PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Sr. Says what I’ve been saying all along.

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
That Bill forced him out.

“My feeling is that Tommy is extraordinarily appreciative of everything that happened during his New England career, and he’s more than happy than that he’s moved on, because it was pretty obvious that the Patriot regime felt that it was time for him to move on,” Brady Sr. said during the podcast. “And frankly it may well have been the perfect (time) for Belichick to move on from him. On the other hand, I think the Tampa Bay Bucs are pretty happy that the decision was made in Foxboro that they (couldn’t) afford him or didn’t want to keep him when his last contract came up.”

But because in the 2019 season he had finally decided he wanted out that somehow makes his desire for a long extension after the 2016,17,18 seasons that Bill kept denying him irrelevant.

Everyone with a brain knows that this was on the team, not the player. The player had tried, for years, to get a real contract done. For whatever reason, the team refused, instead doing stupid **** like adding incentives that were going to be difficult, if not impossible, to earn.

And, while we're at it, let's dispel the "Kraft let him go" line of ********. The QB franchise tag number for 2020 was $26,824,000.

But because in the 2019 season he had finally decided he wanted out that somehow makes his desire for a long extension after the 2016,17,18 seasons that Bill kept denying him irrelevant.
This is like the Crygate situation in reverse. The Pats violated the wording of a memo in 2006 and that made the 2001, 03 and 04 SBs worthy of an asterisk.

Well i was right, it was a book. lol
Doesn't mean its inaccurate portrayal of what happened or at least what he was told.. The author apparently interviewed a lot of people including Kraft.

If you’re writing this book, how can you neglect to ask this question, or not put forth the answer you were given:

Given that your two Hall of Fame players were telling you they were hesitant to play for Bill Belichick, and both considered leaving the team over his style, did you ever consider moving on from Belichick?

If you’re writing this book, how can you neglect to ask this question, or not put forth the answer you were given:

Given that your two Hall of Fame players were telling you they were hesitant to play for Bill Belichick, and both considered leaving the team over his style, did you ever consider moving on from Belichick?
Damn right!

The strange thing is, just mentioning that in the main forum could start a sh!tstorm, even though Bill's an under .500 HC without Brady and it's an appropriate question to ask Kraft.

I know this would launch Team Bill into a frenzy but I don't know why keeping Tom over Bill is some sort of outlandish suggestion. If Bill was in his late 50's instead of his late 60's and Tom was still the same age I could see the argument since you would get more time out of Bill but both are very close to the end. As far as I am concerned I would have always kept the player over the coach especially with that player being Brady. He runs the offense, he knows what type of players he likes to play with, and I assume he still has/had a good relationship with Josh. Let Bill coach with his first love, the Giants, and keep Brady, Gronk, Gronk and Josh.

I know this would launch Team Bill into a frenzy but I don't know why keeping Tom over Bill is some sort of outlandish suggestion. If Bill was in his late 50's instead of his late 60's and Tom was still the same age I could see the argument since you would get more time out of Bill but both are very close to the end. As far as I am concerned I would have always kept the player over the coach especially with that player being Brady. He runs the offense, he knows what type of players he likes to play with, and I assume he still has/had a good relationship with Josh. Let Bill coach with his first love, the Giants, and keep Brady, Gronk, Gronk and Josh.
If the Pats made that choice I'd hope they'd find someone better than Josh as coach. He was not a good coach in Denver and was also punished by the league for being stupid enough to tape another team's practice.

But yeah Bill loves the Giants organization. I'm really curious to find out in Wickersham's book how close Bill really was to going there.

Why on earth would you keep Tom and Gronk for a few years, when they are on the verge of retirement, over Bill?

If the Pats made that choice I'd hope they'd find someone better than Josh as coach. He was not a good coach in Denver and was also punished by the league for being stupid enough to tape another team's practice.

But yeah Bill loves the Giants organization. I'm really curious to find out in Wickersham's book how close Bill really was to going there.
I wouldn't love Josh as the next HC either but in my hypothetical Josh is just there to keep some continuity and him and Brady essentially collaborate as the OC/playcaller.

Reactions: sb1

Arians is a clown and Brady won with him. I think HC is secondary. Just let Brady run the O with Gronk and AB and all will be well.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back