PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady injured knee

and Florist-io says Tommy will be back practicing tomorrow. Awesome news. Now Solder, please block better tomorrow even though its pre season camp.

I'm glad this story isn't the vile revolting news that it was a few hours ago.

That is all.

i don't buy adrian clayborn's "i was just letting my instincts take over." in the video brady cleary threw the ball and THEN clayborn KEPT BULLRUSHING solder.

Never played football before? You play to the whistle, even in practice/a scrimmage.

Never played football before? You play to the whistle, even in practice/a scrimmage.

both schiano and belichick agreed beforehand that the players would let off as they were approaching the QB. you don't think clayborn would know by bull rushing solder he would potentially push solder into brady?

both schiano and belichick agreed beforehand that the players would let off as they were approaching the QB. you don't think clayborn would know by bull rushing solder he would potentially push solder into brady?

No, I don't think he expected Solder to fall into Brady. I think he was just going against the LT as best he could in a scrimmage.

Not in a friendly training camp scrimmage where both sides agreed ahead of time to protect the quarterbacks. Unless of course Schiano told him to go for it anyway. Wouldn't surprise me; ever since that moron had his goons rush during the victory formation, I've had no respect for him. Belichick should show him the door.

Not in a friendly training camp scrimmage where both sides agreed ahead of time to protect the quarterbacks. Unless of course Schiano told him to go for it anyway. Wouldn't surprise me; ever since that moron had his goons rush during the victory formation, I've had no respect for him. Belichick should show him the door.

On a bull rush, your head is typically down as you're using your body to get lower than the blocker in front of you (effective, particularly if your blocker is taller than you, which Solder is). I honestly don't think he knew how close he was to Brady and was simply playing to the whistle, which is something you're taught from a young age. To blame Clayborn for this is moronic, particularly since he did hit Brady himself. If you're going to blame anyone, blame Solder for being so soft and getting knocked on his ass.

Re: Re: Brady injured knee

I just saw the replay; that was BS, I'd tell Tampa Bay to go practice in the parking lot for the rest of the week.

I'm against joint practices moving forward; nothing that could be accomplished practicing against another team is worth this type risk.

I'm enraged after seeing the clip. Complete BS.

On a bull rush, your head is typically down as you're using your body to get lower than the blocker in front of you (effective, particularly if your blocker is taller than you, which Solder is). I honestly don't think he knew how close he was to Brady and was simply playing to the whistle, which is something you're taught from a young age. To blame Clayborn for this is moronic, particularly since he did hit Brady himself. If you're going to blame anyone, blame Solder for being so soft and getting knocked on his ass.

It's very clear Solder wasn't expecting what Clayborn did. I don't think 300 something pound Solder would have too much difficulty blocking some 170 pound guy under game conditions. Clayborn charged into him, right in front of the quarterback, and to say he couldn't calculate that shoving Solder back would make him tip over into the guy directly behind him is completely ludicrous. "Playing to the whistle" is not applicable here. Brady wasn't even knee-braced for this exercise. There are rules of engagement, and Schiano's player violated them. Somebody who can't control his players should be tossed out.

I just saw the replay; that was BS, I'd tell Tampa Bay to go practice in the parking lot for the rest of the week.

I'm against joint practices moving forward; nothing that could be accomplished practicing against another team is worth this type risk.

I'm enraged after seeing the clip. Complete BS.

Agree! This Bush-league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man

big-lebowski-jesus-quintana.jpg

Really makes you appreciate how lucky we are as Pats fans to have a once-in-a-lifetime player like Brady, when Vegas shuts down because he tweaks a knee.

He's the greatest QB that has ever played the game

It seems pretty clear that both coaches' intention was that their QB's wouldn't get hit in the joint practice - to play the "never played football before??" card seems kind of condescending - e.g., you ever play football in a joint practice with another team? Let's all take a step back now that we know that Brady isn't gone for the season...

I was watching the play ..live...the kid was just trying to bullrush Solder...trying to impress...it's camp. Sure you're supposed to ease up at the whistle but in reality, the coaches LIKE seeing that competitiveness. The kid was intent on dominating Solder with his rush, not trying to deliberately push Solder into Brady's knee...c'mon...I LIVE and BREATHE hyperbole on this board but things like this just happen sometimes. Thankfully ,Brady is OK. He'll still get reps in practice throwing to the receivers. I don't think this will throw off his timing going into the season. Plus, the running game LOOKS like it will be very competent.

The one thing that came to my mind immediately this afternoon...where was the knee brace??? Think we'll be seeing THAT the rest of the preseason.

I was watching the play ..live...the kid was just trying to bullrush Solder...trying to impress...it's camp. Sure you're supposed to ease up at the whistle but in reality, the coaches LIKE seeing that competitiveness. The kid was intent on dominating Solder with his rush, not trying to deliberately push Solder into Brady's knee...c'mon...I LIVE and BREATHE hyperbole on this board but things like this just happen sometimes. Thankfully ,Brady is OK. He'll still get reps in practice throwing to the receivers. I don't think this will throw off his timing going into the season. Plus, the running game LOOKS like it will be very competent.

The one thing that came to my mind immediately this afternoon...where was the knee brace??? Think we'll be seeing THAT the rest of the preseason.

I don't think there was any malice intent; just the same any Patriots player trying to impress would know that pushing a 330lb tackle into Brady would have them on the next bus out of Foxboro, that doesn't hold true for the Bucs players, there's idiots like Revis probably giving Claybon kudos for this.

No, I don't think he expected Solder to fall into Brady. I think he was just going against the LT as best he could in a scrimmage.

Agreed. Pushing back against the LT and going after Brady are two separate things. He was doing his job - not trying to hurt Brady.

I don't think there was any malice intent; just the same any Patriots player trying to impress would know that pushing a 330lb tackle into Brady would have them on the next bus out of Foxboro, that doesn't hold true for the Bucs players, there's idiots like Revis probably giving Claybon kudos for this.
What did Revis do to make you think that?

Agreed. Pushing back against the LT and going after Brady are two separate things. He was doing his job - not trying to hurt Brady.

It doesn't matter the fact is in decade and a half we've never had Brady limping off a practice field.

It doesn't matter the fact is in decade and a half we've never had Brady limping off a practice field.

In a decade and a half Brady's never been 36 either...

Stop bringing logic into this conversation, Joker.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back