PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on Madden 18 cover….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The trailer is sick too...

I like how they show Brady coming out of the tunnel by himself with a big production made of it. You know... Something he actually NEVER does cause they come out as a team. I mean the Madden people could stick to reality but they don't tend to do that.

Like all the years they made Brady 97 or 98 and Peyton 99. No sense of reality.

I like how they show Brady coming out of the tunnel by himself with a big production made of it. You know... Something he actually NEVER does cause they come out as a team.

Maybe it was just for the trailer. I'm sure the actual game is as "real" as it gets when it comes to intros.

Frostbite developed the FIFA 17 game and it was one of the best sports game ever made. Madden has gone stale over the years so hopefully this Madden with the Frostbite touch will be worth it.

This would have made a cool cover. I'm sure JE knew about Brady being on beforehand.

Well this is the special edition cover, so we don't know what the regular cover is.

The curse hasn't really hit the last several years like it once did.

Polomalu and Fitz both played well after being jointly on the cover in 2009.

Drew Brees didn't miss any time in 2010.

Calvin broke the receiving record in 2012.

Both Sherman and ODB were just fine after they made in on 13 and 15.

And lastly, Barry Sanders never broke a hip after making the cover in 14.

Most guys who got hit by the curse were injury prone anyway. Think about it: Vick, McNabb, Lewis, V Young, even Gronk? Not to mention most of the cover athletes used to be RB's. Running backs tend to hit walls in their career out of random anyways. Peyton Hillis was a one year wonder, it was very predictable that he would regress. Marshall Faulk was a 30 year old Back. The list goes on...

So I'm not really buying it.
What's to buy?
There is literally no possible causation to what happens to a football player on the field due to where his picture appears.
There is no need to do a review and make a conclusion.

Second consecutive Patriot to be on the cover. Nice. When was the last time two players from the same team got to be on the cover in back to back years?

tumblr_nk6lp22lJU1re3x32o1_500.gif

Yeah... that's what it is. The guys at EA Sports are trying to hurt our guys by putting them on the cover of Madden. It has nothing whatsoever to do with how good they are and how good the team is.
Your GIF cracked me up big time.

OP must live in Twin Peaks or something.

Madden Curse is so overblown

Didn't affect Sherman, Brees, Beckham or Calvin Johnson, which Calvin Johnson set the single season record for yards the year he was on it.

Madden Curse is so overblown

Wait...there are people who actually believe in the curse?

Source: I didn't read the other pages of the thread

Wait...there are people who actually believe in the curse?

Source: I didn't read the other pages of the thread
Well, there's me and there's Granny Clampett. That's two. From there you might want to do a poll because that seems to solve the problems of the world.

Well, there's me and there's Granny Clampett. That's two. From there you might want to do a poll because that seems to solve the problems of the world.

I was thinking about a change.org petition, because I want results.

What's to buy?
There is literally no possible causation to what happens to a football player on the field due to where his picture appears.
There is no need to do a review and make a conclusion.
You agree, so what's the point in disagreeing?

Goodell must be psyched. If the curse is effective, maybe his beloved Jets have a chance. :rolleyes: Yeah, right. Not a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes