PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: My medical (concussion) history isn't anyone's business

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is always a situation under which any starting quarterback may get benched.

No quarterback understands this better than TB12 who works every game as if he's trying to keep his job.

While this is true, it would take a LOT for the elite QB's to get benched. Happened to brady 3 years ago against KC. Why? Because why risk him getting injured when the game was in the bag. Nothing he could do would change the outcome. Give the back up an opportunity to play. He didn't get benched because BB was considering replacing him with JG.

You would need to see a pattern of continue failure week after week before a QB like Brady would not start a game. And the same goes for Rodgers, Russell, Ryan, etc.

No you don't. all you need is for the coach to think his chances of winning right now are better with the backup.
If TB12 takes a throwing-shoulder injury and Garoppolo is fresh, his chances of winning the game are probably better with the healthy quarterback, I can't possibly see winning-is-everything Bill Belichick standing on sentiment and rolling out the injured Brady if he had an alternative. Especially because of how he handled Bledsoe. And Gar0ppolo is as good a quarterback as there has been behind Brady since the Bledsoe era ended.

The last person in the entire NFL I would expect to start ANYONE out of sheer sentiment is Bill Belichick. BB will go to the man who he thinks can help him most to win now. If he thinks an injury-reduced Brady still has enough to be the best option, he'll give him the nod, if not, he'll give the ball to Garoppolo.

No you don't. all you need is for the coach to think his chances of winning right now are better with the backup.
If TB12 takes a throwing-shoulder injury and Garoppolo is fresh, his chances of winning the game are probably better with the healthy quarterback, I can't possibly see winning-is-everything Bill Belichick standing on sentiment and rolling out the injured Brady if he had an alternative. Especially because of how he handled Bledsoe. And Gar0ppolo is as good a quarterback as there has been behind Brady since the Bledsoe era ended.

The last person in the entire NFL I would expect to start ANYONE out of sheer sentiment is Bill Belichick. BB will go to the man who he thinks can help him most to win now. If he thinks an injury-reduced Brady still has enough to be the best option, he'll give him the nod, if not, he'll give the ball to Garoppolo.

We weren't talking about Brady being injured in the post of yours that you quoted. You just brought up the whole injury thing now. That is completely different.

My last response to you stated that Brady would have to play poorly for an extended amount of time prior to being benched. Not injured, but benched. And that is the truth. This has nothing to do with sentiment, it has to do with Brady's continued success and having some hiccup games here and there. If what you are saying is true, don't you think BB would have started JG after the KC 2014 game when Brady played one of the worst games in his career?

As far as Bledsoe. Dude was out for the season and your back up QB won the superbowl. If that happened this year and JG won the superbowl, you might be right in BB goign with JG. But lets just say hypothetically Brady gets a minor injury and is out for 4 weeks and JG does a bang up job. You think Brady is sitting on the bench the week he comes back? lol not likely... highly unlikely.

We weren't talking about Brady being injured in the post of yours that you quoted. You just brought up the whole injury thing now. That is completely different.

My last response to you stated that Brady would have to play poorly for an extended amount of time prior to being benched. Not injured, but benched. And that is the truth. This has nothing to do with sentiment, it has to do with Brady's continued success and having some hiccup games here and there. If what you are saying is true, don't you think BB would have started JG after the KC 2014 game when Brady played one of the worst games in his career?

As far as Bledsoe. Dude was out for the season and your back up QB won the superbowl. If that happened this year and JG won the superbowl, you might be right in BB goign with JG. But lets just say hypothetically Brady gets a minor injury and is out for 4 weeks and JG does a bang up job. You think Brady is sitting on the bench the week he comes back? lol not likely... highly unlikely.

You said there was no way Brady could be benched. I brought up an obvious example of Brady potentially being benched.

You made an overbroad statement, thank you for clarifying it.

I still think you're wrong. And more to the point, because your or my or anyone on this forum's opinion matters about as much as a fart in a hurricane, Brady plays, trains, works and lives like he might be benched tomorrow if he takes any days off.

You said there was no way Brady could be benched. I brought up an obvious example of Brady potentially being benched.

You made an overbroad statement, thank you for clarifying it.

I still think you're wrong. And more to the point, because your or my or anyone on this forum's opinion matters about as much as a fart in a hurricane, Brady plays, trains, works and lives like he might be benched tomorrow if he takes any days off.

Not arguing Brady's work ethic at all. Its the biggest reason for his success. But when Brady is down, he bounces back. See Superbowl 51, 3qt roughly 6 min left. See week 5 and the remainder of the 2014 season. See SB49 4th qtr. You get the point.

With all variables aside like injuries, going based off of on-field performance only, if Brady was not producing and was playing poorly (not Ryan Fitzpatrick, but poorly by Brady's standards) how long do you think it would take for BB to bench Brady and go with say Garoppolo, to start on Sunday?

Well, it turns out the people in this thread saying this was nothing but a media-created story, and who cares about something that is nothing more than a media created story, were completely wrong.

The NFL did officially investigate these claims of a Brady concussion. Let us all just thank the Good Lord that they concluded there were no concussions and/or concealment of same.

Not arguing Brady's work ethic at all. Its the biggest reason for his success. But when Brady is down, he bounces back. See Superbowl 51, 3qt roughly 6 min left. See week 5 and the remainder of the 2014 season. See SB49 4th qtr. You get the point.

With all variables aside like injuries, going based off of on-field performance only, if Brady was not producing and was playing poorly (not Ryan Fitzpatrick, but poorly by Brady's standards) how long do you think it would take for BB to bench Brady and go with say Garoppolo, to start on Sunday?
An eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back