PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: My medical (concussion) history isn't anyone's business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an interview with someone in the military that went like this.

Him: Why did you go to see this doctor two years ago.

Me: It says why in the medical records.

Him: I don't have those records.

Me: Are you a doctor?

Him: No

Me: Then go to medical school if you want to find out.

I didn't get the position. Probably for the best.
Did your teachers say "does not play well with others"?

What was he supposed to say, my wife doesn't know what she's talking about or my wife is a liar?
What he is supposed to say (and quite honestly, I'm amazed he *didn't* say) is:

"We're just looking forward to 2017, not looking at the past."

Did your teachers say "does not play well with others"?
The question was well beyond his purview and he knew it. The doctor who worked for him (and had my medical records) refused to divulge information beyond what was necessary for the assessment so he tried to strong arm me. Mostly just the principal of the whole thing pissed me off.

I would guess the NFL is similar. They can require their own medical assessments, but probably can't force doctors to give away medical information.

WHERE DID I SAY IT WAS??
You didn't, and I didn't claim you did... just clarifying. You seemed to be engaging in an argument about what is the right or wrong thing for Brady to do, when the far more important issue is whether NFL rules were broken or not.

Brady has the right to keep to himself, because there is no NFL rule against doing that. Maybe I'm hyper-sensitive after framegate, but to me the rules are what matters most. Because if clownface could get us, he would

You didn't, and I didn't claim you did... just clarifying. You seemed to be engaging in an argument about what is the right or wrong thing for Brady to do, when the far more important issue is whether NFL rules were broken or not.

Brady has the right to keep to himself, because there is no NFL rule against doing that. Maybe I'm hyper-sensitive after framegate, but to me the rules are what matters most. Because if clownface could get us, he would
I bet you there is a team rule against deliberately hiding injuries - not to mention that I don't believe for a second Brady hid any of this from the team. Belichick knows exactly what went on.

What he is supposed to say (and quite honestly, I'm amazed he *didn't* say) is:

"We're just looking forward to 2017, not looking at the past."
That would not end it anymore than what he said today. Honestly I'm glad he said what he said. His health history is not for public consumption......maybe team and league consumption but he owes nothing to mediots. They will create whatever thing they want to. Everyone knows that vast majority of NFL players are concussed and most times they are not reported. What the hell are you trying to stir up?

That would not end it anymore than what he said today. Honestly I'm glad he said what he said. His health history is not for public consumption......maybe team and league consumption but he owes nothing to mediots. They will create whatever thing they want to. Everyone knows that vast majority of NFL players are concussed and most times they are not reported. What the hell are you trying to stir up?
Relax. I'm not trying to stir up anything. If you read my first post, I said I respectfully disagree with what Brady said. (It's ok to disagree respectfully with something someone says. Honestly.... it's not a slap in the face.) A significant game-related injury is the team's business and it is the league's business and the league has policies by which they reveal those injuries to the public. So yeah, when we are talking about something game related, it kinda *is* meant to be for public consumption.

Quite honestly, I wish they *would* get rid of injury reporting. But for now it's there, and there are reasons behind it.

Stop complaining, he's got the concussion juice. Between that, the rosemary smudging and drinking colloidal silver he's fine.

The downside of the protocol, from the players' standpoint, is loss of control. The player decides to play with bruised ribs or not. But in the protocol, the player may feel good and some doc says he cannot play. Hence the incentive to stay out of the protocol. Remember Brady has a fair amount of disdain for traditional medicine. It was an orthopedist who operated on his knee and he got an infection. If Brady feels he can play, he would not want to leave playing or not up to some doc he might not trust. We might think he is crazy, but he made a decision a long time ago to play every single game no matter what.

Stop complaining, he's got the concussion juice. Between that, the rosemary smudging and drinking colloidal silver he's fine.

That's true. Alex Guerrero seems like a fine, upstanding individual. I'm sure his magic medicine has cured Brady's head trauma.

I don't believe for a second Brady hid any of this from the team. Belichick knows exactly what went on.

Do you think there was ever a point during his career when Brady took a big hit, was seeing stars and never told BB for fear he would take him out of the game?

So, yeah, he got at least one concussion last year.

Those guys are a joke. We are all sitting at home watching Cam Newton get concussed on live TV in that first game, and they were just twiddling their thumbs...

I'd rather have them do that then stop every other play, delay games, and put teams at a disadvantage in critical situations anytime some one thinks a player may have been "shaken up"...possibly, maybe?

Not sure why anyone would think there is anything wrong with Brady telling a reporter his medical history is none of his business.

Just saying, if Manning had said this the forum would be piling on him for skirting the rules and demanding he be at least fined

What rule is that?

There is no rule requiring players to self report injuries.

So far I just read the title but I want to say this before I read anyone's post

Tom Brady's concussion history and all of his medical history are no ones business.

There really isn't any more to say unless Brady wants to share it. And I hope he doesn't

Brady you usually smart person, way to give a denial that might as well be a confirmation. If he's never been concussed I doubt he'd weasel-word it the way he did. He's the kind of guy that if he'd never had problems in that area, he'd straight up say so.

So why the weasel words? Probably because he has been concussed and hasn't reported it either because he and the team felt it was too minor to report or because reporting would have meant Brady had to sit out which is a thing he goes out of his way to not do. Either way, if this little soundbite was supposed to shut off this line of quesitoning, that just backfired.
I thought only Simpletons used weasel words?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents