PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Sr. Says what I’ve been saying all along.

That is my understanding as well.

There wasn't a 2yr offer or an offer on any level that was interesting to Tom in 2019.
going to look at the stuff tonight... find the jeff howe interview on nesn, see exactly what he had to say...

as I stated, i haven't read everything related... this just fits with my theory that Brady wanted out, regardless

going to look at the stuff tonight... find the jeff howe interview on nesn, see exactly what he had to say...

as I stated, i haven't read everything related... this just fits with my theory that Brady wanted out, regardless
I think he wanted out as well. He wasn't getting what he wanted and the Bob and Bill weren't giving it to him.

I think he wanted out as well. He wasn't getting what he wanted and the Bob and Bill weren't giving it to him.
Bill wasn't going to give a 2 year guaranteed deal to someone that old. If he regrets that now is not the point even though I'd think he does, it just wasn't going to happen. It didn't happen in 2017. Then again every year after that. The incentives added to the Brady contract to bump him to up to like top defensive salary were hard to achieve and must of been a slap in the face. I'm sure that after it was obvious in 2019 that he wasn't going to be able to get that contract you would be correct that he had enough. That's when he agreed to the 1 year restructure but had them add the franchise tag clause. Lots of noise with weapons and his trainer and this and that but really it was about job security if you simplify all this down to one thing. IMO of course. It must of been hard for Brady to be MVP, to win another SB and year by year he couldn't even get the same guarantees that a guy like Drew Brees was getting while wetting the bed every year in the playoffs.

Losing seasons are fine if they’re making sound decisions but just getting unlucky and/or not able to acquire the right QB despite the best efforts.

I’d like to see the organization not be a dysfunctional mess, which I believe it is now.
Coming into the season everything I assumed would be our strengths have been pretty glaring weaknesses so far. Defense, offensive line, run game, and coaching. The defense looks old and slow and can't stop the run. The offensive line is a mess and not just the injury replacements at RT. Wynn looks pretty bad and even Andrews has had some bad plays. Harris, outside of two long runs, is looking average at best, White is done, Stevenson who looked great in preseason is in the doghouse, and worst of all Brandon Bolden is getting carries with the game on the line. But to me the most glaring has been coaching. These numerous packages on defense don't seem to be working and they look sloppy and confused. 10 men on the field, stupid penalties, and overall unprepared play. Bill had a few head scratchers last year as far as coaching moves but this year looks even worse so far.

Last edited:
just go to the 39:50 and listen to Stan Brady

Can't agree. Hated watching 2019 Brady sulking after Kraft ejected Antonio Brown.
I was okay with 2019 because they got to 12-4, which was more like a 13-3 because the KC game was stolen. With all the injuries on offense it was a decent year, especially coming right after ring 6.

I didn't at all like dumping AB and I thought it was done for PR by Kraft. I also find it odd that the only time AB's issues have ever come up have been while he was with the Pats. Was Kraft being played?

Maybe Brady's unhappiness in 2019 was due to his realization that he might be gone. I believe that he wanted to finish here and that it wouldn't have taken much to keep him.

Yes, Kraft was played. Fearful about the Orchids publicity. Possible ejection as an owner however slim?

Writers used to commonly use the word ejaculated when writing dialogue, similar to how we use the word exclaimed nowadays. For example:

“This filthy strip mall may seem beneath me, but I‘m really enjoying this massage from Lulu,” Bob ejaculated.

Bob said after Tom signed with Tampa he was willing to match their offer but Tom said he was moving on.

You think he’s telling the truth? He basically said he was going to override Bill to sign Tom. I don’t believe it because Bob would’ve already had him signed before hitting FA.

The other rumor was that Tom would’ve re-signed if Bill personally spoke to him and told him he wanted him back. He never did, so Tom moved on.
Kraft had plenty of time to make sure it never got to that point, so whether or not he finally pulled his head out of his ass long enough to say "OK, Tom, you win. We'll match that" once it was already too late isn't really relevant, IMO. It's not some proof that Brady walked away. It's proof that Kraft misread the situation.

The Rubicon had already been crossed.

Y'all might want to listen to today's WEEI Merloni/Fauri show once it becomes available. Wickersham was on. The same is true for the Felger/Mazz show, as he's on there right now.

Last edited:
Yes, Kraft was played. Fearful about the Orchids publicity. Possible ejection as an owner however slim?
I think this is the kind of thing that has given Kraft the name Bendover Bob. I actually prefer Tug Bob Smear Pants. :)

Some said that Bob couldn't sue the NYFL over any of the "gates" but the new Rams owner was a threat to sue the NYFL so they let him dump the fans in St Louis and move to LA.

While plenty of other teams break rules for real and go unpunished, the Pats have been penalized heavily for nothing. The NYFL then uses the first phony violation to increase the penalty for the second phony violation and so on.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back