PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Sr. Says what I’ve been saying all along.

Saying “it’s not Bill’s fault that Brady wanted to go play on a team with actual talent” is not the defense you think it is.

Having talent issues is why you’d be even more willing to accommodate Brady. Team Bill is constantly conflating the Patriots best interest with Brady’s best interest, and sometimes bringing in the absurd excuse of “we weren’t gunna win the Super Bowl tho” as if that fake excuse is a reason not to put forth the best possible team.

And you stand by that? You accept BB doing that as a fan?

I do accept it. To be clear I blame Tom equally for the divorce. It takes two to make a marriage work. He changed and Bill/Bob didn't think it was good for the org to accommodate Tom's asks...whatever those were. Whatever they were were a big deal b/c Tom is no longer here.
That's the war only most people on your side aren't being honest like you are. This is exactly what happened. Most of us on the other side can't believe it was allowed to play out this way.

I resigned as Chairman and CEO of Team Bill. I don't agree with them.
Others on your side usually make **** up about cap room and Tom wanting to leave. At least you are honest. BB couldn't deal with what was needed to make it work, especially at the end. Lets go down with the ship then. I'm looking forward to watching.
No question he wasn't happy here. He was very frustrated. I have no idea if Bill could have made him happy. All I know is Bill thought Tom was a lost cause after the 2018 season. Gronk as well.

Last edited:
Saying “it’s not Bill’s fault that Brady wanted to go play on a team with actual talent” is not the defense you think it is.
This is what I don't get. Even if that is true it is still Bill's fault for bungling the roster so badly.

Having talent issues is why you’d be even more willing to accommodate Brady. Team Bill is constantly conflating the Patriots best interest with Brady’s best interest, and sometimes bringing in the absurd excuse of “we weren’t gunna win the Super Bowl tho” as if that fake excuse is a reason not to put forth the best possible team.
This is what kills me the most. The same posters shrugging their shoulders and saying we wouldn't have won a super bowl with Brady in 2020 are the same ones lecturing everyone about being patient and that we are in a rebuild. I don't know about anyone else but I would much rather go 11-5 and see what happens in the playoffs than watch your next starting QBs combine for 10 TD's and 13 INTs in the 18 games since Brady left.

Why on earth would you keep Tom and Gronk for a few years, when they are on the verge of retirement, over Bill?

Because he's also on the verge of retirement?

Belichick
Born:April 16, 1952 (age 69)
Nashville, Tennessee, U.S

He once said he won't be coaching in his 70s. Now he said he might but either way, not much left to prove or do. Well except that he can win without Brady but that's not happening.

This is what kills me the most. The same posters shrugging their shoulders and saying we wouldn't have won a super bowl with Brady in 2020 are the same ones lecturing everyone about being patient and that we are in a rebuild. I don't know about anyone else but I would much rather go 11-5 and see what happens in the playoffs than watch your next starting QBs combine for 10 TD's and 13 INTs in the 18 games since Brady left.

Especially after we just blew a huge load on FA on mediocre talent.

If Brady was here we'd be saying we're "loading up" in FA.

Now it's Mac and we're "rebuilding" aka sucking for a while.

Of course when you say it like that it helps your case but if he didn't want to stay, why is that? You really think he wanted to just go to ****ing Tampa Bay?

That's a laugh. Yeah, the conversation went like this:

Arians: "Tom, come to Tampa. We'll build an all-star team around you. We'll sign Gronk and AB. We'll give you a great contract. It's warm here year-'round. Gisele will absolutely love it. Guerrero will have carte blanche and the TB12 enterprise will thrive in Florida. What do you say?"

Brady: "Meh, I dunno. Convince me."

That's a laugh. Yeah, the conversation went like this:

Arians: "Tom, come to Tampa. We'll build an all-star team around you. We'll sign Gronk and AB. We'll give you a great contract. It's warm here year-'round. Gisele will absolutely love it. Guerrero will have carte blanche and the TB12 enterprise will thrive in Florida. What do you say?"

Brady: "Meh, I dunno. Convince me."

