this week will be a bit more quiet than expected if both guys just don't give the press anything more.
The press doesn't need anything from anyone. They can just make things up.

IMO those of us who have been around 3+ decades and have seen the worst of the worst have a little more patience with rebuilds than those who are accustomed to a AFCCG appearance every year.

IMO those of us who have been around 3+ decades and have seen the worst of the worst have a little more patience with rebuilds than those who are accustomed to a AFCCG appearance every year.
STOP. You're ready to fire Bill next year if he misses playoffs this year and next. I agree with you.

Losing seasons are fine if they’re making sound decisions but just getting unlucky and/or not able to acquire the right QB despite the best efforts.

I’d like to see the organization not be a dysfunctional mess, which I believe it is now.

Haven't read the whole thread... Two? Days ago Jerry Callahan at barstool dropped a quote from the Atlantic iirc into one of his columns... Said after? 2019 season Pats made a 2 yr 53 million dollar offer to keep Brady here... Pretty much the same offer he got from tampon bay...

Tom turned them down.

Haven't read the whole thread... Two? Days ago Jerry Callahan at barstool dropped a quote from the Atlantic iirc into one of his columns... Said after? 2019 season Pats made a 2 yr 53 million dollar offer to keep Brady here... Pretty much the same offer he got from tampon bay...

Tom turned them down
They didn't guarantee anything more than 1 year at a time in any deal they offered since 2017 if I'm not mistaken.

Brady didn't have to be happy. He just had to be under contract here.
Can't agree. Hated watching 2019 Brady sulking after Kraft ejected Antonio Brown.

Yeah I remember that article but that's what I mean, it wasn't guaranteed. You could of cut him after 1 year and Brady wanted a guaranteed contract. I believe a few reports showed that contract was only guaranteed in the first year. Tom Curran said so in a few interviews and even that wickergarbage guy said today he thinks Tom would of stayed if he got his contract.

Yeah I remember that article but that's what I mean, it wasn't guaranteed. You could of cut him after 1 year and Brady wanted a guaranteed contract. I believe a few reports showed that contract was only guaranteed in the first year. Tom Curran said so in a few interviews and even that wickergarbage guy said today he thinks Tom would of stayed if he got his contract.
i see nothing there to suggest that it was a one year deal. I see nothing to suggest it wasn't guaranteed.

and i add: i did not read the full Jeff Howe article. If you have access, c&p, then post it.

i see nothing there to suggest that it was a one year deal. I see nothing to suggest it wasn't guaranteed.
It wasn't. Just because the one article you clicked on doesn't say it doesn't mean it's not true. I wouldn't bet my life on it but I've seen from more than one source now that it was essentially a 1 year deal.

Bob said after Tom signed with Tampa he was willing to match their offer but Tom said he was moving on.

You think he’s telling the truth? He basically said he was going to override Bill to sign Tom. I don’t believe it because Bob would’ve already had him signed before hitting FA.

The other rumor was that Tom would’ve re-signed if Bill personally spoke to him and told him he wanted him back. He never did, so Tom moved on.

Starts around 1 min mark talking about the 2019 2 year deal. Look if they would of really offered that he would be here.

It wasn't. Just because the one article you clicked on doesn't say it doesn't mean it's not true. I wouldn't bet my life on it but I've seen from more than one source now that it was essentially a 1 year deal.
Really? Huh...

Many sources? this is the first time I'm hearing about a 2 year 50 million dollar plus contract offer that was made... not that I've read everything regarding this...

But it fits squarely with my thought that Brady wanted out, and no matter what the Pats offered, he was gone. The literal evidence of that being the insistence on the no tag clause... Otherwise the Pats could have sat on him year to year for two more seasons with the tag...

edit: thanks for the vid... will watch when i get home... in the office now

That is my understanding as well.

There wasn't a 2yr offer or an offer on any level that was interesting to Tom in 2019.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back