PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is back. How do we fix the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason why I said Cooks is Brady has shown rapport with him and he will actually trust to throw to him.

sign Brady

Trade Sanu.

Release J.Mac, and every TE on the roster

restructure and extend Gilmore

Restructure Hightower

resign D-Mac

Trade for OBJ

sign Robbie Anderson

sign Chris Jones

sign 2 of Hunter Henry or Eric Ebron or Austin Hooper

draft OL to replace Thuney

fill other holes with trades and the draft

If Brady did not say....
To My TEAMATES and MY FANS
I would be under the assumption that it could mean he was not going to retire and he only was telling everyone he is playing next year. Could mean playing for any team.

Once he said My TEAMATES and My FANS that to me means in NE. Those were the biggest group of people that were yearning for his decision.

He knows that using those two terms gives the impression that he is coming back to NE. If he did not use those terms then he could leave with peoples blessings. If he then decided to go to another team after what was said then he would leave here pissing off alot of people and his legacy in NE would have a huge asterisk for the way he left.

For a man who words things so carefully throughout his career. He would not be so careless if his Intention was anything but staying.

LETS GO!
Brady stood on Gillettes field and stated that he is not going anywhere. He could have filmed the HULU spot on thousands of other fields but settled on Foxboro.

Thats enough for me. Besides, I do not believe that TFB would troll all of NE and then rip everyones heart out by leaving. I just do not see Brady playing games like big dopey Gronk who thinks everything is a joke. Its not about money. Its about BB taking the money that Brady leaves on the table and spending it on some good players on offense. Dorsett, Gordon, Meyers, Izzo are the cheapa$$ options expecting Brady to make chicken salad out of chicken chit like always.

Pats don't need to break the bank, especially at WR, to fix things. Meyers and Harry should improve in year 2. I was really disappointed in Sanu, but get him healthy, give him a full camp to learn and its a contract year for him so I think he will improve. Im all for signing DA. He knows the system and Brady trusts him. I'd spend some late round picks on fast WR who can get seperation. That leaves a WR group of Edelman, Sanu, Harry, DA, Meyers, Draft pick. The best way to improve the WR play is to improve the run game and TE position. Completely revamp the TE position. I'd love to see the Pats trade for Dallas Goedert from Philly. But, he's got two years left on his contract at a low cap hit, so why would Philly do the trade. May take to much to get him. David Njoku from Cleveland would be a nice 2nd option. Bring in Greg Olson as a vet, #2 option at TE and draft another in 3rd or 4th round. Build up depth on Oline and lets get some nastiness back on the line. Logan Stenberg from Kentucky and Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin are good mid round options in the draft.

sign Brady

Trade Sanu.

Release J.Mac, and every TE on the roster

restructure and extend Gilmore

Restructure Hightower

resign D-Mac

Trade for OBJ

sign Robbie Anderson

sign Chris Jones

sign 2 of Hunter Henry or Eric Ebron or Austin Hooper

draft OL to replace Thuney

fill other holes with trades and the draft
Ebron is not coming here. He’s made that known. I’d take Henry in a heart beat, though.

Ebron is not coming here. He’s made that known. I’d take Henry in a heart beat, though.
Based on that tweet? I don’t know if I’d be any stock into that.

No particular order:
1. Re-Sign Karras, Slater, Shelton, Roberts, D-Mac, Shelton, Bethel & Calhoun (if all on team friendly deals.)
2.Have Sanu take a pay cut or take a hike.
3. Reduce Cannon and Hightower’s Cap hits. Hell, throw Chung in with those 3 while you’re at it.
4. Sign Chris Jones or Arik Armstead.
5. Sign Hooper or Henry.
6. Sign Dante Fowler, or Judon.
7.Sign Joe Schobert and Robbie Anderson.
8. Sign DJ Reader or Javon Hargrave.
9. I would love Derrick Henry or Conklin, but both will get huge deals and I’d rather focus on guys above.
8. Draft a WR or 2. Draft Best TE available. Draft some Offensive Line projects, and some projects for the Defense and call it a day.

FA Haul of:
Arik Armstead, Austin Hooper, Matthew Judon, Joe Schobert, Robbie Anderson, and DJ Reader would be amazing. We’d need to free up and get creative with the cap.

This team needs to get an infusion of youth quick, and I’m hoping last years draft class along with this year will be ready to provide that..

No particular order:
1. Re-Sign Karras, Slater, Shelton, Roberts, D-Mac, Shelton, Bethel & Calhoun (if all on team friendly deals.)
3. Reduce Cannon and Hightower’s Cap hits. Hell, throw Chung in with those 3 while you’re at it.
5. Sign Hooper or Henry.
9. I would love Derrick Henry or Conklin, but both will get huge deals and I’d rather focus on guys above.
8. Draft a WR or 2. Draft Best TE available. Draft some Offensive Line projects, and some projects for the Defense and call it a day.

FA Haul of:
Arik Armstead, Austin Hooper, Matthew Judon, Joe Schobert, Robbie Anderson, and DJ Reader would be amazing. We’d need to free up and get creative with the cap.

This team needs to get an infusion of youth quick, and I’m hoping last years draft class along with this year will be ready to provide that..
We’d have to get more than creative with the cap to sign all those guys.

Based on that tweet? I don’t know if I’d be any stock into that.
He has a choice in the matter too. If he doesn’t like the way the Patriots do things, he won’t come here.

Still look for the link confirming "Brady is back."

Brady stood on Gillettes field and stated that he is not going anywhere. He could have filmed the HULU spot on thousands of other fields but settled on Foxboro.

Thats enough for me. Besides, I do not believe that TFB would troll all of NE and then rip everyones heart out by leaving. I just do not see Brady playing games like big dopey Gronk who thinks everything is a joke. Its not about money. Its about BB taking the money that Brady leaves on the table and spending it on some good players on offense. Dorsett, Gordon, Meyers, Izzo are the cheapa$$ options expecting Brady to make chicken salad out of chicken chit like always.
I totally agree with you. I thought Brady was going no where from the start for a few good reasons. One being I never believe the nowadays crazy irresponsible reporting. There is zero integrity with 90% of reporting. The commercial reassures his intentions to stay.

Also I know there are the 30 million plus/year rumors out there. My guess is he takes less because he always does. With all his playing quiet and not just signing a contract says to me that he has some demands this time. His main negotiation is that I want to play 2-3 more years and want a contract for that period of time. Don't do to me in my last years what you did to me this year. I'll take less but I want to finish here and have weapons to end my career the right way.

FA Haul of:
No, that’s not possible even with creative cap moves. That’s probably in excess of $60 million per year worth of external free agents.

He has a choice in the matter too. If he doesn’t like the way the Patriots do things, he won’t come here.
Maybe Patricia left a sour taste in his mouth, but guys have said tons of **** about the Pats before like James Harrison and ended up here.

No particular order:
5. Sign Hooper or Henry.

FA Haul of:

lolol. we should trade up for Joe Burrow while we are at it

Maybe Patricia left a sour taste in his mouth, but guys have said tons of **** about the Pats before like James Harrison and ended up here.
A big part of the reason Harrison ended up here was because he still wanted to play and not many teams had any interest. He had to swallow his pride and appreciated it in the end. Ebron would have more options at this point. In any event, Henry is still the more complete TE. So I’d rather bring him in than Ebron.

Draft Biadasz/Ruiz/ or another big IOL and a late round OT for depth , resign Karras and let Thuney walk. (Hopefully Cajuste can compete with Cannon) or release Cannon and go for Bulaga.
Draft Kmet/Bryant/Trautman and sign Austin Hooper (maybe a late round TE who can block) and release all our TE's.
Draft Aiyuk/Reagor or another speedy wr and sign DA or Hogan somebody Brady trust. ( Let Dorsett walk or trade Sanu)
Get new running Plays and establish the run to help our screens and passing plays. ( At least one Fullback will be back next season with Johnson)

Guys like OBJ would be really nice but i don't think we can afford them, when we still want a defense above average, who is helping our Offense quite a lot as well.

This thread title ****ed with me badly. I was pretty much incommunicado with the world before now, except I heard the Chiefs won (ehhhh), and then I see this and got excited and...well...blah...TFB isn't back yet, but maybe he will be.

Yes, I've been living under a rock...

But yeah, sure, OBJ, Dola, Olsen, whoever...then pray for health for the OL.

We’d have to get more than creative with the cap to sign all those guys.
Who of those guys do you think would command top dollar? I guess I must be under valuing everyone I listed at the bottom. The highest of the group imo would be Hooper. My Judon & Armstead, but my line of thinking was Armstead has been a bit of an under performer until his contract year would drive his value down. I wouldn’t be surprised if McCourty is going to command pretty high dollar. But Slater and the other guys shouldn’t be too much, would they? Assuming Brady is 30M on the cap, that leaves us with approx. 19M. Sanu going would free up 6M, I figured that would be close to what Anderson would sign for. Leaving the 19M, I don’t see how the team can’t find a way to free up another 20M and I just wasn’t seeing the guys listed at the end costing 40M in the first year. Then again as I’m typing this I realize I’m not leaving anything for the draft and emergency funds, so I’ll scrap Armstead from the list. :D This isn’t my forte. I’m just window shopping and having some fun.

Who of those guys do you think would command top dollar? I guess I must be under valuing everyone I listed at the bottom. The highest of the group imo would be Hooper. My Judon & Armstead, but my line of thinking was Armstead has been a bit of an under performer until his contract year would drive his value down. I wouldn’t be surprised if McCourty is going to command pretty high dollar. But Slater and the other guys shouldn’t be too much, would they? Assuming Brady is 30M on the cap, that leaves us with approx. 19M. Sanu going would free up 6M, I figured that would be close to what Anderson would sign for. Leaving the 19M, I don’t see how the team can’t find a way to free up another 20M and I just wasn’t seeing the guys listed at the end costing 40M in the first year. Then again as I’m typing this I realize I’m not leaving anything for the draft and emergency funds, so I’ll scrap Armstead from the list. :D This isn’t my forte. I’m just window shopping and having some fun.

A Gilmore restructure will be available for the draft, IR, and emergency funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes