PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: My medical (concussion) history isn't anyone's business

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are YOU, the biggest little weasel on this board, calling ANYONE else alive on the planet a weasel? and BTW Nostradumbass, since YOU can read minds, how about putting this prodigious skill to use and give everyone on the board your stock tips for the next month. Your perpetually persistent negativity day in and out about all things Patriot practically scream "troll!".

IMG_0576.GIF

This is a complicated matter. What isn't complicated is that blaming Gisele Bundchen for any of this is the epitome of chicken **** behavior. She's freaking worried about her husband and the father of their children. This cowardly crap about how she should shut up so we can enjoy more years of Brady as QB is incomprehensible to me. No one likes and admires him more than I do, but I don't want to see him sitting in a nursing home drooling on his afghan. Clearly, after what he said today, what Gisele said earlier this year and what Tom Curran said recently about Brady's dad's concerns, this is a serious matter to him and his family. Pretending it isn't is like burying one's head in the sand.

Withhold it from his employer? No.

The media or the public? Absolutely.

I suspect that any NFL player at the level of a Tom Brady who says in a public forum he had concussions wouldn't be playing for much longer for obvious reasons. Might as well be telling other teams to take shots at his head. Also can't imagine the union would be thrilled to hear that.
Then for God sakes do the smart thing and don't talk about it at all. That's usually Brady's MO, especially when any answer he gives is going to be analyzed and turned against him.

Once Tom opened his mouth on this topic there was instantly no right answer. A statement that touches on the subject but leaved the question of whether he actually had a concussion completely up in the air isn't even the least bad option because it feels like defensive weasel words.

Brady says "I won't admit and won't deny," and a lot of people hear "I CAN'T deny but won't admit." This is a problem because that kind of denial is as good as an admission in the court of public opinion, and I dare anyone in this thread to deny that.

This is an answer almost designed specifically to raise the status of the question. One wonders, since Brady is usually so media savvy, if this might not be his version of Papi's "I might have taken without my knowledge" statements back in 2003 when he was named in the Mitchell report leaks -- more designed to soften the blow when the truth comes out than really bury the question.

About the only thing he did today is guarantee that there WILL be a clamor for an investigation. Is that what he wants? It's going to happen whether or no.

Last edited:
What was he supposed to say, my wife doesn't know what she's talking about or my wife is a liar?
What is he supposed to say?

Nothing would be good for a start. In fact the best thing he could possibly have said on the subject is nothing. He's good at saying nothing, he's a past master of the Bill Behichick School Of Saying Nothing To The Media, and holds doctoral level dissertations to his teammates on the subject of nonspeech.

So why he chose this moment to make a statement on the question, raise its status and get the media talking about it again when it had been dead for a month plus is unknown.

And if he said nothing the media would still be certain that he said nothing but didn't deny anything. There is nothing he could have said that would end the concussion talk. Saying something or nothing wouldn't matter in my opinion

What is he supposed to say?

Nothing would be good for a start. In fact the best thing he could possibly have said on the subject is nothing. He's good at saying nothing, he's a past master of the Bill Behichick School Of Saying Nothing To The Media, and holds doctoral level dissertations to his teammates on the subject of nonspeech.

So why he chose this moment to make a statement on the question, raise its status and get the media talking about it again when it had been dead for a month plus is unknown.
What's your main point of concern in this matter? And please, don't agree with any of my posts. Even if you legitimately do, PM me and we'll arrange for me to pay you not to.

Last edited:
Watching that was the first time I've ever felt sorry for Cam. I'm not usually one to go soft when it comes to the physical nature of football, but no player deserves to be left out to dry like that. (Other than maybe TJ Ward...and Burfict.....and Suh)

Bernard Pollard?

Brady is under no obligation to tell the team or league anything. If he tells the team the team then has to tell the league or suffer penalties. There is no penalty for a player who does not tell a coach he is dinged. 1/2 the players on the bubble every year run by the trainers room.

What's your main point of concern in this matter? .

Well I stated it a couple times but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

The question broadly put to Brady is this: did Brady, or did he not, suffer concussions and conceal them from the team and/or the NFL?

By responding to that question at all, he raised the status of the question by drawing attention to it after it had been a back-burner issue for most of the offseason. This question and versions of this question and implications related to this question will now be asked of him more often.

By responding to that question without definitively denying that he'd suffered concussions and concealed them from the team, he created an impression that raises the status of the question still further -- the impression that he may have actually done this thing that potentially violates NFL rules (depending heavily on how you interpret those rules).

At this point a mediot with an agenda wouldn't even have to ask Brady further questions in order to allege that he did indeed conceal concussions from the NFL. Discussing the question without definitively denying the allegation makes it look like it's a thing he CAN'T deny. Which gives the media all the ammunition they need to keep harping on it all season.

And the best part is he really ought to have known that this was the kind of question that should have answered with silence. There isn't a player in the NFL that knows the wiles of the media and handles the school of sharks with microphones better than Brady, but this is an unfortunate lapse by him. By responding to this question without putting it to bed, he's created the media's Brady narrative for them for the entire 2017 season maybe even encouraged the Usual Suspects to start investigating him all over again. It's just a bad scene.

To review in short: He should not have said anything, and if he did say anything, he should not have said that..

Well I stated it a couple times but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

The question broadly put to Brady is this: did Brady, or did he not, suffer concussions and conceal them from the team and/or the NFL?

By responding to that question at all, he raised the status of the question by drawing attention to it after it had been a back-burner issue for most of the offseason. This question and versions of this question and implications related to this question will now be asked of him more often.

By responding to that question without definitively denying that he'd suffered concussions and concealed them from the team, he created an impression that raises the status of the question still further -- the impression that he may have actually done this thing that potentially violates NFL rules (depending heavily on how you interpret those rules).

At this point a mediot with an agenda wouldn't even have to ask Brady further questions in order to allege that he did indeed conceal concussions from the NFL. Discussing the question without definitively denying the allegation makes it look like it's a thing he CAN'T deny. Which gives the media all the ammunition they need to keep harping on it all season.

And the best part is he really ought to have known that this was the kind of question that should have answered with silence. There isn't a player in the NFL that knows the wiles of the media and handles the school of sharks with microphones better than Brady, but this is an unfortunate lapse by him. By responding to this question without putting it to bed, he's created the media's Brady narrative for them for the entire 2017 season maybe even encouraged the Usual Suspects to start investigating him all over again. It's just a bad scene.

To review in short: He should not have said anything, and if he did say anything, he should not have said that..
Dr. Irwin Corey is NOT dead...

The NFL wants nothing to do with going after Brady on this issue. For many reasons.

Felger and Maz would havea 6 hour show speculating on why Brady didn't deny having concussions......and I'm sure they had plenty to say today regarding what he did say. It doesn't matter to these mediots. The genie was out of the bottle with his wife's statements and nothing Brady says or doesn't say will change the concussion talk.

I think he's right.
He knows there's no way to know for certain, (or prove) one is concussed while playing in the middle of a game.

All players know getting your bell rung is part of the game. Geez, these guys will run into brick wall to get a TD!

Which is the reason I think Gomer was getting screwed by the media during the
HGH bullsheet.
Players are getting beat up bad. Steroids are part of the healing for all people.

I work in the Commercial Electrical construction industry, and it takes a toll on my body.
I had fluid taken out, and steroids put into my knee recently. And within minutes I felt no pain, after what was excruciating pain. To point I could barely walk.

My point is, it isn't anybody's business. And after all the league and the media put him through the last few years, he is saying "Take a hike you leaches".

And as a few posters have said, it's ultimately the leagues responsibility.
They made that claim themselves.

Last edited:
Is this the August, 2017 edition of the 'I Can't Stand It Gazette'?

Well I have some good and calming news for the huddled and fearful masses. Unless dragged kicking and screaming to do it, Roger Goodell is done with picking fights with Tom Brady (side note: while he is done with Brady Vader, he will take another crack at Palpatine Bill if given the opp). Roger got his purposefully targeted mileage out of defame-gate (he harpooned Moby **** and bonus! affirmed his expending statutory power). Yet his image took enough of a hit within the glib, slimy but otherwise abetting MSM. There just is no clear upside to defame-gate deux with a guy whose name may very well be spoken glowingly, gleefully about at the end of the next super bowl or two.

Seriously, unless Brady comes out and says "I got hit in the head with a bat that caused triple vision for 3 weeks but I played every game -- AND -- I paid off the refs in every SB then bet on these games using KGB operatives with fat amount of undeclared blood diamond money I made. Also, I'm head of MS-13 and regularly pimp out Mrs Goodell". A little dramatic? Sure but the point remains -- the upside for targeting Brady just isn't tangible enough. And it is obvious Goodell is a creature of looking at and gaining the upside (sometimes at the expense of fundamental fairness or even modest levels of honesty).

Today's statement was no accident - he planned that for a while. Told everyone to pound sand. He is positively maniacal about missing a game. The man tore his ACL and was practicing 7 step drops in the locker room. And I bet he has told JE11 "He ain't getting my f**king job". From his cold, dead hands.

I do not know the specifics of this incident. None of us do. But I have to respectfully disagree with what Brady said.

Player injuries are supposed to be reported to the league and the league makes it available to the public weekly at a set schedule. Teams have to report missed practice time as well as "significant or noteworthy" injuries. There are rules in place which prevent teams from telling the league "that's none of your business" when a player is injured. There is also a separate protocol for dealing with concussions.

I certainly hope Tom is 100% healthy at all times and I hate the idea that he may have been concussed (even mildly). I know the knee-jerk reaction of this forum is to agree with all-things Brady, but we sure spent a lot of time criticizing Luck and Bell (among others) for hiding injuries this past season.

Wrong.

It's Brady's business.

Especially if he says so.

Really? You think a player has the right to tell his employer and the coaches and managers and trainers: "hey, my health status is none of your business." You don't think Belichick has the right to know the physical status of the men whom he chooses to take the field on Sunday?

I can't say I agree.

The team may have a problem with it, sure, but the point is: players not self-reporting an injury is not against the NFL RULES.

The nutjob Pats haters are already harping about this being a case of CHEATING.
It isn't.

The Patriots are required by NFL rules to report injuries that they know about. Players are not required, in the NFL rulebook anyway, to ensure that the teams are aware of every injury that they have. If the player hides it, the team may have a beef with the player. But there is no league-mandated punishment for the player or for the team if the player hides it and the team never learns about the injury.

That is the point that many of us are making, and it's an important one.

I had an interview with someone in the military that went like this.

Him: Why did you go to see this doctor two years ago.

Me: It says why in the medical records.

Him: I don't have those records.

Me: Are you a doctor?

Him: No

Me: Then go to medical school if you want to find out.

I didn't get the position. Probably for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe