PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on Madden 18 cover….

Status
Not open for further replies.
The regular cover is him without a helmet, showing off the cleft chin in all of it's glory

As long as EA is making them, i won't be buying NFL games.

Trully a match made in the seventh circle of hell

As long as EA is making them, i won't be buying NFL games.

Trully a match made in the seventh circle of hell

Same here. My NFL merchandise ban is still going strong.

I haven't played since 2007, but they can take my money this year.

My first concern was with Kansas City being the 1st team we play this upcoming season - i think we all remember what happened to Brady the last time KC was the first opponent on the season.

Now we got Brady on the Madden cover as well- Superstitious or not,thats something we have to hope will not matter.

The trailer is sick too...

"Madden like you've never seen it... The exact same as the last two years, but with 2018 on the cover"

The curse hasn't really hit the last several years like it once did.

Polomalu and Fitz both played well after being jointly on the cover in 2009.

Drew Brees didn't miss any time in 2010.

Calvin broke the receiving record in 2012.

Both Sherman and ODB were just fine after they made in on 13 and 15.

And lastly, Barry Sanders never broke a hip after making the cover in 14.

Most guys who got hit by the curse were injury prone anyway. Think about it: Vick, McNabb, Lewis, V Young, even Gronk? Not to mention most of the cover athletes used to be RB's. Running backs tend to hit walls in their career out of random anyways. Peyton Hillis was a one year wonder, it was very predictable that he would regress. Marshall Faulk was a 30 year old Back. The list goes on...

So I'm not really buying it.

giphy.gif

So wait, we are gonna get Patriots on the cover of Madden in back-to-back years?? That's friggin' sweet!

I own Madden 17 with Gronk on it, I've never even played it. But I love seeing Gronk on the front in my living room daily.

Damn, I have to respect a man that buys the game for the cover and never has even plugged it into a console.

Last edited:
The one other year he was supposed to be on was Madden 09, which was the 2008 season…. These last two years have absolutely been an attempt to hurt our guys. They have a cover called the GOAT edition
An attempt to Curse the GOAT, but it won't work.

I don't give a crap about curses. Calling it the G.O.A.T. edition is all I need to like it, continuing the momentum of ending any discussion who the G.O.A.T. is. Nice that the discussion is now over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes