PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is back. How do we fix the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who of those guys do you think would command top dollar? I guess I must be under valuing everyone I listed at the bottom. The highest of the group imo would be Hooper. My Judon & Armstead, but my line of thinking was Armstead has been a bit of an under performer until his contract year would drive his value down. I wouldn’t be surprised if McCourty is going to command pretty high dollar. But Slater and the other guys shouldn’t be too much, would they? Assuming Brady is 30M on the cap, that leaves us with approx. 19M. Sanu going would free up 6M, I figured that would be close to what Anderson would sign for. Leaving the 19M, I don’t see how the team can’t find a way to free up another 20M and I just wasn’t seeing the guys listed at the end costing 40M in the first year. Then again as I’m typing this I realize I’m not leaving anything for the draft and emergency funds, so I’ll scrap Armstead from the list. :D This isn’t my forte. I’m just window shopping and having some fun.
The lower end of recent reports has the total of these guys over $80 million per year.

Armstead could be looking at an offseason deal that pays him from $16 million to $20 million.

The floor for Hooper is likely to start at $10 million per year

The defensive end tag for 2020 should be roughly $17 million -- and Judon is very likely to exceed that figure on the open market

With the year Schobert is having, expect him to try and snag $36 million guaranteed and $58 million over four years” ($14.5 million per year)

Anderson is “going to want more than $10 million per season over the long term

A Pro Bowl alternate this year, Reader could be shooting for recent defensive tackle deals that include those of the Falcons’ Grady Jarrett ($68 million, $17 million per year), the Bengals’ Geno Atkins ($65 million, $16.3 million per year) and the Titans’ Jurrell Casey ($60.5 million, $15.1 million per year).

I want Amari Cooper, WR.
I want Austin Hooper, TE.

:rolleyes:

This thread title ****ed with me badly. I was pretty much incommunicado with the world before now, except I heard the Chiefs won (ehhhh), and then I see this and got excited and...well...blah...TFB isn't back yet, but maybe he will be.

Yes, I've been living under a rock...

But yeah, sure, OBJ, Dola, Olsen, whoever...then pray for health for the OL.
Are you serving our country overseas?

I want Amari Cooper, WR.
I want Austin Hooper, TE.

:rolleyes:

You are shooting so low compared to most in this thread.

Brady
OBJ
AJ Green
Hooper
Kittle
F. Clark
R. Anderson
Justin Tucker
Thuney
Pouncey
Trent Williams
Tre’Davious White

Still look for the link confirming "Brady is back."
Yeah, stuff being reported today indicates that the 30 mil thing has been debunked.

Somebody post the link to the press release from Brady and/or the team, at least. It would also be handy to have the contract details.

Since none of that exists, Brady is not (yet) back.

So, this thread becomes a double if/then:

1) IF Brady is back... and,
2) PROVIDED sufficient firepower to land your favorite names

He's really the 800 pound gorilla of this off-season. His terms or his no-deal dictate everything else. There's no substitute for reality on this one.

Sources tell me Brady is “livid” that he didn’t win Patriots practice player of the week last season.

Somebody post the link to the press release from Brady and/or the team, at least. It would also be handy to have the contract details.

Since none of that exists, Brady is not (yet) back.

So, this thread becomes a double if/then:

1) IF Brady is back... and,
2) PROVIDED sufficient firepower to land your favorite names

He's really the 800 pound gorilla of this off-season. His terms or his no-deal dictate everything else. There's no substitute for reality on this one.
This thread is a time-waster until Brady's signing here or elsewhere is decided. Even if you presume he remains a Patriot, his contract terms will determine in part how much money is available to "fix the Pats."

People are talking about the 2-4 $10M-$15M players we will sign, which would depend on Brady's contract terms.

Is there a new GM? a new coach? a new owner?
======
How often have we signed a top free agent? How often have we signed 2 or 3 or 4?

Sure, we signed Revis and Gilmore. But IMO, this is different from signing 2-4 top players.

People are talking about the 2-4 $10M-$15M players we will sign, which would depend on Brady's contract terms.

Is there a new GM? a new coach? a new owner?
======
How often have we signed a top free agent? How often have we signed 2 or 3 or 4?

Sure, we signed Revis and Gilmore. But IMO, this is different from signing 2-4 top players.

And that's because, fortunately, team management realizes that signing the most stars has no correlation to winning championships.

Ebron is not coming here. He’s made that known. I’d take Henry in a heart beat, though.

Pretty talented young player, but can he get out of the tub? Seems to be the best te available unless your a big fan of Hooper.

Can’t believe that guys gonna paid for basically being an ir casualty year after year, you’d like to think he earned his contract on the field but he hasn’t. But there’s no doubt the physical tools are there to make the leap provided he can stay healthy. Interesting situation with him regarding health and talent.

Personally, if Brady does stay, I’d like to see the best LT available and move Wynn back inside to LG where I think he can dominate. It’s not a hole now, but it will be if Thuney leaves for free agency.

Sucks that they have so many holes to fill. So many ways this team can go. Gonna need some key free agent signings that stick for sure.

How do we feel about Evan Engram? He was rumored to be available at the deadline and NY liked the backup when engram went down. He’s in his final year as well so maybe that might not wanna pay him. I’d offer a 1st for Engram and a 3rd we wouldn’t have a 1st and a 2nd but with 4 3rds we could trade into the 2nd round and keep 3 3rds

Do we have an idea what kind of contract Thuney would be looking for? Once the Brady situation is settled, I think Thuney's is the next main one that decides what direction we go

Do we have an idea what kind of contract Thuney would be looking for? Once the Brady situation is settled, I think Thuney's is the next main one that decides what direction we go
I would assume more than Mason signed for and I doubt we tie up that much money in two guards.

Rumors of Stephon Diggs being available

Personally, if Brady does stay, I’d like to see the best LT available and move Wynn back inside to LG where I think he can dominate. It’s not a hole now, but it will be if Thuney leaves for free agency.

Sucks that they have so many holes to fill. So many ways this team can go. Gonna need some key free agent signings that stick for sure.
And some real production and impact from the higher round draft picks for the first time in awhile. Here are the top three rounds for the past 5 years, which mainly show swings and misses, with the occasional “still pending,” aside from the blue chip player that is Joe Thuney, who also happens to be a free agent with a good chance of leaving next month:

1–Brown
2-Richards
3-Grissom

2-Cyrus Jones
3-Thuney
3-Valentine
3-Brissett

3-Rivers
3-Garcia

1-Wynn
1-Michel
2-Dawson