PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady injured knee

Agreed. Pushing back against the LT and going after Brady are two separate things. He was doing his job - not trying to hurt Brady.

You too. You've both been warned.

It's very clear Solder wasn't expecting what Clayborn did. I don't think 300 something pound Solder would have too much difficulty blocking some 170 pound guy under game conditions. Clayborn charged into him, right in front of the quarterback, and to say he couldn't calculate that shoving Solder back would make him tip over into the guy directly behind him is completely ludicrous. "Playing to the whistle" is not applicable here. Brady wasn't even knee-braced for this exercise. There are rules of engagement, and Schiano's player violated them. Somebody who can't control his players should be tossed out.

It was a passing play. So your contention that a LT wasn't expecting a bull rush is ridiculous, to say the least.

Re: Re: Brady injured knee

In a decade and a half Brady's never been 36 either...

That doesn't really matter, Brady is in the best condition of any QB in the league, he takes incredible care of himself.

Adrian Clayborn is 280 pounds for what it's worth.

Re: Re: Brady injured knee

Stop bringing logic into this conversation, Joker.

Logic is that he wasn't being dirty I agree but logic also tells me that this type of situation happening is significantly lower if a patriots DE was matched up with Solder.

I guess this is a good day for me to put my sig back up.

That doesn't really matter, Brady is in the best condition of any QB in the league, he takes incredible care of himself.

It kinda does matter. The body as it gets older is less flexible and just heals slower. Sure proper meticulous maintenance i.e. diet, exercise, supplements and rest helps, but his body is not what it was a few years ago.

Plus he is a pro athlete and the pressure and stress he puts on himself every year is just magnified. Thank God he is anal about his health and conditioning

It was a passing play. So your contention that a LT wasn't expecting a bull rush is ridiculous, to say the least.

I saw Solder talking about it on TV. He admitted he made a bunch of mistakes so, if people want to look for someone to blame on this one, Solder's their man.

Having noted that, things happen, Brady's going to be fine, and I'd be perfectly content if this kept Brady out until week 4, so he could avoid the Lions pass rush next week.

Nate Solder should be ashamed. He failed. Its that simple. The fact that he was NOT ready for a bullrush is not an excuse.

Nate Solder should be ashamed. He failed. Its that simple. The fact that he was NOT ready for a bullrush is not an excuse.

Cool. Lets cut him. Maybe Tebow can play left tackle. I mean everyone has suggested him for just about every other position anyway.:rolleyes:

Tell yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

Brady is in great shape and very disciplined, no doubt. And if anyone can play at a high level late into his 30's, it is Tom Brady.

But the body is very different at 36 than 26. Joints and ligaments are older. Recovery time is greater. Reflexes are just a split second slower. Brady's talent can make up for a lot of that, but not all of it and not indefinitely.

It's no accident that only one QB has won a Super Bowl after the age of 35 and that the average retirement age of an SB-era HOF QB is 34.

I guess not many of you have actually...uh...you know...SEEN the play? I saw it live...ball snapped Brady back...Brady throws pass.. I was watching the receiver...I look back and the Buc lineman is still bull rushing well after the pass is off. Solder DID his job. He fell backwards because HE let up at the whistle...the other kid didn't..probably because Solder frustrated him on the play...Brady was turned sideways in the pocket watching the completion of HIS pass to the receiver. He didn't expect any bodies rolling into him because FIRST OFF, he was in a red jersey, and second, the whistle had blown. If you must have blood, Solder is the LAST one on the O line anyone should single out.

If you must have blood, Solder is the LAST one on the O line anyone should single out.

I just want to go back to blaming Giselle. I mean--what good has she done for the team?

;)

Let's have the good old days of Brigette Moynahan back. Now SHE was some good luck.

Brady will just have to deal with having a chick who's much older and breaking down quickly, nearing her mid-40's. Take one for the team Tommy....take one for the team.

don't laugh...the first curses out of my mouth when it happened was "THAT BYATCH!!!"....I'm as superstitious a fan as the next Pats fan...

don't laugh...the first curses out of my mouth when it happened was "THAT BYATCH!!!"....I'm as superstitious a fan as the next Pats fan...

We'd be one helluva a duo on gameday then.

I drive my wife and everyone around me completely ape***** crazy. I've got deep rooted issues man....

yeah...well...you hide it pretty well...ME?...heh...half these newbs think I'm an insane person. I'll tell you my secret, I'm only stupid LOOKING. That's why, at Joe Kerr's Church Of Good Looks, the ending prayer is "my son...YOU look good..please leave $500 in small bills on the collection plate......

Remember the time a few years back...I was in a firefight with one of our regulars arguing back and forth and finally he said "hey, you just LIED!!!" after about 200 posts back and forth....hilarity ensued...I replied "yeah, I know I lied.I told truths...lies...whatever...I'm not the one trying TO WIN the argument...I'm just not going to STOP until YOU do"...that ended it right there and we've been cordial ever since.

What this means is,no matter how territorial people TRY to get on a message board, the BASIC dynamic is interaction...free form communication...unfettered, entropic chaos sometimes, minutely ordered at other times. Relax...what we post today echoes forever in cyberspace...we ...are...IMMORTALS!!!!

yeah...well...you hide it pretty well...ME?...heh...half these newbs think I'm an insane person. I'll tell you my secret, I'm only stupid LOOKING. That's why, at Joe Kerr's Church Of Good Looks, the ending prayer is "my son...YOU look good..please leave $500 in small bills on the collection plate......

Remember the time a few years back...I was in a firefight with one of our regulars arguing back and forth and finally he said "hey, you just LIED!!!" after about 200 posts back and forth....hilarity ensued...I replied "yeah, I know I lied.I told truths...lies...whatever...I'm not the one trying TO WIN the argument...I'm just not going to STOP until YOU do"...that ended it right there and we've been cordial ever since.

What this means is,no matter how territorial people TRY to get on a message board, the BASIC dynamic is interaction...free form communication...unfettered, entropic chaos sometimes, minutely ordered at other times. Relax...what we post today echoes forever in cyberspace...we ...are...IMMORTALS!!!!

you sir... are awesome. I think i'm starting to get you. I'm sure you'll throw another curve ball eventually that will make me hate you all over again. Its a cycle I'm sure you relish.

A billion years later in a galaxy at the other side of the universe a two-foot-six inch scientist with purple scaly skin looks VERY, VERY puzzled ...

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back