Are you intentionally being wrong or do you forget literally everything that actually happened including Arians being against signing AB for MONTHS despite Brady wanting him.

Are you intentionally being wrong or do you forget literally everything that actually happened including Arians being against signing AB for MONTHS despite Brady wanting him.

What team is AB on again?

What team is AB on again?

You made up a strawman of a pitch that the Bucs gave Brady this incredible godfather offer which he’d be dumb to turn down when absolutely nothing points to that being the case. Hey it worked out clearly. Not many people thought so immediately.

You made up a strawman of a pitch that the Bucs gave Brady this incredible godfather offer which he’d be dumb to turn down when absolutely nothing points to that being the case. Hey it worked out clearly. Not many people thought so immediately.

Right. Nothing, aside from what actually happened. Pretty amazing string of "coincidentals," but thanks for clearing that up. ;)

"I've actually prepared a statement that I wanted to say, and it's really all that I have to say on the subject," Brady said jokingly. "Comments made by Thomas Edward Brady, a 77-year-old insurance company CEO who should know better at this point in his life, doesn't necessarily reflect the views or positions held by his son, Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr., so furthermore should Tom Sr. continue to speak out on behalf of his son without the express written consent on Jr reserves the right to eventually put him in a home against his will. That's all I have to say.

Brady: New England trip not a time to reminisce

"I've actually prepared a statement that I wanted to say, and it's really all that I have to say on the subject," Brady said jokingly. "Comments made by Thomas Edward Brady, a 77-year-old insurance company CEO who should know better at this point in his life, doesn't necessarily reflect the views or positions held by his son, Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr., so furthermore should Tom Sr. continue to speak out on behalf of his son without the express written consent on Jr reserves the right to eventually put him in a home against his will. That's all I have to say.

LMAO i though this was a joke. That’s great.

Last edited:
Right. Nothing, aside from what actually happened. Pretty amazing string of "coincidentals," but thanks for clearing that up. ;)
Your conjecture radar is off a bit when it comes to Brady. Here's his statement about what his Dad said, which he's already said in the past. Yet, you believe this is some conspiracy by Tom to use his dad for whatever it is you think is going on.

SmartSelect_20210927-233516_Firefox.jpg

Unless you don't believe him, of course.

Haha…wow did not expect that, even as a joke. Happy he said it though!

Your conjecture radar is off a bit when it comes to Brady. Here's his statement about what his Dad said, which he's already said in the past. Yet, you believe this is some conspiracy by Tom to use his dad for whatever it is you think is going on.

View attachment 36068

Unless you don't believe him, of course.

No, I don't believe there's any "conspiracy" afoot. I also don't believe his dad is saying things Tom disagrees with. Note the "doesn't necessarily" caveat. But this "statement" was presented jokingly, apparently intended as a light-hearted attempt to tamp down rhetoric he wants to avoid becoming embroiled in directly.

No, I don't believe there's any "conspiracy" afoot. I also don't believe his dad is saying things Tom disagrees with. Note the "doesn't necessarily" caveat. But this "statement" was presented jokingly, apparently intended as a light-hearted attempt to tamp down rhetoric he wants to avoid becoming embroiled in directly.
The jokingly part was about placing his old man in a home, but he meant the rest. This isn't new. He can't control what his old man says. Notice the "who should know better" part. The one thing Bill did teach Brady was what not to say plus he's always been a considerate man, which for some reason irked other fan bases as him being fake.

Ok, I thought you had implied Brady had blessed what his dad and AG had said.

To me it looks like both sides want nothing to do with all the nonsense. I wouldn't want my dad speaking out but Tom's has done it many times and I don't think Tom is the type of guy to tell his dad to shut his mouth. Maybe this week will be a bit more quiet than expected if both guys just don't give the press anything more.

There must be a better hair plug place in Tampa

According to Mike Giardi, Brady told his dad to put a sock in it this week or he'll put him in an "old folk's home." Of course, he was joking, but it seems like Brady Sr and perhaps Guerrero spoke a bit too much for Tom's liking.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back