PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is back. How do we fix the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please. The coaches told him and he didn’t like what they were telling him. Do you seriously believe that in NE of all places coaches wouldn’t tell a player what the coaches want???

If one guy says he wasn't told his assignment, it's one thing - two guys say it could mean something else.

If one guy says he wasn't told his assignment, it's one thing - two guys say it could mean something else.

If there’s one thing we should take from this it’s that Michael Bennett is an upstanding fella who wouldn’t lie about anything.

Brady will be back with the Pats 2-3 years 100% Guarantee!

It's a pretty big task as far as I can see it. Other than QB, there is no group on the offense that I would point to as a strength.

RB has good depth and versatility. I guess many would point to that as the strength, but it lacks a legit threat in the run game.

The offensive line is bad, and just lost their all time coach. I think we need to replace both tackles (Wynn to guard). Will Andrews be back to old form? Will Thuney be back?

TE and WR are just awful. No need to go into it too much. Draft someone that can get open. I don't care how polite he is or that he was the captain of the debate team. Or that he is great on ST.

If there’s one thing we should take from this it’s that Michael Bennett is an upstanding fella who wouldn’t lie about anything.

Ok but what about Pennell?

Ok but what about Pennell?

See earlier post. Him and Shelton were going to be the same player for this defense. He was beaten out in preseason. Not necessarily a knock on him as it was praise for Shelton raising the level of his game. You have 2 former pats voicing their displeasure. What about the other DL who seemed to do well in their roles?

Having a monster draft is the only way to turn things around.

we dont have a second round pick, they better spend their 1st rounder on an offensive weapon, whether it be a tight end to replace gronk or a big bodied receiver. What the offense was missing was physicality, Gronk was a physical blocker and receiver and so was Devlin but he was gone. Watching what Brady had to work with was painful. If BB doesnt find him some weapons, I cant blame him for not wanting to come back.

See earlier post. Him and Shelton were going to be the same player for this defense. He was beaten out in preseason. Not necessarily a knock on him as it was praise for Shelton raising the level of his game. You have 2 former pats voicing their displeasure. What about the other DL who seemed to do well in their roles?

The DL was not a strength this year. The pass rush was anemic at times and they couldnt stop the rub.

We need a big brick back, someone who can ram through a wall. Someone like Henry.... Our RB corp are a bunch of midgets. Blount was the closes thing we had.

The DL was not a strength this year. The pass rush was anemic at times and they couldnt stop the rub.

As a unit, agree pretty average. This is a reason I feel DL needs to addressed this offseason. Would like to add 1-2 DL to pair with Guy and Butler. If you wanna break the bank in FA Chris Jones/Armstread/Yannick from Jax could be avail. Add a rookie through the draft as well.

Get rid of Sanu and find a proper WR, get a couple of professional TE's, get Develin and Andrews healthy or find proper replacements. A big back would be a nice add but not exactly a must have.
Its not that humongous of a task actually if you think about it.

What does Kraft have to do with this?

we dont have a second round pick, they better spend their 1st rounder on an offensive weapon, whether it be a tight end to replace gronk or a big bodied receiver. What the offense was missing was physicality, Gronk was a physical blocker and receiver and so was Devlin but he was gone. Watching what Brady had to work with was painful. If BB doesnt find him some weapons, I cant blame him for not wanting to come back.

That depends. If we use FA to acquire both TE and WR it could open us up to spending a 1 on the trenches as we could use both OL/DL.

Misleading thread title much?

We supposedly have a big bodied receiver already + i think Meyers will also improve. We need more quickness and speed at the position. Anything at TE would be a upgrade

More midgets please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey